Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: How do you think we could increase the population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cudelr, Aug 23, 2018.

?

What do you think will get more population?

1. An Arena

35.1%
  2. Combat changes

16.2%
  3. More Girl Streamers

24.3%
  4. Fancy skins in these groovy graphics that you can pay 10$ for

13.5%
  5. Destroy all beaches

13.5%
  6. Listen to the valuable imput players leave on fourms

21.6%
  7. Make Polls where over 50% of the options are stupid bullshit

16.2%
  8. Hack peoples computers and automatically download the game for them

10.8%
  9. Make the game just forums

13.5%
  10. Other: (please specify below)

13.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

OH THAT SUCKS ., I WOULD LIKE TO SEE PLAYER HIT BOXES WORK LIKE NPC HIT BOXES ., IS THIS POSSABLE?

2. Valaska

Valaska Goblin Scout

Yes, in fact that other Darkfall reboot has accomplished an improved network program that makes player hitboxes much more accurate. If a player is lagging balls or on a really poor connection it is much more difficult to fix and requires a programming proficiency thats far above me...

One of the ways to do it would be to force that player to slow down and only be able to move at the rate they're sending updates which would be fknterrible, if you played APB with a slower connection you know how shit this solution is. There's more complicated methods to predict where the hitbox and the player are is at any one point and that's the method that RoA would need to do unless they are willing to do a general overhaul on the network programming like New Dawn seems to have done.

3. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Wealthy Legend

The only thing good about Bless Online was the bunny ears.

[​IMG]

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Yomi Scythetalon likes this.
  4. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Shaman

I didn't post bless though, I posted Tera

5. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Wealthy Legend

Kind of figured since the resolution wasn't even close to 1080.
    I just felt like burning that brig since I took a long break from Darkfall to play in that prom night dumpster fire

[​IMG]

At least my dream was alive for a short time.

On a side note my character kind of reminds me of a character from the anime "Made in the Abyss" Id highly recommend that to anyone who thinks they hate Anime.

6. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

How do you finish a game that has no new feature that can hold any connection with each others? I hate to think that any new feature added just feels like a new mod from a random user to me.
    There's no branch in progression.

We all want the new territory-control thing since that will probably be the first feature that can hold some connection with everything going on. I don't think it will make any current feature become obsolete, but from what i read, it will heavily nerf runebooks and give a reason to control more area's.

7. Shaocoo123

Shaocoo123 Goblin Scout

An arena is such a lame idea. Gimme UW near in its final days combat. Gimme more to do than JUST pvp for fun mostly.

8. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Arenas only add to the game they take absolutely nothing away

Chantree and The Red King like this.
  9. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Shaman

Unless you turn the entire game into an arena

10. Hane

Hane Skeleton Archer
    Legend

By "finished" I mean to have what any MMO has in order to be considered finished. Enough content to keep the playerbase busy until your next wave of content / expansion comes out.

RoA removed all of their content when they decreased the grind to being able to finish a character in under a week. The grind is the only content this game had.

They have no meaningful PvE content, no character progression, and almost no gear grind. There is no real reason to play this game. The PvP is fun, but what's the point? There's no real reason to own territories, there's no meaningful content to control. There's no PvE raid targets that clans are competing over to lock down. There's no reason to siege, to own any territory. When you drop a siege you're basically just clicking a queue button for larger scale PvP, nobody actually cares about the city or hamlet being sieged.

People cared about cities in Darkfall Online because the surrounding PvE mattered. Resources mattered. The character grind was real. The gear grind was very real. In an effort to make the game more casual friendly RoA has effectively removed all of the content their game had, removed all of the reasons to keep logging in, to keep playing this game. It makes me sad.

Battle Smurf, The Red King and BeatIt like this.
  11. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

Once relics are in BPG needs to create another plan and stick to it.

Roadmap! Goals, plans, execution

12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

To me, DFO is still more complete than ROA for the simple fact that most of DFO's feature share more connection than any current ROA's feature. You felt a branch of progression in DFO while in ROA, everything is so split or with no soul.

Every mmo's are completed as soon as they launch. The fact that we pay mmo's to play them monthly is the only reason they never stop adding new stuff..

So after all that, let's ask the same question again: what it takes for ROA to progress?

First off, let me explain why i think DFO feels more completed than ROA and ''grind'' has nothing to do with that.

DFO felt more organic and that's how a mmorpg should feel.

ROA doesn't feel too organic so it doesn't feel like there's anything to do at all when ever you login. Having more feature doesn't make a game feel more completed, it only adds more pieces of the puzzle that don't connect to each others.

As ROA kept adding more feature, it kept on getting less and less completed in my opinion. I felt only disappointment for every feature BPG changed or added since nothing felt connected in the end. A forum member like Non factor wants everything to be reverted to the point where wof got nerfed.

Everytime AV made a patch, they made sure it had a good connection for the rest of the game to make it feel more complete. The only patch they've made that felt so detached with the rest of the game were fun-hulks.

