Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: House Deed Crafting Overview Video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, May 30, 2017.

1. Salival

Salival Skeleton Archer
    Hero

Nice, but is there anything to prevent no lifers from capping 10+ plots? I feel this could be a major problem....

I like the new build system though, nice job.

Kwatos likes this.
  2. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

If they do, they do. There's more houses in game than before... if you want a house, work toward that goal.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

LOFL, said so eloquently. It's good to see casuals like yourself who understand the concern be so positive. Your a casual right? Lulzz

I'm glad I wasn't the first person to come to the conclusion of how potentially fucked it is to release this now. The silence from the no lifers is evidence we are on to something lol.

JasonDark likes this.
  4. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

The wilderness plot details aren't released, so we don't know how to cap them so they will be locked away as a mystery.

As for no-lifers capping 10+ plots, they are character bound remember. If you have a house, you can only house recall to YOUR house, and to bind to a new house you would have to give it to someone else.

5. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Mats and how they're acquired are definitely a concern, for everyone. Not just the non "no-lifers".

strangereligion, Fengor and Kalos like this.
  6. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

What do you see as the issue or potential issue?

7. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

I want to complain, but will reserve judgement until i see how it works

8. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

New unique spots to place a house! That Asherons Call feeling! GG BPG

Fengor likes this.
  9. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

Large clans that have tons of mats ( not us btw ) will be at a huge advantage. Also, depending where these new mats come from, there can be multiple bottlenecks. Whether a spawn camp or some chaos chest type mechanic

10. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

Roger that.

11. Wizard

Wizard New Member

Craftable deads is a huge mistake. This will just further the divide between the elites and casuals.

JasonDark and Synik like this.
  12. lorddarka

lorddarka Goblin Scout

Your clan farms the red dragon i doubt you have a concern jonah gtfo

Kurise LXV and strangereligion like this.
  13. Jonah_Veil

Supporter Streamer

Those all go to personal funds, and characters. No one has a stockpile like everyone is imagining.

Regs expensive yo.

14. Throndr

Throndr Goblin Scout

I really don't get all the complaining. A cottage deed will probably be under 100k in crafting cost. If you can't farm that over time as a casual gamer, sorry, but that's not the games fault. The skills needed and the mats needed will probably be farmable in a few weeks, even without nolife'ing it. Big clans want the bigger houses for increased bindspots, and lots of big shot don't even want their own house, because they want to leech of different houses spread out depending on where they want to farm or fight this week or that.

There is a lot of house spots around and BPG has promised to increase house spots depending on demand. If you really need a house in a certain spot, save up. Everything has a price.

And regarding nolife'ers picking all the best spot. Please tell me a good mechanic not giving them a better chance? Even with the chaos chest drops, big shots got most of the deeds, because they have the gold to buy it. And like it or not, more hours ingame should give you an advantage.

I was late to the game DFO, and certainly didn't nolife it until the very end, but I bloody well saved up the gold, and bought a house. Just please, BGP, for the love of Melek the mighty and all that is holy in Agon, give us a safe'ish way to trade houses, not needing a middle man.

My complaint is that you didn't release them last wednesday, when my wife left on business, so I really could have nolife'd it first few days ;) On friday I'll be stuck on my parents crappy satelite internet, and wine and beer waiting downstairs.

15. lorddarka

lorddarka Goblin Scout

16. Rawr

Rawr Chosen of Khamset

Because having 40 man raids rolling over the countryside hitting every chaos chest in sight and killing everyone in sight was good too right? Relying on pure RNG.

There's more housing plots, there's different ways to aquire them, all of which will be taking a large amount of time and resources.

We know it requires at least 3 professions at 50, even a casual can have those.... I have mastery in alchemy almost, engineering in the high 60's (not focusing on this at all). Construction is just a gold sink.

So far, gold cost is ~40k, that's not hard. Everybody is complaining before we have any further details.

17. lorddarka

lorddarka Goblin Scout

Im going to guess the larger homes will need a astrolabe type of drop and not many have access to farming those heh buy on open market' sure another grind coming to darkfall useless housing! If the villages had more purpose this could b fun like a mayor election mini zap towers that attack all non reside ts and some crafting stations, it couls be some nice content but oh well it is what it is

18. Synik

Synik Ghost
    Hero

Isn't this the discussion thread? I want to hear from BPG about the concerns we all have.

19. fullmight

fullmight Goblin Warrior

That's retarded; just lock players to 1 plot max.

20. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

I used to have 2 Lvilla a villa and a cottage ... i will settle for 1 "home" at a good location this time.
    Housing always was a goldsink, don't think i ever sold a house for more then i invested in it (maybe cause the demand was dropping alot at the end too?)
    what i do wonder is if guests will be able to pay the taxes on houses... some of the houses in previous df's had people pay tax for houses where the owner left the game long ago...
    There needs to be a way to pay tax for someone that is on a vacation irl, but shouldn't be possible to do this forever imo.