Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - February 15th, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Degamra

Degamra Earth Elemental
    Hero

This game is ancient with a graveyard population. Needs to just be full blown Free to Play and make your money off cosmetics.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Spellgazer
    Legend

The game needs upkeep on holdings to allow small guilds a place to thrive without having to ally half the server. Why this hasn't been done yet is a mystery.

3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

New mobs:

Mid Map
    - Ancient
    - Behemoth
    - Oak(?) Sage

Cairn
    - Wraith
    - Titan

Niflheim
    - Jotuun
    - Yeti

Yssam
    - Deathstalker Raptor
    - Treant
    - Wildtribe Witch Doctor

Rubyiat
    - Scorpion King

Think I'm missing 1 or 2...

4. The Red King

The Red King Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Have to agree with this, I just don’t think they are close to being able to accomplish this. Depends how long it takes then to put I a skin. Also they need to have glows in so they can change the weapon skin looks and everyone will still know what rank they are going against.

Isaac Clarke and Sero like this.
  5. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Oooooooo. I like this idea.

@Neilk @Andrew @SuB ZeRo

Is it possible to make a faint glow around the weapon as an indicator? Nothing that completely dominates the skin but enough to know what your enemy is using.

6. johntrikone

johntrikone Undead Dwarf
    Legend

so I get that free premium now for my tattoo right? :neutral:

[​IMG]

Sero likes this.
  7. Thrill Kill

Thrill Kill Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Pretty much this

8. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

Really disappointing patch.

Gonna start off by saying that this post isn't meant to be toxic..

No idea why you would release the resources before the armor patch and the expansion. Its a really really dumb idea and further kills the game world before it has a chance to re-fill. Now everyone who cares about it is gonna stock up and free-farm it when the population is low and instantly craft it the second it comes out rather than having a rush of players return to all contest/farm the new spawns. Huge turn off for anyone who is looking into returning to the game when the expansion hits because 'poop-socking neckbeards' have been farming mats for months and are going to be smashing everyone with their 'New OP gear'. The game world will be even more dead come the expansion... whenever that is.

Second, why would you make it even more tedious to craft this new stuff? Its fine to have new materials, but the way you went about it seems really stupid. Are you seriously going to make 5 new gear sets for mages and 5 new ones archers? Or are you still planning on going the lazy route 'for now' and just giving us re-hued bone armor and leather sets. Also whats going to happen to the staves and bows? Are you randomly going to change them to require these new resources also?
    (I personally would have just made all of the leathers and new cloth's drop off of the 'NEW' high tiered monsters, similar to the rare ore golems but already refined. If you were set on the refining tedium, then I would suggest you change Smelting into 'Refining' and have all recipes attached to that skill in the seperate crafting station tabs and each crafting station would allow you do refine each type of material (Leather/Cloth = Workbench, Ores = Smeltery)

I still don't understand all of the re-naming of mobs. Why do you guys keep releasing unfinished things? At least put in the effort to drag the texture into photoshop and re-color it and apply that new texture to whatever the 'new mob' is if you still can't do new models/animations. If its the same problem that you are having with armor re-skins (Changing XML path to different texture not updating because the texture path is baked into the original mesh file) then its understandable.. but from what I have seen using the emulator that isn't the case with mob re-skins.

Also I agree with what people above are saying about freemium. That model is dead and won't work in this game. Your only hope for income are subscription based incentives for players who want to support you while maintaining a free to play model with a giant cash shop of cosmetic items or non-pay-to-win items.

Might add more to this later, just stuff that I thought of reading the patch notes that tilted me. We all want this game to succeed, but some things you guys do makes absolutely no sense to people who play your game.

Mimitis TheOne, Kantor, Nat and 8 others like this.
  9. Bonii

Bonii Air Elemental
    Tester

Adding "freemium" before the expansion - very smart.

adding pointless shit - WHERE IS THE COMBAT REVERT?

10. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Affluent Legend

UW we in here.

