Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Open letter to the community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

if i have 2 full time devs that work on it for a couple months its 10's of thousands in salary.

2. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

You guys don't get it.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Featherbeans and Scrubby Bear like this.
  3. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

If it's multiple 10's of thousands, you guys are paying them a shitload! :p.

4. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

Attached Files:

5. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy

Do the new protects make up for not having mage hunter? i think mage hunter was 3 protect to elemental? Making up for that bonus with heavy armor makes me think what happens to the people who use light armor and use bow? They dont get those extra protects now?
    Destro needed mage hunter or mana.shield ( jump shot should always be active ) that was part of the balance. When you put those bonus on armor you're limiting us.
    I could be wrong. Why im asking.
    @Andrew

#45 JEDIMind, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  6. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Spellgazer

Combat seems fine. The only thing I would have rather had was stone/Arrow/spell haste being passive added to the character instead of enchanting rings….because enchanting is tedious.

Other then that im happy with the changes. The aligement system def needs a overhaul too though

#46 Johhny Mad Dog, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Methodico likes this.
  7. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Black Knight
    Legend

8. Quin Tessence

Quin Tessence Black Knight
    Legend

You said that TCL or what ever big patch was "2 weeks" away about 13 min into the Q&A and going back watching the recording you don't even bother reading the questions your answering so unless someone brings up the chat logs and matches up the time they can only somewhat guess as to what your talking about.

I can only ask that in the future you limit yourself to 1 hour, plan to answer the most common questions before they are asked, and read persons name and question before giving an answer.

That 4+ hour Q&A is kind of a train wreck since 90% of the time your just waiting for chat to finish having an argument or what ever they where doing in the Super Secret Elite Discord.

9. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

that is because they have been weaker of the 2 since forever. You can easily name 10 or 20 mages that were the "best" over the years but it isnt so easy to name 10 or 20 destros as the "best" and for good reason. People try to say it is just left click hero type of thing, but it is a lot more than that and playing without utility is a big disadvantage. Much harder to win with a bow and weapon than it is to win with spells, bow, weapon.

Destro can have a strong effect if he knows how to play but can easily be countered by even 1 player that knows how to fight a destro.
    --- Post updated ---
    just saying
    2 is multiple and def not a shit load, is barely minimum wage
    --- Post updated ---
    The alignment system being pieced out like it was, well it was a super bad idea and left incomplete/broken for this long is just bad management/poorly thought out

10. ArrowExpert

ArrowExpert Celestial
    Hero

I have been saying this for months now. Every time the community suggest something it has actually been an argument over it. It’s not a hey guys we appreciate your feed back and we will do what we can. The response is well 20 people saying it doesn’t make it right to do. The recent activity in devs this week has given me hope. The helpful responses and the events that were last night was very good from a community aspect. A couple good major patches with content will be great for this game and I will play them for sure.

11. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Here's the problem. You got ppl saying that black-bolts are back, but i honestly don't see myself winning fights with them. It's always better to have cobra's. I'm sure the 5 speed difference is significant enough to forget about the existence of BB's if you wish to win fair-fights.
    I don't do VCP's or even duels unless i got a cobra because of that.

BB's and cobra's difference used to be magnitude only. Let's go back to that first. Nobody uses boomsticks now. Make them because a better version of the black-bolt.

Yes, enchanting is tedious as fuck and the removal of self-buffs has only forced us to enchant a lot more . It's part of the reason we got less ppl login-on. Nobody likes enchanting and the dev don't wanna work on it. I barely ever used gems to enchant my stuff. Beside, golems don't drop as much gems as they used to so i never have enough gems to use-up my enchanting mats as they come.

Methodico likes this.
  12. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

It was always better to have a cobra. Saying that is pointless. Its a 2dmg loss and slightly reduced cast speed using a blackbolt. You can beat people you should beat still and its really cheap. I agree with enchanting becoming more tedious because of the removal of self buffs but there's not much you can really do about that.

Featherbeans and Sero like this.
  13. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

@Scrapnotcrap boomstick should be 0.65 cast speed not 0.60 .

14. Blaze

Blaze Air Elemental

Idk I like blackbolts still, more rewarding to kill someone with a blackbolt and take there cobra :p, Don't have to win all the time, just think how expensive is your bag your losing compared to theirs. Always more rewarding to kill people when you have worst gear, but to everyone their own.

Sero and Mea Kulpa like this.
  15. aparks

aparks Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I miss in df1 me and Kuaz maybe die In a surprise raid at aradoth when we lived out of there during scare bear days. But anyways die there and house recall to valleybof the Kings naked grab regs only because of time and go kill people with our dawn staff and knockuo fire magic. That and scroaching in mob drop gear and a bb was always the best feelings in pvp. Other than when you win a outnumbered fight

16. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Ghost
    Hero

I was harsh and arrogant. But hey, i'm human irl and mahirim in game, i make 10s of thousands of mistakes :D

Guys, take your time, Test shit out on the test server and implement it if it's the case.

It's not that there are 10s of thousands of fully released exciting games for us to play.

The game is still unique, and as long as it's not only a game but also a platform for the players to make content - shit will roll out decently if you don't rush things.

Hugs

Andrew likes this.
  17. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Stormgraive
    Wealthy Legend

This!!!!

18. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

My only real skill

19. Korag

Korag Forest Golem
    Hero

The alignement system being pieced out like it was, well it was a super bad idea and left incomp
    Actually one super good thing that can be done about enchanting to make it much more user friendly.
    Make it so you can stack enchant.
    If ya have 10 gems and the mats to enchant them then allow all 10 to be done at once.
    Same with weapons or armor, if it is in your back pack let it register as such then enchant 10 or 20 at a time, can set a limit if needed for simplicity or can make it so it does whatever is inside a bag weather it is 10 or 100. Makes enchanting super simple and almost easy other than having to farm the mats, but farming isnt so tedious when you dont have to fight enchanting after.
    Or you can just make enchant window much simpler and have it so you can just click the enchant wanted and if you have the mats it will enchant so no more dragging.
    I am sure more ideas to make it simple can be found if these are not good enough or easy enough to do.

Myater likes this.
  20. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Cairn Giant
    Legend

Why's that?

One hand+ shield works great on New Dawn as a main weapon and it's much more fun and has a much higher skill ceiling than 2 hand

There's no reason it cannot be made viable in RoA

Mega and Korag like this.