Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Open letter to the community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Squanto, quietnoobz, Darktide and 4 others like this.
  2. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

3. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

Still not sure if gold dupe was removed or swept under the rug... :flushed:

Slayven likes this.
  4. Squanto

Squanto Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

@Andrew
    Combat is still in a horrible state, in my opinion this is the worst it has ever been after the most recent destro/magekiller changes. You made Infernal and Dragon worthless for heavies, and fullplate (the easiest to acquire and cheapest/shittiest armor) the most broken and overpowered setup. Roach-warrior-fall is upon us. Not to mention all of the armor protection changes, spell changes, and other things that ruined mage v mage fights.

Also, not sure why you are saying this is the end of combat changes. We told you guys from the start, once you touch combat its going to be an endless balancing issue. Everyone agrees it was better before, why are you guys still being stubborn? Everyone makes mistakes... you guys just keep trying to push forward with this new shit system instead of going back to what worked. You mentioned that you considered a full revert but obviously there are some good things that came with the changes (very few).

Here is what you need to do to re-gain the trust of the players. You need to fully revert combat to before any of the changes were made and poll the changes one by one. Require a 65% vote on each one for them to pass, if they pass then you re-add those changes. To be able to vote you need to have an active subscription and check hwid's and IP addresses for dupicate votes. Make a voting section on the website and tie it to your account, shouldn't be too hard for Neilk to do. While you are doing these polls and the small copy-paste xml changes (you already have certain changes on git (hopefully) so if something gets voted in it should be very easy to re-add) you work on TC and real content.

Look at your active playerbase numbers, this is the lowest it has ever been. Please wake up and listen to us before you kill your game. We know what we are talking about.

Oh, and before you say "We can't just listen to one person"... there are hundreds of us that have been saying the same shit since day 1 of the combat changes.

Oh and before you say "We can't just listen to a few hundred people"... everyone else quit and they aren't coming back. If your current playerbase all quits, what is your plan? Are you just gonna have a sudden influx of random new players or returning ones when there is zero people playing?

#4 Squanto, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  5. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Now that this combat correction is behind us we can shift our full focus to more important matters: Adding content and new features

if only u never touched combat and only focus on content/feature first. lol

so much dev time wasted

now let's just hope that the TC 1.0 will be good. If TC fails...

Oresmacker likes this.
  6. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

If the community votes on further combat changes we can add them to the community patches roster to change or add a few things. Simply that the major tweaks/reverts are done and unless the community votes on it we won't be fiddling with it for now. We will add in new armours, skills and specs in the future but for now we're leaving combat as is unless the community upvotes certain changes. In the next Q&A livestream we'll open up the floor for combat suggestions and anything from the community, hoping to do one next weekend.
    --- Post updated ---
    We'll make TC 1.0 the feature focus in the next Q&A Livestream. Platinum and Mines on their own were not complete, there needs to be a full system involved with reasons to earn, spend and fight over platinum and territory.

/wave

Squanto likes this.
  7. Squanto

Squanto Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Ok, hopefully this next Q&A isn't a waste of time like the last one. Hope for the games sake u guys are willing to budge. Last time we tried talking about a revert some people got very upset, if it is something you would consider.. we need a poll for it.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe my poll really was garbage, who knows. (Really though, how else would you word this? Option 1 is a revert + poll changes, option 2 is leave it as is and go from there)

Scrubby Bear and WithoutShame like this.
  8. JasperHawkins

Legend

[​IMG]

Honestly are we going to listen to Samquanch, seems mad for reasons closer that loses fights rather than he doesn't like the meta

9. Darktide

Darktide Stormgraive

One of the main reasons i left the game was not because of the changes but disrespect from the staff.
    I was told i was stupid and i didn't know what the hell i was talking about, having my posts constantly deleted. Even after i went out of my way to address and provide solutions to multiple game breaking bugs in the past.

I basically wrote a post outlining all of the things you're now agreeing was a mistake (a large portion of the community has as well) and had posts consecutively deleted without merit.

I'm glad you're now trying to revert and have learned to maybe listen to your playerbase more. I also deeply believe that 1-2 members of staff have been exceptionally volatile towards anyone that disagree's with them. Hopefully moving forward they can recognize that and correct it.

Overall the staff are great people and have went out of their way to help me, and have been receptive to constructive feedback.

I'm not posting this to flame or upset anyone I'm simply stating why i personally left. Since then i have returned part time and continue to still bring in new people to the game.

10. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

It's tough to admit when you were wrong and so I respect that you can hold up your hand and say 'My bad'. We understand you're an indie company with limited manpower and so when we shared our vocal opinions on the combat changes it came from a good place. We want you to be as efficient as possible with your time and combat to the existing players wasn't a priority. Renewable content such as the fabled 'Territory Control' is what we have wanted for more than a year now. Satisfy the existing player-base with an endgame and everything else needed will follow. The future is looking brighter now.

Can't comment on the current state of combat so I'll have to check it out first. Though if it is still a mess after the soft reverts then this open letter rings hollow. A full revert with post-patching of the 'good' stuff should still be on the cards.

11. Auron

Auron Earth Elemental
    Hero

Andrew at this point i think it's realy better revert the combat change .....( all the old players come back ) after that you can add new specializations and fix the old whit the help of the players base ( for example indestructible spec need some adjustament for me )

The old combat gameplay was balanced ...some of you're changes are good ....( bunny hop ) others are to much "heavy" like light battlespike why removed it ? better add 10 seconds cd for mage whit 0 enq and only 5 seconds cd for heavy whit 75 enqumbrance or make light b.spike only for heavy whit 5/10 seconds cd...

i suggest you to Revert combat ....fix some bug whit the help of the players base...stop remove...start to add new spec - arrow- armour ecc but whitout destroy the gameplay balance...

Kantor likes this.
  12. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Celestial
    Hero

Just revert it back. Darkfall has 1 thing going for it and it was combat. This half reverted half modified combat is so bad.

13. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

It's 95% reverted at this point, you haven't even logged on to test it out...

You were praising it on discord yesterday.

14. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Why in your mind was the last Q&A a waste of time? I spent 4 hours interacting with you guys with the goal of compiling a list of community requested topics for our Community Patches which we accomplished together. Those topics are what were included in the recent polls you guys voted on and what will be getting included in the first few community patches.

15. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

To the people saying Combat is still an issue are prob just not playing. Yes, I'd prefer they just revert but the combat is currently in a good state. The only thing I'd suggest is slightly reducing heavies elemental prot, but other than that it's basically the same.

16. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Celestial
    Hero

All I was praising was that you guys "patched" or fixed what you should of never touched after months of the community complaining.

Scrubby Bear and Featherbeans like this.
  17. Auron

Auron Earth Elemental
    Hero

Bpg revert + 90% of the combat change the last QeA it's a big succes for me....the old darkfall gameplay + some fix and new stuff it's the next step guys

viniciusdel likes this.
  18. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Thank you for the feedback Myater, we appreciate you coming back to test things out.

After this weekend's announcement you also will have a good idea of what is coming in the future and I hope it will make you all as excited as we are.

19. Mega

Mega Ghost
    Legend

Have you buffed Shields, so one hander is viable? Would be nice to see some variety in 2h and 1h users running around. Not just plain all boring 2h everywhere. I praise the dagger users!!!

Rimamok likes this.
  20. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

look dude 1 hander is never gonna be a main melee weapon get over it.

On the revert/patch good work got me to resub just out of Andrew being honest. I can give it another go I still hope ROA succeeds.

The Red King, Andrew and Mo Fugga like this.