Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Extended Downtime on Sept 1st

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Sep 1, 2017.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

tomorrow

u can sleep in peace

2. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Update: Server is back online, we will be monitoring it for a while to see if any unforeseen issues pop up. Thank you for your patience.

Grimtide and Fengor like this.
  3. Argast

Argast Goblin Warlord

SERVER IS UP!

4. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

I'm kind of liking the capture the objective idea for VCPs, and the quicker "going live" timers, a much needed change.

Perhaps everyone gets a daily 1 way port to a live village? Also, this could be a part of the reward for winning team- semi rare chance for free rune stone to another live VCP. Goes directly into backpack.

I would like to see at least part of the rewards go directly into backpack, the other 50% into the bank.

I like the triangle/compass-like representation, feels like the black circle behind the whole thing is mostly unnecessary. Put the green score above city name and red below. And it might look cleaner. But this is mostly just a screen space issue while I'm playong ROA on my phone.

5. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

You're absolutely right. The system sounds like it could be a tug of war system between multiple parties but as soon as one wipes or a couple are ganked then it's all over because they are back at their bindstones.

PERHAPS it would be a good idea to allow party members that have a current score on the VCP the ability to recall/teleport back after death.

Fengor likes this.
  6. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

Oh yea, might think about....each party member gets1 free auto-res if they die in a live village zone. Can't be ganked until you've died twice? As others have pointed out, dying 1 time with a best case - 10 minute ride back= no fun.

7. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Just re-implement portal chambers in the game and allow you to port to any village that your clan has captured.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    NonFactor likes this.
  8. rikilii

rikilii Celestial

That's exactly the only difference, and exactly why it kinda blows. They're actually removing content. Wouldn't be bad if they ADDED it, rather than replacing the existing system.

#128 rikilii, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I think it's a great idea personally. If the party has points and the player dies inside the same village then he gets an instant recall.

Anyone elses thoughts on this?

Nat likes this.
  10. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

It is great for people in clans, doesn't do shit for those who are not, so no.

Also if you die and get ganked before anyone captures the village it is one and done. This needs to be accessible by all types of players and dieing 1 time in a 20 minute capture the obj with a 10 minute ride back is not fun.

11. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

You realize how actually helps zergs more than new players or solo players?

12. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

Yea, you keep saying stuff like that and how low level/unskilled/new DF players basically control the rare ore market and sell them to the vets and large clans that have easy access to rare ore mines and farm ore golems regularly, meanwhile these same players are living out of NPC cities barely using r40s. But I i just don't believe it, and I don't think you do either.
    This will hopefully be less of an issue with the new and upcoming changes.

However, neither of these thing are relevant to this thread or anything I've said in it, so maybe you'd like to get back on topic.

13. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

When have I said any of that? People assume some retarded things about what I think. I have definitely bought a lot of rare ore from new players and unclanned players alike early in the game. Sadly most of those players quit the game and I haven't bought much of anything except race tokens in a while. I don't think being able to go naked twice to a village capture would of kept them in the game...How are people barely using r40s? Have you played in the last month, wtf?

Also how is the the suggestion to be able to get instantly back to a village they got ganked at and me saying it's a buff to zergs not relevant?

If they die, head to the next one and hopefully be more prepared because they would of learned who you're most likely going to be fighting from the last death. Theres like 50 villages in the game, people porting back 2x per village sounds fucking aids.

#133 Grimtide, Sep 2, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
    RootedOak likes this.
  14. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

You should be rewarded for killing and ganking a player. With this, you'd be setting a timer whenever you get a gank that's basically saying "okay we have a few minutes until he comes back potentially fully other buffed, while we could still be fighting and low on stats".

Also, very few fights stay localized in this game, most of them lead to a short or long chase of some type. So you could even have 1 or 2 guys in crappy gear purposefully die, while the rest of you kite away from the village, then have them recall behind you to recap it.

I like the idea of getting back into the action fast, but maybe the recall should remove all buffs?

Also, is there any way to tie villages into the lore or make it more RPG friendly? While I don't like king of the hill in general, this system just feels like an FPS gametype that feels out of place here. Like why would standing on pads give you ownership of a village? Blowing up a control point made slightly more sense. I'd love to see an alternative that ties into other RPG aspects of the game. Like tie it to the upcoming territory control perhaps

15. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

They're not giving me my sub for free either you know. I lose 30 mins of regular playtime every day, whilst most NA or EU players are asleep or at work. But it needs to be done.
    --- Post updated ---
    It blew up. Well part of it did.

16. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Blowing up a stone that serves no purpose at all also has no Roleplay value. Nothing lost there.

NonFactor likes this.
  17. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

What's gonna grab a newer dude's interest:

show up to a village as it goes live, and have no fucking clue how to cap it, 100% confused spamming the F key,

or

showing up to a village and standing on a highlighted pad and noticing a bar go up.

" but join a clan -insert dumb spongebob meme-"

Fuck off with that honestly...
    Also
    Even with a tutorial it'd be a birch for a newer dude to participate in village events due to the engineering curve.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  18. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Agreed, I never liked that either. I mentioned that earlier in the thread. It just feels better thanks to the audial and visual feedback

19. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Claiming a pad charges a spell that places the village under your control, the "points" is the amount of energy that has been accumulated for the spell and once complete you control that village for up to 8hrs with the power of the spell. Controlling the village also rewards you by taxing the residents of their gold, resources and valuables.

The village stones are magical constructs that were installed by ancient warlords to open a portal to their storehouse and transport the taxes to them directly. Modern wizards have found that they can control these constructs using the aforementioned control spell but they lack the power to make it permanent and can only hold the control for 8 hours.

How's that?

20. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

when finally will be the next patch?