Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Market System Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Fenchurch

Fenchurch Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Tester

That's not true. I have been playing since DFO, and this game works BEST with a diverse pop of wolfs AND sheep.

The folks who think this game is ONLY pvp only know about 25% of this game. It is a lot of things to a lot of people, and trying to make people enjoy the game in the same way makes it smaller, and makes the pop smaller, and kills it. Bigger, more diverse, broad spectrum is better.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Korag, Korak, Johhny Mad Dog and 5 others like this.
  2. Balsm

Balsm Goblin Warlord

Well said, hope they dont plan to throw crafters under the bus and focus too much on pvp

3. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

The contrary actually, artisan skills are coming soon, they will be coming in over the next few patches is the plan. The goal is to make artisan made gear the gold standard for marketable items. Players will be limited to choosing 1 or 2 artisan crafting skilld and ore artisan gathering skill choice is planned as well. New materials, recipes and bonus stats/abilities on gear are planned for the artisan skills. It will be expensive and difficult to level, only dedicated crafters will want to attempt it ;).

4. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Patron Legend

Too true man. They're not really gaming on the PC these days. In DF1 when all of the old guard were playing was definitely our golden era.

5. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Screen shake on ball lightning too I I believe

6. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Man I miss turtle and wheres my boy reborn at!

7. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

I was being sarcastic. Unfortunately all (or almost all) the changes so far were about PvP, or at least about combat.

8. Fenchurch

Fenchurch Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Tester

Oh, that's exciting, and it makes me feel a lot better. I am ALSO really happy they slowed down the craft gains a bit. It was just too easy.

Kantor likes this.
  9. soulpcbr

soulpcbr Infernal

One more suggestion.
    Save the ordering. Sometimes we want to buy several of the same item by ordering them by price. As it stands currently we need to order again after every purchase.
    This is not urgent.
    [​IMG]

10. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

So didnt' you change mount health on PTS to 400 and blue tails to 250? Did that not carry over? You went from players being able to 3 mounts to 1 but changed nothing on the health?

Depeacemaker likes this.
  11. Juicy

Juicy Black Knight
    Hero

Don't take the screen shake off it imo, makes it unique, everyone already has a million fire prot and its a r100 spell, maybe dull down the screen shake a little but completely removing the screen shake aspect would make this spell useless, just change the cooldown to a standard aoe and see how it goes. Stop making dumb huge changes and do little ones and see how the meta changes

12. Depeacemaker

Depeacemaker New Member

Like patch but def. should have rationalized more on blind cooldown changes. Sometimes ppl can test prior to implementation. Get some talk going on it before implementation. Feel the number could have been less and on principle best to test on less of a change than more. Think ppl would have asked for less and maybe mention other blind spell like confusion. I personally dont like how Volcano kinds of screen shakes can break rezzes/ganks at certain points, could leave in screen shake, remove the cursor being move to prevent an interruption when the cursor isn't actually being moved, IMO.

Could have made meaningful tweaks to placed housing nodes making silver birch worth hitting and other gardens. You can 10 time gains on birches for all I care, do something. Atleast make the harvesting time right now on birches add up to what u would have gotten if u were hitting lawless trees on Yssam the entire time you were hitting the birch.

Market billboards in holdings I feel can be reasonably argued for since there is lack of reasoning to be out of capitals, and think housing billboards can fit it that reasoning aswell, even if u don't want ppl to buy from their homes. Suggested before that vendors be factored into market, at least a kind of toggle from the vendor that allows items to be shippable from your house to capital. Would atleast want to be a listing of vendor from the region I am in, Ex. all villages in humans. May have suggested that before.

Just being able to see market from house is a nice little perk and think some easy changes could be made so villages birches and gardens are better to tap. Think ppl would like to see the bookshelf changes involving runebooks soon. Really want first AOI/Territory phases to be somewhat soon.

About Market
    figure all item listing in market and category listing of items when u click the category, or when u say type in q2, it generates all quality 2 skins, would be a few changes that would make market feel more complete. Suggested this to a GM in game on patch day or taht night when i checked out patch. Also a history of purchase on sought after items to give an idea of times and dates items were valued and traded.

@Andrew In relation to artisan crafting, will ppl have the current listing of items they can craft now without a skill into a craft? So for example, i dont have to be armor artisan to make like infernal? or r60 weapons for example? Will the skills extend crafting list when you pick an artisan only or for the most part, not take craftable items away from the current list what ppl can eventually craft right now if they just spent the time and money?

Also would like to see a kind of sharing of a port with another or a few others, which i suggested once before along with letting ppl have multiple house binds to give recalls more use when u wanna port somewhere with ppl. Thinking of this in relation to rune books, could allow a set number to be able to port with u say 2-3 with ur bind/house recall or basic rune book, Max rune book allows full party ports to locations.

Would maybe prefer that mount weight to be cut in half than 400 and a mount slot. Maybe 200 for reg horse and a mount slot on paper doll. Think if I needed to look into something more to be sure, would need to calculate the amount of regs and mounts a person would be able to manage.

#52 Depeacemaker, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    NonFactor likes this.
  13. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

I take it you really love your silverbirch.

14. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

Would be nice to be able to check the market online.

soulpcbr likes this.
  15. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin

This is the kind of thing we'd like to add to external apps either mobile or web based eventually. It is a long term goal though there's a heck of a lot in front of it :)

Depeacemaker and negocromn like this.
  16. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

being able to check the market being far from it would be nice too

17. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Messages through the delivery tab or another new tab when you sell something would be cool too.

You must change the market to be sorted by rank on weapons / shields / armor etc.

Plus the items under each tab need to show on the right when you select the tab on the left. It’s a must and will make this market amazing.

Atticus Killbane likes this.
  18. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

To echo all of the comments made so far; Better sorting would go a long way. Lots of items are "hidden", making impulse buys less likely.

It's also really hard to buy obscure items. Like minor potions, for instance...

The Red King likes this.
  19. Kilrath

Kilrath Goblin Shaman
    Developer

The filter system was written completely from scratch. The tree used is also written completely from scratch. There is room for improvement for sure. There are a few limitations based on how the game handles its resource lists. The system we currently are using was the easiest, fastest and most usable that could be made to make the deadline. I personally agree that categories should work, i created the filters to work with categories, we disabled it due to not wanting to overload the servers with query requests. As for rank sorting and filtering, those are good points that will get worked on over the course of the next few patches.

Andrew, Fengor and The Red King like this.
  20. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin

Killing it buddy, your interface has been well received :).

I was very impressed with tj and kilrath's ambition for the initial market implementation. The result far exceeded the initial goals for market 1.0. I hope everyone is enjoying them :)

The Red King and Kilrath like this.