DFO new features and connections:

-Destroyers: made to lessen the amount of mages and to discourage players from wielding staves. Result: a lot of players went destroyer in order to not grind magic and to punish anyone wielding staves. More players wanted to camp selentine golems to make a full set or to have just enough encumbrance to leave their arrow damage intact. Naturally, it felt balanced when Itwas Luck showed us just how good those builds were.

-Maps: it felt so new and so rewarding when we got 1 and they were rare and special.

-In attempt to fight bunny hoppers, AV added blue tails. Result, mage island was hot, wild tribes spawn with mages were good and more spots for steed-grass were contested.

-Last expansion added more meaningful mobs to hunt: especially the shadow spirits for the lack of portal shards since they were always on demand. The world/dungeons got revamped with new mob families added or completed like the beastmen(added): good for q3 teeth and the Sarlids(completed), good for q2 keen. The most contested new spawn added was the shadow spirit spawn for more portal shards. Multiple daily quests were added too.

-Sea towers added: more boats crafted, fights at the sea towers were pretty common until ppl got tired of the state of water combat and the reward wasn't even good anyway.

-VCP's were always trash for the longest. When the reward got buffed, more players started to kill golems; commons spots for pvp. I don't do trade routes, but i also started seeing more players doing them.

My only problems with DFO was the character grind and how easy it actually was to get gold after the character grind.

ROA since launch:

Let's get rid of all the obsolete stuff since launch first.

-Most titles: obsolete. So easy to make gold that you don't need to complete your easy titles.
    -Scribing: obsolete. Anywhere, gold is so easy to make that scribing is waste of more gold.
    -Siege/holdings: obsolete. Why do we even own them? For 1k cost on billboards? 1 city is enough for all, use cap_recall for your needs.
    -Housing: Obsolete. Book is worth 35k. In the end, a house shouldn't even be worth more than 2.5k.
    -q1's q2's + q1 & q2 crafting mats: Obsolete. If you are not grinding, q3 mats and q4 mats are actually easy to get.
    -Steed-grasses: kinda obsolete. I got tons of mounts and steed-grasses; they cost 200g each.
    -Racial war: Removed
    -Wilderness Portals: mixed case. They are either obsolete or not: it all depends on the way you manage the map with runebooks alone.
    -New spawns or changes: wasted effort. With spawn scaling on every mobs, it doesn't matter if a spawn has 12+ mob when you can bring up any other spawn if you do it efficiently. In beta, skull island was the shit. I haven't heard nothing about skull island since spawn scaling.

So now, you got ROA feeling even more incomplete than DFO will ever be since i've named more ROA's obsolete features than DFO's added features. What ROA has mostly done is eliminate our needs. That in my opinion is not better since this is an mmorpg. We need to do more stuff, not less.

ROA has mostly made balanced patches which are good. I like not having buff others, 3 CC's got nerfed, the grind is easy so you can't just be top tier coz you farmed for the longest, players are now more prompt to wear better gears to win instead of wearing robes...

Aside from that, a few added features feels like a new mod from skyrim to me. They're not bad, but it's just how it feels. They also make ROA feel like a private server on high-rates which is both good and bad. High rate on character grind is all we asked for.

-Dropping bags
    -more random clutter that most ppl don't care enough to loot these days
    -more titles that you either care for or not(those feel like steam trophies that you can no longer unlock when you start modding your game
    -maybe 1 new pallet-swap mob that no one has ever farmed
    -more content to purchase with money
    -Runebooks which is the reason most of ROA's feature are now obsolete: that's like adding Teleport to locations on map for GTA.
    -Spawn scaling which is the reason that it's now possible to make 60k+ per hour versus 25k
    -Impulse to replace shrapnel and i still think shrapnel should come back to be used in conjunction since we are only left with fireball+magma with a dawn-staff.

Battle Smurf and Sero like this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Good post overall, but this little bit is false. PPL got tired of state of water combat yes, but they still showed up to sea towers EN MASS. The reward was HUNDREDS of rare ore. It was VERY lucrative.

You're right with the rest though. Everything has been systematically deconstructed to make way for the "casuals" because thats all people would complain about... there wasn't enough CASUALS playing the game. It was too hard for them or it took too long to progress.

Yet none of these changes have us a booming population? Because once you get to the endgame, theres no more progression, everything is easily acquired, and it gets stale.

TL;DR: You can't take out content/time sinks and not add anything new.

Battle Smurf and Scrapnotcrap like this.
  14. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

well that sounds shit

Scrapnotcrap likes this.
  15. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

This is spot on

16. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

I agree.

They need to realize that the only reason we want a queuing system for VCP's is because most of the time, we find no one. I don't literally want arena's.

17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

It won't be an Arena. And it won't be a Village.

It's going to be some cross-abomination thats going to rape organic PVP even more. Everyone who wanted an Arena wanted to keep it separate from the open world, so the open world would still house organic encounters (which are almost completely disintegrated at this point anyways.)