Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Launch of Early Access and Kick Off Patch Teaser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Wait are you saying you DON'T want old enchant recipes scrambled and new ones added?

Did you play at DF1 beta/ Launch? Because I did and finding out recipes first and controlling information/ mob spawns provided A LOT more depth to the game for quite a while.

Veterans paid for this Relaunch why DON'T we also deserve a "fresh" experience even if it's limited?

Sure people can share information publicly and it WON'T take THAT long for a recipe list to be compiled again but goddamn can we not have ANY easter eggs to discover?

If we're changing the mob loot/skin tables and making lower rank mats convertible into higher rank it wouldn't take much time to redo the recipes as well

I'm personally hoping a few tight lipped key members redo a bunch of the mob drops and recipes for launch and keep at least SOME of it to the test sever only.

Unfortunately even Aventurine gave heads up on recipes and upcoming patches to my alliance in DF1 though so I know you can't totally keep anything a secret when the Devs also play the game.

One of the best things was when Claus single handedly redid a bunch of the loot tables not long after launch and didn't tell no one shit.

Took us forever to figure out how to get everything to make a Sithra, ghost claw, q4/5 enchants ect

Hell most people couldn't even figure out where to get an astrolabe to make a pinnace for a couple months

Doing that kind of shit as well as building a city up is great content that's why I definitely think cities need to be designed with total destruction and rebuilding after a successful siege in mind

It was effective as shit living out of Chaos cities and grinding skills/gear while some other poor bastard german clan focused on building Alberworth up for us to siege once it had a gaurd tower up.

But at the same time that huge german guild totally QUIT after losing and I never really got to experience building and or maintaining a holding myself (I didn't really want to but still)

It's like now that most everyones finally got the meta 99% solved they don't want it changed....I don't know whether thats because they want to have an 'advantage' at Launch or if they're just scarred after Unholy Wars and don't want to risk it getting WORSE

But I've been at the cutting edge of the meta for a long time and it's gotten stale...I'm bored of it. I'm tired of knowing all the recipes, what everything drops, exactly what to cast and when, and how almost every fight will play out before it happens...

It's the same thing with online texas hold'em the games basically been solved the average skill ceiling is waaaaaay higher than in 2009 and there's very little room for edge or to make money in it due to tracking software, odds calculators, abundant videos/ literature, charts, Macros, and table bots. That's why many pro's moved to mixed games or only play Live

TLDR= I want more fresh experiences, challenges, and riddles for launch not to just pick it up exactly like I left off in September 2012. Information gathering and warfare can be GREAT content In sandbox games and I really hope BPG is trying to capitalize on it

P.S. Sorry in advance if I derailed with my rant

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    KingLlama and Finnad like this.
  2. s3rv0

s3rv0 New Member

Can we play early access yet?

3. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I really dont care what you do, dont take them serious, its not like I take you serious. If you want me to take you serious, stop acting like a moronic troll who never says anything of merit, but thinks people are concerned about him taking them seriously.

You can block me for all I care, id even prefer it, so you would stop derailing threads with your trolling and dementia.

4. Mo Fugga

Mo Fugga Dire Zombie
    Patron Legend

[​IMG]

5. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

You have good points, but generally, I think DF already showed why you can't have meaningful long-term grind that would matter a lot. All the depth and meaningful was concentrated in that, and it resulted in "last man standing", where whoever was at the lowest end of food chain would just start quiting. This is not a healthy environment for any game long-term. Prolonging death from 5months to 5 years isn't anything if it still has same flaws.

You are right, that for now it will be less meaning or content, but the game, once is fixed and friendly for new players to play, can have multiple elements of depth added to conquer systems, there can be features added on top to bring meaningful fights etc, but that is ALL for the vets. I'm sure the devs understand and will start doing changes like these later, but it has been said that NPE is first.

Most people imagine that NPE is only tweaking the initial quests, leveling speed etc. It's far from that. You need a healthy game for new players to play in an prosper. All the things you mention that are supposedly removed (racial wars, character progression) are only done so, because they do not do good for the long-term of the game and most elements that were based on them were shitty and very basic proof-of-concept implementations (alingment systems, racial wars etc.), a lot of which showed to be detrimental to the population.

Single aligment, gear requirement, UI changes, everything is so a game can be attractive for NEW PLAYERS. They will have months to re-explore the game same as we vets did. During those months (AFTER release), that's when we will get those features and depth, that will be targeted for some sort of end-game.

Treat this as devs working on the game, so there is a population for vets to play with. It doesn't matter what new end-game features they bring or how much time they will focus on it, if NPE is shit. Even then, we (vets) are already getting a lot of decent updates that we've waited and asked AV for long time.

My 2 cents.

6. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

yes smurf...you werent the only one around at EU launch. We all know what an enchant recipe scramble provides. They arent going to be changing what the monsters skin for as in the mat, they are going to change the amount. Even certain specific drops cant be changed. You going to take astrolabes off pirates? take khamsets off khamsets? A lot of drops are pertinent and make total sense from what they drop off. They cant just scramble it 'just cause'. Even mob spawns are specific to their region. I would rather them put time into things that will attract new players or give new content to everyone than to sit there thinking of ways to change ice mobs on an ice island, or jungle mobs on a jungle island or specific loot designed specifically for that mob.

RootedOak, Fengor and azealiabanks like this.
  7. azealiabanks

azealiabanks Goblin Warrior

switching around all the enchanting recipes would be bad for the game

RootedOak likes this.
  8. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

yes you can.

9. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Why?

10. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

The only reason people didn't know the enchants early is because only a few people knew that you put mob drop enchants into the ring to see the recipe. Most people thought you had to trial and error them lol. That period would only last a few days a second time around because everyone knows how to get those recipes now.

11. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

you're affected. I think you and I can agree your post are herpies.

12. Crumly

Crumly Earth Elemental
    Hero

again, i reiterate. your perspective is skewed too heavily to be able to fair or balanced. what you need is a new game. your the challenger from LOL who doesn't understand what the game is like as a bronze/silver/gold player.

13. nerdhaz

nerdhaz Goblin Scout
    Supporter

I think the part where orc is standing naked the graphics "update" looks worse than it now is

14. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Yep. Selentine chests will reveal everything, even if they scramble them again.

15. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

ELI5?

16. Dingbat

Dingbat Skeleton Archer
    Benefactor Hero

Sele chests drop low quality enchanted weapons so people can get the recipes from them.

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I am simply saying they did the exact same thing, and Unless this version dramatically lowers the cost and amount of mats needed to scale up then it will be nearly identical or even more expensive and based on the gold sinks they seem to be implementing I would say more expensive, regardless, doom saying because of this change before even seeing it does absolutely no good.
    --- Post updated ---
    did You really just say you feel entitled to have a wipe of enchanting recipes because You as a vet payed for this relaunch? so other vets did not pay as well and there opinion is less than yours, pretty much anything you say from this point will be considered invalid. You have just stated what you say matters and what others say does not, that you believe yourself to be a special kinda person with better and deeper insight, if you are bored, then you need a new game or maybe actually try playing this one. your boredom shall not determine the path of this game.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  18. His Man

His Man Goblin Warrior
    Legend

Any talk of increasing skill gains before launch for some extra fun?

DeadlyHit and Circa like this.
  19. Nachtmyn

Nachtmyn Goblin Warlord
    Hero

Love the upcoming UI. Keep it up!

20. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

So take the ability to reverse engineer mob dropped enchants away and make it trial and error

That's basically what IRL alchemists did

Is that NOT also a form of risk vs reward?

You risk the materials to potentially discover a recipe sooner