Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Feedback Patch #1 Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

The drop is 2 of the respective reagent from each node. The 2 resources you receive counts as 1 swing on the node.

Fengor likes this.
  2. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

We playing a mmorpg or an arena game here? Because you can literally reach 50 wisdom in 4 days without even logging in game except to start meditation. It's a non issue as far as changing things across the board imo. Individual items, sure. Arrows taking 20 seconds per craft is a bit excessive.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

What's up with the bush change? You're not helping newbies with this change AT ALL. Berries(and other 1 minute foods) are not only worthless, they're a hindrance and a potential pitfall if you're in a fight. Keeping potions on CD was considered difficult to do without a script in DF, and you think newbies will do well with the same mechanic applied to their food?

The minimum food duration should be changed to 3 minutes, and it should scale up from there until 30 minutes. At the very least, remove the 60 second CD from all food, so that 1 minute foods can be preemptively eaten during a fight.

1 Minute foods and 1 minute global food CDs guarantee that anyone who uses 1 minute foods will have a certain amount of time during a fight in which their food buff is down, which can be disastrous.

gosti, Myater, KingLlama and 6 others like this.
  4. Towel

Towel Akathar
    Hero

"Herb probability in shrubs has been decreased, while the probability for strawberries and blueberries increased."

Wait what? Are you implementing crafting recipes (cooking) for these? I can barely find something to do with the berries I have now. You can't make but so many colored bags lol. More herbs less berries imho or hell, more mandrake

5. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Come launch we aren't starting with 25k med points are we? I was told that was a bandaid that won't be in at launch from several people now.

A casual player is going to need combat stuff long before they can spare time and points on crafting stuff unless they are content devoting most of their 2 or less hours a day play time doing only harvesting. They also won't have gold they can put into med or use to buy equipment for quite awhile. Not everyone who plays this game (hopefully) is a vet that instantly knows how to farm gold and not die doing it.

6. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Fuck the arrow crafting time. lol. Industry is making it more bearable though.

7. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

We'll nab it next patch, it just didn't get done in time

We did, was an oversight in the patch notes :D

It's just a quick "why not" for NPX. If one noob eats them it was all worth it.

We do indeed work very hard, but honestly if we could actually work on the game full time it would be soo much better even. I work all day, come home, and many nights, work all night as well. That's basically my life atm. Luckily, I'm a workaholic.

P.s. Ive never seen such an upheaval over a few berries! Love the passion! Carry on folks.

Fawley and NonFactor like this.
  8. Towel

Towel Akathar
    Hero

Oh and good changes on the stats by the way. Wish it was in earlier. I blew like 6000 arrows yesterday/today lol
    --- Post updated ---

I still think there should be some pie recipes or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches recipe for cooking. Then I'd love the influx of berries. Fruit Cake anyone? Fruit Cake: On eating your character goes into a crazed frenzy :)

9. DestLocke

Legend

It will be on quests and probably other ways as well by launch yes.

NonFactor likes this.
  10. JasonDark

JasonDark Skeleton Archer
    Legend

did in fact someone read my suggestion about berry pie beside the apple pie? ;)

but overall good patch within the short time. Thank you BPG.
    Didnt expect stat gain on swimming beeing address so quickly, was already starting to swim today as well, but roughly made 1 stat point...
    looking forward the next things fixed,tweaked etc..

11. DestLocke

Legend

Good call, we will when we tackle crafting!

Towel and Fengor like this.
  12. Two Stroke

Two Stroke Goblin Warrior
    Hero

Very, very nice patch. Thanks guys!

13. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

You make it seem like it's something to be brushed off, but it's not. We didn't care about berries before, they were just another worthless part of DF that eventually needed to be addressed, but now you've made a change to them, and it wasn't the right change.

The fact that you're willing to spend dev time on berries, and this time wasn't spent making them NOT worthless, well, it's annoying, to say the least.

Scrubby Bear likes this.
  14. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

We are working to enhance crafting overall, and cooking is certainly one of the professions we are putting a lot of focus on.

Kylock Linoge likes this.
  15. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Update on:
    • Specifically in the Elf Land tiles: F18, F19, F20, F21, F22. E19, E20, E22, G21, G22, G23, G24, R21
    The fix that was implemented did not work, they are being further investigated to get to the root of the issue.

KingLlama and Fengor like this.
  16. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Even if the craft time was 5 seconds i would sooner buy the arrows at 2gp from the NPC because time is a resource and No one is going to profit from selling crafted arrows.

DeadlyHit likes this.
  17. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

I don't see why we can't just eat 5 berries in a row and get a 5 minute food timer. A cap of 30 minutes on food, you can eat foods and stack them with a hard cap of 30 minute duration. This would make all food have value.

Corpus Callosum, DeadlyHit and Ogrinn like this.
  18. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Just nuke elf lands like they did in UW.

DeadlyHit and Sique like this.
  19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Great work BPG, keep it up.

20. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Update on Cycle/First Available/Burst:
    There is a bug currently with reagents. Please keep them in your Backpack not a Bag.