Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Extended Downtime on Sept 1st

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Shivs

Shivs Crypt Guard

Lets discuss rewards then, what do people want ?

Me, some of these per successful cap:

Q4 or Q5 mats, rare ores, rune stones, gold, fast meditation potions, stat potions, neithel or leenspar keys, large treasure maps.

I want them guaranteed, I don't want to spend my game time, risk my 20k gear for a bag of waste of time.

Grimtide likes this.
  2. Argast

Argast Goblin Warlord

ETA until server is up?

BertHulka likes this.
  3. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

No ETA other than what was said 8-12 hours. We're at 3 hours now.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Fengor and Xandrake101 like this.
  4. Drago

Drago Deadeye

New Village Mechanic sound more interesting than the old one, but why do you put everything directly in banks? Shouldnt it be in the backpack?

Green Chili and Fengor like this.
  5. sceptre69er

sceptre69er Goblin Scout

Yeah I just found it, wasn't aware what was going on.

MikeJT likes this.
  6. Argast

Argast Goblin Warlord

Ok, thank you!

BertHulka likes this.
  7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Newbies go out and risk everything they have to "have fun" at a village event and manage to pull off a sneaky win over some more experienced players only to be killed and looted once the event is over. Now, which sounds better for the newbie, losing everything or still gaining whatever awesome rewards they managed to get from the village? Which scenario encourage them to try another?

8. Skoota77

Skoota77 New Member

Ok so why do this on a Friday? Also Friday on a long weekend when you run the risk of running patch issues. Just saying good way to angry your already low population.

Xandrake101 likes this.
  9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Some things we can't control the schedule for. It was a necessity to get the machines switched out asap.

Wes Furtive and Fengor like this.
  10. CottonEyeJoe

CottonEyeJoe Crypt Guard

Interesting Idea. I should have known when Grimtide was selling sparkstone and battle spikes there must been a change effecting those coming in. I now have 30k battle spikes and they are useless. Time to go blow up someones city.

11. Uncle Jo

Uncle Jo Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

What about staff magnitude changes? Are those still being considered, and if so, any rough idea on when they might hit the public test server?

12. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

When have I ever tried to sell sparkstone or battlespikes?

Fengor and Uncle Jo like this.
  13. Skoota77

Skoota77 New Member

Fair enough guess I picked a bad time to come back to the game 2nd Friday in a Month of me returning to this version of this game with the game going to be down an extended time with me being able really play on Fridays and Saturdays you could see this as being an Issue for me. Some things are in my control and that's how I spend my money and my time I would like it to be on Darkfall but things like this make it hard to justify it.

14. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Should the same thing be done for trade routes? As of now, people avoid killing anyone actually doing the route, and instead try to jump them right after they turn in.

BertHulka likes this.
  15. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Makes sense to me.

16. GranddaddyPurps

GranddaddyPurps New Member
    Legend

for once i have to agree with the mass majority
    you guys are making a big mistake to this game by the vcp changes
    buff timer duration loss was a big hit to us players, now to deal with this?
    stop the punishment and give us more rewards please.
    the gold market cannot take any more massive changes to this game... u guys need to calm down

17. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

For the most part their recent changes are good. Will reserve my judgement until patch goes live, nothign you say now will change it. Try it out THEN we can complain.

18. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

Create a party, no need to have someone else in it. Capture each pad and accumulate enough points to win. You don't have to sit on each pad to accumulate points, you have to sit on them for 20 seconds to "claim" the pad. Once it's claimed it will start earning points for your party.

upload_2017-9-1_12-27-32.png

Thoughts and suggestions with this please. The small circles indicate ownership of each pad. In this scenario the Northern pad is controlled by a party other then your own, the South East and South West pads are controlled by your party. The green score (3500) is YOUR party's score and the red score (5300) is the score for the current lead scoring party.

I will also be adding a (?) button like the minimap with detailed information.

19. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Trade routes need some love for sure. The whole mechanic needs some love I think to make trade routes great again. They are on the radar but no specifics have been hashed out. Making the journey the challenge and not having to get the goods back to a bank at the end makes sense though. Too much of this game favours the aggressors I believe, we're trying to change that in some places going forward. This is one of the design style differences from our #pivot.

Corpus Callosum likes this.
  20. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

I think some of the problem is still the rewards of the trade route. Potential rewards are great but people hear about it and try them for the first time and get 100 timber and 100 leather etc and 8 rare ores.... Low end needs a buff and they should have multiple stop points along the way with multiple different exits. That fixes the camping the end part because they don't know which one to pick.

I really don't like the fact that you guys are making a full loot game PVP capture point rewards go directly into the bank as I believe the incentive to be geared goes up when the rewards are given to your person instead of bank because people want to have a fighting chance, but maybe something like whatever clan tokens or stuff you plan to give to VCP rewards for later dates be lootable after the village but rest goes into bank?

Something needs to be lootable to discourage people from just going to the villages naked.

The Red King likes this.