Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Launch of Early Access and Kick Off Patch Teaser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

You for real? Q5 teeth and horn and lifeforce/etc are all a bitch to farm. Now i can farm the 12 menhir spawn right outside our hamlet for safe, easy gold and get those mats in the comfort of an NPC city.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  2. AlexTheFiend

AlexTheFiend New Member

Will we see normal maps added into the game?

3. azealiabanks

azealiabanks Goblin Warrior

feels like we are losing something for a marginal convenience that might only occasionally benefit the lazy solo player.

with the current drop rates i agree this change won't matter too much, but then i wonder what motivated bpe to prioritize it.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  4. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

they are changing the skin rates...it would only be broken if they left everything exactly how it is for launch

Wes Furtive and Owyn Magnus like this.
  5. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Yes free trial started earlier today.

Fengor and NonFactor like this.
  6. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

There are a lot of things the art and modeling team is working on, and this is one of them I believe. We'll need all of your help though when the update goes live finding key areas we need to focus on!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  7. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I hadnt heard this yet, how are they changing them?

Battle Smurf likes this.
  8. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

dest said they were going to go over all mob loot/skin tables and alter them where needed just and general and based on persistence tracking results

Fengor likes this.
  9. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

also said they were redoing enchanting recipes which would require a redo of the tables.

10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

NOT
    No I do not mean that, I mean the baradron on yssam, it drops up to 8 q5, q4 drops from 2 things, gor dar and raptors, I farmed raptors the other day, a 3 spawn, after close too 2 hours , I got maybe 30 claw. I have kilt baradron 3 times and gotten 20 q5 claw. q4 claw skinning chance seems to be a fair bit lower then q5 as it is with mino, have farmed them for an hour and gotten 15 horn, q3 is little easier but still time consuming
    You are attempting to speak for every player in darkfall when ya refer to some resources being easy to get, and that you and many others just fail to see over and over again, it takes a very dedicated person to be able to wear infernal a lot, or taking advantage of broken ai with mobs, if mobs are fixed and not so easy to exploit or farming a mob that has a massive pay out like Devils, then some of these guys that almost never farm and just by the gear they want will not have the same gold advantage, unless they buy gold and that cannot ever be stopped and when you try to stop it, all you actually do is hurt the rest of the population, making it harder for them to get gear.. You have some very good ideas and I support many of them, But ya have not thought this through as well as you think.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  11. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Yea thats about the 1 thing that doesnt really make sense to scramble. If the idea is to "scramble" it so BPG can set the loot properly themselves, then i understand it. If the reason is to give people a "fresh experience" for a couple weeks-1 month then i dont understand it. I dont know how much time would be put into the change considering it would only give a fresh experience to the vets (as all recipes would be unknown to all noobies anyway)

12. Aristos Giannes

Hero

Thats the only change that was needed then. With this new patch combined with that high level mats will be stupid easy to get.

13. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

if thats the case then they will see it in persistence and nerf/change it accordingly (maybe 5x to combine will turn out to be too little and they will up it to 7+ or something) thats why its beta

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

this is an assumption and I can tell you with confidence you are wrong. It will be expensive, and some mats will be easy to acquire a higher rank of, but most of the most sought after ones, assuming they are not changed will not be that easy, this was done in UW and it did not change anything really. It is ment to help out not replace farming q5 mats..

15. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I mean youre doing the exact same thing, making an assumption. Didnt enchanting never even make it into tbe game?

RootedOak likes this.
  16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

it did not, but you could do the same thing with mats, level them up, they were used in diff craft recipes, so I have exp with this system, just not using the mats for enchanting

17. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Not sure when we will them added but this texture update includes AOs, Normals baked into the texture (workaround for now as theres only so much detail to be gained this way) some textures really pop some need some fine tuning still.

AlexTheFiend likes this.
  18. Aristos Giannes

Hero

I mean UW was an incredibly different game in many aspects. Its not really fair to say 'in total confidence' that something that worked over there would work over here.

19. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

if you want me to take your comments serious, then buy a package, until then you are 'that guy' on the forums...

Korag and Dixie Normus like this.
  20. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

#buythepackage campaign

Circa likes this.