11. Degamra

Degamra Earth Elemental
    Hero

It's just mentally questionable to think people are going to pay monthly to play a game made 15 years ago when you've got the hottest game in the world coming out completely free (apex). Online gaming is not what it used to be 15 years ago that justified subscriptions, it's just not some privilege you have to pay for anymore, it's a vast and normal experience in the current landscape, and honestly not trying to be a dick but this company BPG is hardly official, just some collection of darkfallers trying to desperately keep the game alive (which is cool and were thankful to have) but not exactly a team that warrants monthly cashflow for such lackluster results. Everything else here is weak asf, and I agree with Squantos sentiments.

Bonii, Squanto and DeadlyHit like this.
  12. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

The freemium model is fine.

This is pretty accurate though.

Missed opportunity with the mobs for sure.

I have a feeling (And I have no idea if it's a good one) that they are INDEED making 5 new archery/mage sets. It's a scary fucking time boiz. We getting UW/DND up in here : /

I think this was put out because they wanted to give us something while they continue to work. Woulda rather seen a super patch involved with this + everything else, and just given us a combat revert to shut us the hell up :p

Mimitis TheOne and DeadlyHit like this.
  13. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

Terrible. Underwhelming. No combat revert. More tedium. Given your track record on balance I cant wait to see how much the new gear fucks combat up when that comes out.

1/10 patch.
    Wont even bother downloading it would just rob me of apex legends time.

14. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

I’m excited to learn how the territory control system works so I can place these changes in a meaningful context. Right now it’s a lot of change (which always pisses off people accustomed to a certain situation) without any context.

Also I still disagree with the clan limitations on freemium. Neither makes sense, let the freebies make clans and be high ranked.

And GG combat revert RIP, we going back to may 2018 balancing discussions with these new armors. At least it’s new stuff.

15. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

Yeah it's more like an extended trial account. There are other freemium games that I play that restrict clan creation and even creating parties, so most gamers should be used to it. It's not as bad as it could have been, BPG ignored the more restrictive things that the community suggested. They wanted to make it so freemium player couldn't use boats, man canons, use siege equipment to name a few.

16. nightblighter

nightblighter Akathar
    Patron

I wonder if they still intend to have the gear bag mechanics be a sub incentive? Whenever it gets implemented in 2026

17. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

• Equipment tier capped at Tier 3 for loot roll
    I feel like this one needs to go, it directly affects pvp combat as a person is risking just as much as anyone else when going to a village he should receive the same amount of loot.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean they do have the one reason $$$ it is an important one even if you do not agree.
    It does after all keep the doors open
    --- Post updated ---
    has been news, they have responded to people asking in other threads. They have not made an official post but that doesnt mean it has not yet been brought up or talked about. It is these type of fake news and lies that really make this community toxic. People are used to shit talk and many even enjoy watching it happen, but toxic shit like this comment you made is what turns people away. Half truths or ignorance.

18. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Celestial
    Contributor Hero

What happens to my bank extension while i am not subbed? Will i have the combat revert inside if i sub?

quietnoobz likes this.
  19. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

Freemium model seems okay to me, beats the old sub model for sure but like others have said it has it's flaws. I think there is also something to be said about the fact that the game has been f2p for months now which lots of players have become accustomed to, which might hurt incentive to pay.

Also like others have said, I dont see the point of adding incomplete things to the game, just save it for the Xpac.

Appreciate the effort but its pretty evident that the only patch that will satisfy the current player-base is a combat revert.

Featherbeans likes this.
  20. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

has been news, they have responded to people asking in other threads. They have not made an official post but that doesnt mean it has not yet been brought up or talked about. It is these type of fake news and lies that really hurt
    so everyone is going to quit paying that whopping 10$ or 1 hourish of farming to go play a fucking arena? lol ok
    bye, see ya.

Oh and I really do wish you the very best..
    Psss how old is wow now? wait WOW is going to make people pay for a premium service?