Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: How do you think we could increase the population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cudelr, Aug 23, 2018.

?

What do you think will get more population?

1. An Arena

35.1%
  2. Combat changes

16.2%
  3. More Girl Streamers

24.3%
  4. Fancy skins in these groovy graphics that you can pay 10$ for

13.5%
  5. Destroy all beaches

13.5%
  6. Listen to the valuable imput players leave on fourms

21.6%
  7. Make Polls where over 50% of the options are stupid bullshit

16.2%
  8. Hack peoples computers and automatically download the game for them

10.8%
  9. Make the game just forums

13.5%
  10. Other: (please specify below)

13.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Valaska

Valaska Goblin Scout

Ahhh I gotcha. I am downloading the RoA client atm, was talking based on my past experience in DFO and other games. But yeah that is quite the bloody pickle, the way some were suggesting it here was an instance you don't lose gear in and use it to train for proper PVP. That woud be an even worse way of handling it...

If you dropped gear though I don't know if that would do what you think it would. In my opinion and experience that would just make the arenas an entirely ignored mechanic and thus wasted manhours in development for the feature. Hrm, its a strange place they backed themselves into with runebooks...

It'd take some effort to salvage this and a change to their pay mechanics...

Hah, that's how forumfall was back in the day too. We could theory craft, shoot the crap, and bash heads together abou literally every little scrap that came our way on the forums. We had to, honestly, all we were getting for 10 years were tiny little scraps of information xD

2. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Wealthy Legend

Theory crafting is freaking pass time for these fools. All I do is post a random idea and let them rip it apart like a toy.

******************************************************************************************************************
    Give red players the ability to see the locations on anyone on the map at long distance and blue players the ability to see locations of anyone at close distance and you would see 1,000% increase in player activity.

However it would be annoying getting chased a lot so they have to have a toggle for this ability after so many blue players get PKed or only have it on during prime time.

******************************************************************************************************************

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #22 Quin Tessence, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    Cudelr and Valaska like this.
  3. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Shaman

Darkfall needs to go full anime graphics with skimpy outfits. Also a race of lolis(dwarves/alfars) and some animal earred girls(mahirim)

4. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Seems pretty OP I dont want Squanto to know where I am at all times while wearing full dura 150k bag :3
    --- Post updated ---
    Yasssss

Valaska and Quin Tessence like this.
  5. Valaska

Valaska Goblin Scout

Hmmm... I can see some use to that I suppose but I dunno if it is worth the payoff in the end. It would in the very least give much more incentive to go red and move away from the safe blue cities in order to either be hidden or keep tracks on other people. I think its a bit hasty to assume it would be a literal "1000%" increase in player activity, but it would force people to be more active with hamlets and such. Population though? It likely wouldn't aid in population at all.

I'd avoid the toggles though personally, maybe just make the capital cities "blank spots" that obscure the location of the blues to have an introduction to the system with new players.

Quin Tessence likes this.
  6. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

who the fuck is Sartek

7. Valaska

Valaska Goblin Scout

Sartek Battlecry? He was The Chessy Alliance's big names and the entirety of Turtles knew his name, he could wreck the best people in Vigilante except for Nagz Blackblood, ironically both Mahirim lol. He was a beast of a player and he went more independent when we finally broke and crushed TCA (I was in Vigilante), when we pushed them off of Nif they just dissolved.

He was a really good guy too, super well known and such. North American server btw, I got to know him because I had maxed out armor crafting for every material and he'd come to me for his studded/bone armor mix. Getting into a small clan with a group of friends near the end was some of the most fun outside of the large sieges we had when I was in Turtles and Strangers With Candy.

Good times... I miss the Tribelands tbh, I will wait to download the game on my RMA'd SSD when it gets back though. Gosh I miss the Tribelands and Nif, I spent a ton of time on them.

Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  8. HeganHatsumo

HeganHatsumo Chosen of Khamset

ahh cool never heard of any of these people or clans but then again didnt play during this time period. welcome back goodluck out there

Valaska and Sero like this.
  9. Yomi Scythetalon

Yomi Scythetalon Oak Lord
    Wealthy Streamer Contributor Legend

Sartek was a beast confirmed

Valaska likes this.
  10. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Original DFO names are all shitters now. This is like back when 90s were doing back damage from 5 metres away, and all it took to be good was a macro'd char.

Cudelr likes this.
  11. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

Gfx update.

I could get literally, LITERALLY 20 people into the game inmediately after.

I realise it won't happen.

12. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Just not practical atm.

Cudelr likes this.
  13. Valaska

Valaska Goblin Scout

Well, I'm a game dev and I know a huge amount of people who do modelling but... the sahders etc, that'd need programming. Also none of them work for free.

14. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Remove all shadows would that fix the shaders? Lol I feel like they are 2 completely different things. Remove all shaders would that work?

15. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Shaman

[​IMG]
    Darkfall needs to go in this direction with graphics to obtain more population

16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

in game voice comms

17. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Varangian Warthane
    Contributor

Thats what I figured, if BPG could get some passionate devs to volunteer.

18. Hane

Hane Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Finish the game. Like, actually finish it. This game still has almost no content. What?
    Wipe everything.
    Pretend it isn't Darkfall. Abolish this ugly disgusting word from every corner of the forums.
    Advertise.
    Rerelease as a new title.

Short of that you aren't getting anybody new, just the occasional returning sub that'll check out a new patch for a month or less before quitting again due to low population / no content.

Fengor, onslaught and Sero like this.
  19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

100 year plan. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Red King, Hane and Cudelr like this.
  20. Valaska

Valaska Goblin Scout

Shaders are programmable and it wil affect textures on an object, materials, etc which can make it brighter or darker etc. Shadows are specifically the dark outline that falls on something, for a model to be darkened the shadows and shaders have to be working together. Removing shadows would just make it look really, really, really confusing why all these models are getting brighter or darker haha.