Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: First In-game Footage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hugo, Mar 19, 2016.

1. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Come on man dont give away the secrets

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    miasMa likes this.
  2. Eletas Whitevale

Eletas Whitevale Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Just take my money already and let me play!

3. Lahmage

Lahmage Deadeye
    Hero

If deadly acts up Finnad will bench press him

GrimmyB and DeadlyHit like this.
  4. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Will be like when I met grim nothing but abuse

GrimmyB likes this.
  5. GrimmyB

GrimmyB Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

My B G, I just start slapping when i get excited.
    And can't stop picking people up when they're littler than me.

DeadlyHit likes this.
  6. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

QFT.

Many who have ever taken on an actual development role or even admin role in a game find this. This personally happened to me while being a part of the development/company behind Battledawn. The enjoyment out of the game wasn't the same. I came to enjoy the interactions with players and improving the game/community involvement more than playing.

In regards to the concerns about GMs this is also a concern for the company. Not because we have a bunch of people we don't trust involved but for the reasons of transparency and community trust. The involvement in management and handling complaints as well as monitoring admins is a multi pronged approach:

1) At a base level actions that are potentially "corruption" causing such as creating/spawning items and creatures will be limited to a handful of people.

2) Logging will be increased on all levels of admins (The original DF had over a dozen different permission sets) for better tracking.

3) Metrics and reports for admin activities will be implemented for managers to review. This will also be linked to automatic notifications to multiple people if there's metrics out of whack (such as creating a million gold for example).

4) There will be a head admin monitoring activities daily, currently that's set to be Chris whom most know as Metalkon. There's a customer support manager who will monitor on a weekly/monthly basis the reports for GMs, that's going to be Ramon who also manages the forums.

5) There will be a multiple escalation process if you are not satisfied with a GMs response/actions. This will include support tickets, then the customer support manager.

6) On top of this is a final escalation point which will be our community manager Jeffrey (Hugo). He will be acting as ombudsman which if all other points of escalation fail(You must go through the other channels first) you can bring the issue to him, he will have full access to all relevant information from the support side and he will be able to give a final answer. This would be more for issues with company policy or procedures, repeat issues that haven't been resolved after several attempts, issues with suspected abuse of power, etc.

The structure for this was devised from many years in customer support to have multiple people involved instead of a single person for resolution. Combining automated systems and human involvement to form a comprehensive system to ensure high customer service standards. More exact details will be provided on specific processes as they are ironed out and engineered over the course of alpha and closed beta.

-Andrew

7. Postman Pat

Postman Pat Akathar

I am glad you have said it's a concern for yourself it gives me comfort in the knowledge you will do everything possible to combat it.

Thank you for clarification.

Neilk likes this.
  8. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

I can definitely see that. I've often thought about trying to move from the financial services world over to MMO's, but I've always wondered if I would still find games as enjoyable if they turned into "work". Not to mention I'm sure that most game developers could probably make a lot more money, and have much better hours if they worked for a large corporation.

Ultimately I have a lot of faith in the team Kimoshu assembled, and can't wait to give them my money,

GrimmyB, DAlonso, Xipos<3 and 2 others like this.
  9. Angelos_Sanguinum

Angelos_Sanguinum Skeleton Archer

Looks like dream job, hunting heresy daily.

[​IMG]

I don't believe and won't believe any AV's word for sure now, not after mind blowing text walls on reddit.

#209 Angelos_Sanguinum, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  10. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

just don't work on your dream game and you should be fine

INB4 RoA dev's get caught playing New Dawn to 'blow off steam' ;)

11. inDef

inDef Dire Zombie
    Legend

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I AM SO FUCKING HYPED YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

It is just fucking incredible how amazing this video is from a marketing standpoint... we never got anything like this from AV in 10 fucking years. MY BODY IS READY. RETURN ME TO AGON!!!!!111111
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, did you guys place a floating bindstone into the game for that initial shot? Or is that something that was always there and I never knew it?

12. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

Lol shit. I created a monster!!

I'm not doubting anyone at BPG, let me be clear. I'm just sick of "the other DF" talking shit about this great community. Hopefully they'll read the replies about corruption on this thread and shut the fuck up forever.

#212 Fenris, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  13. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

As far as I know, it's always been there. A spawnpoint for Admins. You can see it from the ground, but it's tiny and easy to miss.

14. inDef

inDef Dire Zombie
    Legend

Interesting...I wonder how many hidden things like this there were in the game. Any hidden dungeons?! :O

15. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

I think you guys should hire Pat. He seems respectful enough to not be corrupt and favour his friends.

16. Leg enD

Leg enD Ghost

in an old rpg I used to admin we had separate zones to chill in/hold events, pull players to for resolving item issues and ones to test patches. 99.9% of players never knew most of them existed, even career-long veterans :)

I always assumed it was common in other games

17. inDef

inDef Dire Zombie
    Legend

@Umberto How does it feel to be part of this project man? After all those years of making videos and just playing the game...did you ever think you'd be getting paid to do it?! I can't wait to see all the videos and marketing you produce for the game.

I wish I had a skill set that was helpful or valuable to RoA, I'd get involved in a heartbeat if I did.

18. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Oh yeah, BPG! *pounds desk*

19. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

How will clans be selected into the first alpha wave?

20. BlackSun

BlackSun Deadeye

It makes me nervous, working during the night seeing this Video. My Client should still work, eh? xD Give me Lobby!!!