Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: House Deed Crafting Overview Video

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, May 30, 2017.

1. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

I 500% agree. Only the owner should be able to pay the taxes. Not the tenants, not the neighbor, not the hobo drunk as fuck outside Owayhan, not the owner's pet Mahirim. Only the owner. Can't pay on time? House lost. It'll give the chance to other people to get one and take care of it.

There HAS to be a certain level of rotation in house ownership, because I foresee lots of no-lifers owning several houses with their numerous alt accounts. This fact alone will make house ownership pointless and almost unattainable for casual players. And if clans start monopolizing house plots with their alts and no-lifing prowesses, no casual will ever get a house on RoA unless they pay ludicrous amounts of gold.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    kilrath81 likes this.
  2. Flux D

Flux D Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Legend

you can get an astrolabe as a drop from a rat. or an orb of dominion. etc. not sure if they modified that, but thats how old df was. though, not sure if there is a new drop that they would have it as the same super rare wildlife drop.

3. Ark Hemmel

Ark Hemmel Goblin Scout

I'm gonna assume that sand is needed for glass and clay for shingles. If I'm incorrect about that, disregard rest of post.

If I am correct, why? Why are we pushing digging? Stare at the ground for countless hours gaining 0 stats unlike any other gathering, or afk macro it which I thought was something we were trying to get rid of. You can even do it in guard tower range. It just boggles my mind why this is a thing in the game at all, let alone a part of the "improved" method of house acquisition.

4. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

I 399%% disagree :p
    like i said owner paying tax yes, but should have like a way so people going on vacation etc don't lose their house.

I will be going on a trip to asia for a month, don't intend to play games there :p
    i rather have a way to keep my house without sharing my account info so someone else can login and pay for it, or didn't you think that would happen ?

but i do agree it should be easier to get houses from "alts or people just logging in to pay taxes once a week"

Candy and strangereligion like this.
  5. DarkGhost25

DarkGhost25 Black Knight
    Loyal Contributor Hero

I feel a bit stress by house taxes, I think house should take much longer to go live. As Cagori said, you shouldn't be forced to log in so often.

6. Wizzy

Wizzy Undead Dwarf
    Patron Contributor

Give the house to a trusted friend until you return

7. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Only the owner and a tenant should be able to pay taxes on a home. So if an owner goes away with no tenants to cover their taxes they would lose it.

Candy, Fengor and Wizzy like this.
  8. Down Syndrome

Down Syndrome Fire Elemental
    Legend

Make houses go vulnerable if the owners sub goes inactive.

9. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Don't agree, but its your game. People leaving a long time others should have the ability to own that house. They can trade off their ownership to the friend. Owning a house is a perk, people should have to log in and maintain their perk. Otherwise you get a dude rage quits then his tenants always pay the taxes so they dont lose the bind to the house or some crap.

10. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

I used to offer 5k a week to live In people's houses. Was way better than being stuck on one house

Fengor likes this.
  11. GaiusSeptimus

GaiusSeptimus Goblin Warlord
    Legend

I think the biggest flaw involved for new housing system and the casual/clanless players is that you made multiple skills need to be > 1 in order to craft the different pieces of a deed. The complexity is interesting, but it means that solo players have to grind up all of those different skills in order to even attempt to craft the deed.

FLea likes this.
  12. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

There will always be reputable players willing to help a solo player out. Many would help craft the deed for free.

Ikaika Koa, Neo70, Wizzy and 2 others like this.
  13. kilrath81

kilrath81 Black Knight
    Lifetime Legend

Ore pretend to, then rip the new player off lol.

GaiusSeptimus likes this.
  14. Chuck Zitto

Chuck Zitto Gravelord
    Legend

With the chaos chest deeds it spread things out and gave everybody equal oppurtunity. What I am thinking is going to happen is large clans gonna figure everything out first and camp whatever gives the rare mats or whatever and own several entire villages with no hostile neighbors which means no pvp. Houses can't be sieged so huge clans will basically get unsiegeable player cities that constantly pay them for naked capping the vcp.

FLea likes this.
  15. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

If you can't play for an extended period of time, simply pass ownership to a trustworthy individual. Without a decent turn-over rate, housing will be pointless in RoA for anyone with a life. Fortunately the number of possible tenants has been increased, but I still think the owner alone should be the one to pay taxes.

kilrath81 likes this.
  16. Cagori Rei

Cagori Rei Wildtribe Mage
    Legend

i will try to get whats needed to craft deeds, i don't rip people off, and i'm sure there are some other "old name crafters/middlemen" who could do the same

17. Brown Dorf

Brown Dorf Goblin Warlord

Will we be able to decorate our homes with the heads of our enemies? If not, you've missed a fantastic oppurtunity.

18. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

I can't imagine any solo players grabbing any houses until later on. Especially if there are certain mobs you'd have to grind to get specific items to craft the deeds which will be on lock by large clans. IMO new players/solo'ers probably had a better chance of getting a deed through luck or buying than they will with this implementation. I don't see why it's implied that it's fair for new/solo players.

GaiusSeptimus likes this.
  19. GaiusSeptimus

GaiusSeptimus Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Completely agreed. It really does favor those in clans.

20. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

This entire game is based on aspects of clan oriented activities. Politics, sieges, Large scale PVE, etc. Darkfall isn't a 1v1 arena (despite what haha mad boys mad boys think) or meant to be solo played.

Granted, it CAN be, and that's ok if you choose that path. Just realize you want have access to the same benefits groups of players will. Multiple people participating in any endeavor will have more at their disposal in regards to the materials gathered.

This game isn't designed based on the one, but the many. The best part however, even if it's slim chances, a solo player could still acquire housing.

FLea and Ikaika Koa like this.