Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Launch of Early Access and Kick Off Patch Teaser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

As much as I want ez pz enchanting mats for gold, im gonna jump on board with the minority and say this is a bad idea. It adds a gold sink, sure, but it also makes getting these mats incredibly easy and removes incentive to farm some high level mobs, keeping people in their cities and not out in the world farming.

I want RPG content damnit! Let's see some cool new quests or something, not trying to fix things that arent broken. If you wanted to make some Q4-5 mats not such a pain to farm, just make it so you always get one on the skin instead of a total fail.

azealiabanks likes this.
  2. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

Hehe you have a skewed perspective sir. You're the 1% in the world of darkfall, not much perspective on how the majority plays. You can go where you want and farm what you want when you want to, so it seems easy to you. When you suck at the game, just the idea of going there is kinda risky.

Trying to design an entire mmorpg to satisfy some guys who devote their lives to it is not going to work. They can either make the game so it's still a grind for the 1%, but pretty doable, or they can make it so it's a grind to regular players, but still doable. If I wanted a game that didn't die in 5 months, I sure as hell wouldn't be catering to the 1% (no offence)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    streaml1ne, mrW, Owyn Magnus and 6 others like this.
  3. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

it is easier to get q5 then q4, takes a lot longer to farm q4 horn or claw, even q3 is time consuming, so this method would not be more
    maybe u should try playing the game before saying I am wrong, as I have farmed q4 and q5 quite recently and it is easier to get q5 then farming the amount of q4 to make the same amount of q5. How ya gonna say someone is wrong when ya don't play, lol wtf
    --- Post updated ---
    I agree with this post, a lot of these guys saying Infernal is too common in a BETA well duh not a lot of people playing so it makes total sense that some people have a lot. But majorioty of the pop does not no life the game like, Juicy, Wes, Darkfire and others. so there pov is biased towards them, and does not even take into account this population vs the beta population. Armor the good kind, is not as easy for majority pop. but they cannot get past that for whatever reason.
    --- Post updated ---
    NOT
    No I do not mean that, I mean the baradron on yssam, it drops up to 8 q5, q4 drops from 2 things, gor dar and raptors, I farmed raptors the other day, a 3 spawn, after close too 2 hours , I got maybe 30 claw. I have kilt baradron 3 times and gotten 20 q5 claw. q4 claw skinning chance seems to be a fair bit lower then q5 as it is with mino, have farmed them for an hour and gotten 15 horn, q3 is little easier but still time consuming, q5 is easy to get,

I would be happy to take you out and show ya the difference though, efficient farming.

Dixie Normus, miasMa and Super Star like this.
  4. Gotja

Gotja Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

LETS FUCKING GO BPG

5. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Benefactor Legend

Now we just need full screen windowed mode so streamers can actually stream without having issues!

Dixie Normus, Fengor and Super Star like this.
  6. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

How awesome would it be if that was in the patch too?

7. miasMa

miasMa Varangian Warthane
    Benefactor Legend

I would have to say Super Mega Ultra Awesome! :p

[​IMG]

8. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Considering how much you guys thanked us in this update I feel like I should personally take some credit for this patch. You're all welcome.

9. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer

The teaser video left out a lot of exciting changes. Hang tight :)

10. hayland

hayland Dire Zombie
    Legend

Isnt early access usually something about a headstart if you paid for it?
    Does this involve a wipe or just a fancy name for more closed beta?

Im not very informed on the progress so far but it looks cool

11. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

My dick may or may not be hard depending on whether or not this is a troll.

Ask yourself, "do I want to make Beargrim hard?"
    --- Post updated ---
    Bad wording. It means phase 2 of Beta.

Dixie Normus and Catorino like this.
  12. Supafro

Supafro Undead Dwarf
    Hero

cheers, really good teaser.

13. Volfen

Volfen Chosen of Khamset
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Lifetime Legend

No, early access is the ability to play a game during early development generally.

14. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

@Korag We're disagreeing mostly because you're focusing on Q4/5 Claw (and I actually ALREADY said leenspar gear was too ez to make which implies q5 claw is easy especially compared to q4) and I'm talking about Horn and other shit. The primary reason MOST people like this is it makes good gear easier to aquire.

Unless you're trying to say it's now easier to get Q5 horn than bulk Q4 which imma call BS on unless the tables were ninja changed

Regardless I really don't care what BPG does because i'll adapt to it like I have since 2008. I just want the population to stick around and be active in the world struggling and fighting over shit and believe that too many people think actually reaching the "endgame" carrot fast is what's best for that or even going to provide the most fun experience.

Too many people on this forum say "We want faster (and significantly cheaper) leveling and gear aquision" and "you have to give us a REASON to fight" in the same breathe....

No shit after character progression resources were supposed to be the primary motivator, followed by factions, and player politics

Instead we've made resources and reaching maxed characters MUCH easier, totally removed any semblance of racial warfare or group identity, got zero meaningful incentive to be a "good guy" or detriment to being a cunt, and Politics/ Clan name/rank mean NOTHIN

So what makes you think people will go out and keep fighting even 10% as much after the first 6 months?

Most of the people damn sure won't stick around just because they enjoy pvp JUST for the sake of PvP like I have

I want to CARE when I die or almost die with something good...the stakes in EvE can be infinitely higher and they've got 50,000 accounts logged in at any given time. I want many aspects of EvE's ruleset, economy, and DEPTH but with Darkfalls combat and races (plus in game voice communication) that's my dream game

If that's not what most people here want that's cool I'll shut up about it and just play until the action dies down

#74 Battle Smurf, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    mrW, Crumly and Mycke like this.
  15. azealiabanks

azealiabanks Goblin Warrior

i hope they reconsider combining enchant mats. regional pve gives us a reason to farm certain mobs and creates pvp hotspots.

Battle Smurf and Aristos Giannes like this.
  16. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Exactly. I see the Ruby villages becoming a lot less popular after this patch.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  17. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

its more of an option if you HAVE to farm certain things due to you being short on time and there being a spawn near your holding. Or maybe you need a one off of a mat and you want to sacrifice 5 of another to make a different one. As scrubby pointed out above, it definitely wont be efficient combining lower tiers for higher tiers, especially when they go through the mat skin rates and adjust the skin fail and the drop minimum. That will smooth things out. This change wont affect spawns being contested or not. It may be easy to farm certain q4 mats in bulk, but it would be more efficient trading those mats for other of the same quality than it would be transmuting them over and over to maybe make a single q5 bag.

18. Fenris

Fenris Celestial
    Hero

I could hardly believe it when I logged on to the test server. It truly felt like a different game. I foresee very exciting days ahead!!

19. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

If we see any unpackaged trolls we will let you know since the line between thoughtful reasoned perspective and just trolling, seems particularly blurry to you for some reason, though one would think you'd be better at identifying your own species.

20. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Free trial is rolling already????