Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Lawful, Pvp, Full Loot

Discussion in 'Design Discussions' started by kilrain, Jun 12, 2019.

1. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Stormgraive
    Contributor

I don’t know if I agree that full loot is more of a core component than pvp itself. That is a hard one. However, the problem I see with what was proposed is people still don’t get a break from pvp where removing pvp from an area allows that break, but removes the main component of the game imo.

I do believe something needs to change and here’s an example of why
    Because most mmo players won’t try an unrestricted pvp game and full loot makes that worse. The ones that do want to try do it because it’s intriguing. Most of them leave because it’s exhausting.

It’s better for the game to allow an escape from the pvp or burden of losing all your stuff than not otherwise players will leave the game to escape it. That’s bad business.

The question becomes which is better; 1. Pvp free zones or perhaps pvp optional zones -or- 2. Loot drop rule changed.

Then need to decide how big the areas are going to be. While the more dangerous areas need to have the most value I also think people should be able to play a good portion of it from safety.

Andrew likes this.
  2. xzxDJxzx

xzxDJxzx Goblin Scout

If full loot disappeared, so would the player base.

People play DF ROA for the reason that it is one of the only amazing pvp full loot games left on the market.

Every other non full loot game are in huge competition, with graphics, gameplay, advertising etc.

Johhny Mad Dog, Methodico and Auron like this.
  3. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Remove the old darkfall gameplay and remove the full loot...the only 2 way for kill rise of agon...
    For protect new players make safe only the area around starter and capital...and more outpost whit bank and towers in the main continent....

4. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

Problems not even the full loot it’s the fact that straight up murdering and farming people non stop isnt punished. Like I said put race wars back in and ENFORCE PUNISHMENTS on same race murder. Your racial areas SHOULD feel mostly safe for newer players.

No new players can enjoy any aspect of the game whatsoever without the remaining player base who is thirsty as fuck constantly denying them from anything unless they become joiners and cow tow to their mighty
    Egos.

There’s a lot of content in the game for new players. New players will pve, explore, learn etc.

This player base just wants new players to get in power level their character in 8 hours and jump right into pointless pvp just for the sake of it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Zuul Ghat and Thrill Kill like this.
  5. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

Ok so that's like 200 people that like full loot. There is a reason no other company makes a full loot game. See they did something called marketing research that indicated only about 200 like full pvp.

6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

so all of those survival games where you can lose everything while you sleep with literally millions of people playing is bad business? Sure this game is not the same, you only lose it while you are actively engaging in the world outside of city towers. I would say your logic is flawed in that you fail to look at it from every aspect and instead to decide that only one truth exists when in fact many do.
    --- Post updated ---
    yes all those stupid survival games with full loot and millions of players WTF WERE THEY THINKING?

7. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

Not even close. So what you lost loot that was gained during a battle instance easy come easy go.

8. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Stormgraive
    Contributor

Are you really that dense? MMORPG != Survival Game. We don't wipe every week. We don't have 100 man server limits with different rule sets for each and privately ran servers where MILLIONS of people play without PVP at all.

Amazing comparison.

9. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

In those survival games you can literally craft a bow from nothing and headshot someone gg.

In dark fall for players who lose more than they win or haven’t played forever and arent filthy rich, it takes time to gear up. Especially if you want to be competitive with all your enchants and jewelry. And that’s even just buying of the auction house

I logged on an alt recently with only a couple gear sets and nothing else In the bank and doing anything was a pain in the ass.

MaxiHori likes this.
  10. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The survival game genre has similarities due to full loot and brutal world but as many have said it is very different. Those games always have an extremely low to near instant TTK, an extremely fast build up time and constant resets of all progress. The servers are busy during reset times and as the top dogs take over the other weaker groups usually leave and find other servers to play on that have recently reset.

Fights last much longer in RoA, have a lot more involved mechanics wise and gear is more time expensive to create. There's character and crafting advancement plus a lot of resource acquisition and permanence of progression.

The gameplay while carrying some similarities are so different that you can't directly compare them in a logical argument.

Neilk likes this.
  11. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

battle instance? you ever play rest or conan? not an instance, can literally spend weeks building a base and lose it all overnight.
    --- Post updated ---
    ever had someone disable you in a wof? 3 people wof/disable ray and it is over pretty quick.
    And sure I am not comparing them 100% as being the same but the point is people are not so scared to die and lose stuff in a game like some of these people are claiming.

Sero likes this.
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

In a survival game, no they’re not. In an mmo? There’s a rather big difference. Even people who play all genres have completely different expectations when playing an mmo.

13. Slayven

Slayven Eodrin
    Legend

Are we promoting basement dwellings or trying to get rid of it??

Just wondering..?
    Let’s ask what the expectation is here because why give a fuck about other games..
    You all need to specify what group ur looking to cater too...arenas or conquest..if you say both I hope you have the dev team and funding to back it. In all honesty I don’t think you guys have a clue..what you want..and are all over the fucking place.

Korag and Battle Smurf like this.
  14. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We do have a lot of discussions open because we like to keep conversations going with the community. An area that fits in the game atmosphere as an arena is planned but conquest is the bigger priority and is being worked on first.

This month we're taking a break from TCS systems that have been slowly coming along in the background to get a few key pieces pushed out. Bug fixes, new content and some qol are all part of it. After a few key pieces are put in we'll be back in getting the TCS prototype into testing.

15. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

You cant stream TCS, you can stream an Arena. I could be wrong, but I do not think TCS will bring back tons of population. Shit maybe an arena wouldn't either. But if you constantly give all size parties something to do daily, I feel you will achieve a really high population.

16. Zeb

Zeb Infernal
    Wealthy Hero

^^^^ Arena.. showcasing one of the most defining aspects of the game.. The lightning in this genies bottle so to say.. the combat.. not just the combat of a 1v1 but the 2v2 3v3 combat that has teamwork, tactics, strategy.. Its like Jedi Knight outcast and Quake had a love child and swirly butthole icon appeared.

The Red King likes this.
  17. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Maybe some sort of bounty system? A murderer/killer of a blue in a safezone gets shown on the map and who ever kills him gets monies?

18. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental

Yes true, infact the problem here Is not full loot but the tedious mechanics that this game have. UW did some right things, like semplify keys and bindings that i think Is the First thing that make people run from df (and remove enchanting). Why when the server start from beginning everyone have fun? Because the combat Is more simple and ttk longer, everyone can fight without 20 binded Keys plus macro. Now noob spend 1 day to bind keys and 1 year to Remember and understand It, meanwhile they die in a empty world of an old game = bye bye new players

Auron, Johhny Mad Dog and MaxiHori like this.
  19. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Sero and Void like this.
  20. Methodico

Methodico Air Elemental