Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: House Deed Crafting Overview Video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, May 30, 2017.

1. GaiusSeptimus

GaiusSeptimus Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Agreed. It'd be awesome to have some active two-sided conversation in here, rather than just speculation.

2. Dufer

Dufer Air Elemental
    Supporter

This evens the playing field. Previously it was RNG. So many people have alts, and will just have a house on their alts. Multiple. That's my concern, but there is nothing to regulate that.

Larger clans will cap these houses first. I'm sure LoD with their clan structure will pull a keep or lvilla early on. (Just so you know, LoD is not an elitist no lifer clan)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. fullmight

fullmight Goblin Warrior

I do kinda wish they'd give us the exact size of the piles of shit we have to farm if they're going to clue us in like this. It seems obvious that you'll need basically every resource, sand, stone, wood, iron, a shitload of gold.

So we can start stockpiling now, but I'd like to know just how far I have left to go.

4. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

I like the sound of this, mostly, and some of the new locations look really cool.

Hopefully there is something left for the more casual players once the dust settles, other than saving up gold for a year then praying to the gods that you can eventually buy a crappy house for too much money.

Would be nice if the many tax paying and house selling issues recieved some attention, also.

Get us our vendors, and founder blade in there, too.

We getting there, boyz!

5. Wizard

Wizard New Member

LOL, when was there ever a 40 man "chaos chest" raid, that is rediculious, the issue is that even though it may be possible for a small group to farm for a cottage in a few weeks, it will be much easier for large clans of no lifers to get good spots day 1, thereby increasing the power gap.

Fawley and Synik like this.
  6. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

I can't watch video atm, but I hope there is at least 1 kind of mat that is hard to get and drop as a really small % of chance on some mob(s). If it's just mats that can be grinded, then you'll see large clans of really active players, specially gatherers with many alts, getting most of the houses and controlling the market, making it really hard for solo players to get one.

7. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Deadeye
    Legend

Crafting house deeds better not be behind some huge skill wall. If its like 75-100 construction for keeps/LV, and you need 50-100 in all the other crafts to make all the parts this game will be fucked in the ass. Huge Clans will own EVERYTHING. Hopefully making these items is turning shit into NPCS in return for the mats or level 1-25 in craftings.

8. GaiusSeptimus

GaiusSeptimus Goblin Warlord
    Legend

The video showed for a house at least 25 construction, 50 alchemy, and 50 scribing.

9. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

Yea. Maybe that is part of the solution. To at least help the issue. Make it so that the deeds do not only require mat gathering, but also some very rare loot item(s) that come from medium + lvl mobs. Otherwise, it seems like the majority of the houses will simply go to those with the most time to gather wood/stone/whatever.

Overall, looks good.

10. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

I'm excited and worried about this. I'm imaging the largest clans focusing this and owning way too much housing way too fast. We shall see how this goes *crosses fingers*

GodwinBelhorne likes this.
  11. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

You complain? Nooooooooo.
    --- Post updated ---
    It already is that way. one house per account.

Fengor likes this.
  12. Jonah_Veil

Jonah_Veil Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter Streamer

Already like that. But alts etc.

Fengor likes this.
  13. Kaizen

Kaizen New Member

Any word on the rest of the update, like the new tasks?

14. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Cant pay the taxes lose the house, only owners should be able to pay taxes.

Fengor and Fenris like this.
  15. Chersk

Chersk Skeleton Archer

I'm not a dwarf and never will be but that track doesn't seem very dwarvish to me.

16. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

it looks like big clans with a lot of alts gonna have a big advantage. we can see on the video that to make a house at least 50 alchemy, 50 scribbing and 25 construction are needed. why not make thoses skills needed for owning a house too ? it will prevent multiple alts account owning a house

17. Troy FigNewton

Troy FigNewton Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

We'll looks like houses are still nothing more than a bind spot.... And why not remove all the pointless houses in the cities and add housing to player cities and npc cities??

18. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Yeah I know there's a lot of concern from casuals about getting a home but keep in mind we've made changes to prevent inactive player homes from being paid and we've already added houses and can continue to if they are too rare.
    --- Post updated ---
    One step at a time.

19. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

Hidden house areas and plots of land around the map are the dopest shit ever and if you don't believe me then you can just get the fuck out of my face :grin:

20. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

There are new materials that can be acquired in a variety of different ways that will be needed to craft deeds. Everyone will start on equal footing learning how, and where, to acquire these new resources. The system was designed so anyone, from solo players to large clans, will have the ability to work towards the various housing deeds.

We feel this is a much better system than relying solely on RNG mechanics, as it gives every player an opportunity to actively work towards a deed themselves, instead of stockpiling gold in the hopes that someone would want to sell their plot of land. There are also new housing plots that have been added, and we will continue to add in new locations throughout the game's development.

Fengor and strangereligion like this.