Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - February 15th, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Remove rawhide and cotton. Add it back when you actually release the recipes for it.

I was hoping this patch would drag me away from apex. Too bad.

2. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I don't think this freemium patch is going to revive the game mainly for unrelated and unaddressed reasons, but hating on rare cloth and leather and new higher tier mage armor being added to the game just because Unholy Wars also had it is some "Orange Man BAD!" level retard logic.

As to the patch notes I already explained in painstaking detail what needs to be done to make this game great again and why half measures won't work. So I'm not going to bother repeating myself.

Good luck BPG

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Korag, Bonii and angrybear like this.
  3. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Bonii and Isaac Clarke like this.
  4. angrybear

angrybear Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Supporter

Cannot cut wood on person anymore. Cannot cut mahogany wood on person anymore. Must use crafting station

Bonii likes this.
  5. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Spellgazer
    Legend

welp, logged in and checked a few of the new mobs and re-read the patch notes and its all pretty "meh".... this will do nothing for activity.

Featherbeans, Fengor and Bonii like this.
  6. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

No no you don't get it, people love running around and killing mobs with different text for their name to find out what they drop. It is super exciting.

7. angrybear

angrybear Goblin Warrior
    Loyal Supporter

I applaud the effort and new content, but not a fan. First off, shit is broken. For example, the market is currently limited to 5 sell orders for non-premium accounts. It doesn't even match patch notes.

Secondly, you're fucking over people who have already given you money. The freemium model is based upon players continuously spending money, the money going to developers to constantly improve the game. However, "the freemium model offers users the core product - the game - for free and then optionally charges them for premium content such as in-game currency, extra content, or customizations." - Sean Plott, former pro Starcraft player (article below).

For example, the blessed tools.

You guys NAILED IT with the introduction of blessed tools and nithroin coins. The tools are a quality of life change, that did not handicap any group of players or make one group too advantaged. It gelled PERFECTLY with the implementation of rare ore nodes spread randomly throughout the map. You did not want to leave a city and ride around without a pickaxe. All you had to do was find a node and not have a pickaxe once, and be like "F$(*9! I need one". I have a total of SIX (6) blessed pickaxes, (5) blessed hatchets, and 1 of everything else. I bought one full set of tools w/ my supporter pack coins. Some guy in our alliance was selling these items for in game gold, so I bought FIVE (5) blessed pickaxes, and FOUR (4) blessed wood axes for my alts and my buddy from one of our loaded alliance members. If purchased separately, this is 1445 nithron coins. That means my in game friend and I contributed to you guys a total of ~$150 just for just my items. BRILLIANT EXECUTION OF FREEMIUM. Tools of infinite durability that do not drop on death. Sign me up.

Now, I wasted most of that money because of my alts. The tools and gathering in general is pointless at .5 the rates. Before anyone complains about alt farming armies, it's irrelevant. They made that not feasible with the changes to nodes, gathering time, and resources per node. Gathering is an active activity now, and noone goes around agon gathering anymore anyways. Before it took minutes to empty nodes and chinese farmers could have windows of alts open alt+tabbing every so often. You can barely gather on 2 accounts now, before you have to move to a different node. I was happy to simply have the tools on the my alts to hit the nodes in my village. Probably not worth the return on investment, but I didn't care.

Instead of making it so only premium accounts can do things or have things, you need to make it so people with premium accounts get to do special things. It can't be essential duties. Instead of having Premium be only ones to own houses. Instead, add a ton of new shit to the houses that can only be purchased with real life $'s. Take most of the housing cosmetic items out of the drop tables or make them extremely rare. Pimp out the store and add new stuff! Put a useless handful of mask skins in nithron coin store that have 0 stats, and are purely aesthetic that can't drop on death. It's not a skin for a helm, it's a unique item like the blessed tools. If it looks funny or cool, people will buy that shit. If someone isn't CONSTANTLY subscribed to your game, they will automatically lose their house.

Have you guys literally looked at any other freemium games that are wildly successful? I feel trolled.

See apex legends. See League of Legends. See Candy Crush Saga. See Clash of Clans. I have a client whose kid spent THOUSANDS of dollars on clash of clans. The kid's friend spent close to $15,000!! Please read this: https://www.businessinsider.com/sea...-model-for-both-players-and-developers-2015-3

8. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

putting restrictions on free accounts does not hinder a newbs progress. Giving the game away does not make it any easier so your right.
    Neither has anything at all to do with newbs period.
    Free or not free does not change the life of a newb
    --- Post updated ---
    ya well then tell me what game that is worth a damn is free? You seemed to have left that part out.

9. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Legend Contributor

Ah let me know when tc patch is out. WTB combat revert and 15 FEB 19 patch revert.

Will be playing wurm and lif till we get the reverts.

quietnoobz likes this.
  10. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Cool PvE patch but no combat stuff??

And no quest updates? These things are like easy to change.

The Red King likes this.
  11. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

You are comparing apples to oranges, comparing AAA companies with huge art teams to BPG with no full time art members on the staff. You're also comparing hop in and play games to an MMO. Our freemium offering is very generous compared to other MMO's with no combat restrictions whatsoever.

streaml1ne, Sero and Billy Lee like this.
  12. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Loyal Legend

I think you get to keep your house if you already have one.

angrybear likes this.
  13. koruun

koruun Gravelord

Copy/pasting my input from the Premium suggestion thread weeks back, since I feel it still stands:

I feel like most of the suggestions so far in this thread are a bit too restrictive in nature. Incentives to go premium shouldn't involve limiting gameplay or its main features (Housing as an example). I'd prefer a premium that benefits its subscribers through more cosmetic and indirect means. There are a multitude of customizableaspects of the game that can be utilized, such as non-masking armour and weapon skins, mounts, house aesthetics and amenities; and even smaller things like sail emblems for ships, or shield crests. Limiting stats, profession potential, housing, or otherfeatures seems too excessive in my opinion.​

14. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Was trade routes upgraded? Dont know if i missed that.

Didnt read much of the comments but I feel like I need to say this. This PVE is FAIL!!!
    people dont want fucking new mobs..with the same loot changed around...like wtf??

We want quests. We want dailies. Want ways to level without pots.

How hard could it be to just upgrade quest loot tables? Have them drop Q5 mats for killing more of the mob quest. This is really blowing my mind that you guys cant come up with ways to keep people in the game. This is coming from someone that wants to log in and play everyday but have nothing to do. Cant roam...takes 2+ hours to maybe find someone one day a week. Dont need gold, dont need shards, dont want to portal into a villages and get zerg. I want the MMO feel...the feeling people are all around the world doing random stuff...not sitting in cities building up zergs to hit villages.

I gave you guys probably the best example to make the world happening again...you NEED to allow 120 stats to be gained by farming or grinding. So simple...people from all tier levels will be out farming all sorts of mobs all around the map...instead you make a few hot spots that die out in 2 weeks.

#74 JEDIMind, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    Thrill Kill, The Red King and Sameog like this.
  15. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

Kinda lost incentive to log in and play tbh. Mob flopping and extra cost to play means they're literally attempting to do as little as possible to make money. Guess other games will do until some real progress is made here rather than a big premium hand held out and minor new loot to farm

16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

what people you talking too? the same 15 to 20 people that complain about every single thing they do?
    I have talked to several people about it who love this change/addition. I have not had a chance to play with it at all but I think it looks good
    People have literally been asking for new pve for 2 years and then you come on here claiming we haven't been? What game are you even playing?

Patch is good Thanks @Neilk and BPG team
    --- Post updated ---
    bye
    while the game needs players we do not need 24/7 constant nagging women like yourself and others.
    Just constant crying and hate from you and so many and on top of that you think your deserving of it to be 100% FREE

You wont be missed

17. RoD

RoD Undead Dwarf
    Wealthy Legend

we just need the other half patch with the new armors that require these new materials

Korag likes this.
  18. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

What game are you playing? Mobs still yield same loot and you still use the same methods killing them...how is that new? Slap some new names and move them around does not equal new pve...
    Dailies bad idea?
    Update quest rewards bad idea?
    Team and group farming?

Youre doing the same thing you have been doing for 10 years just now at a different location..

Fengor and BeatIt like this.
  19. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

so you have farmed them all? I am in discord with someone farming them right now. Different mobs dropping different loot.
    A stepping stone for further changes and developments. What you expect them to roll out some WoW level patch with 2 or 3 Devs?
    Because those other things did not happen today it doesnt mean they are working on them or finding ways to update and change them?
    Are you that short sighted and apart of the INEEDITNOWCLUB? I mean get real

20. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Any chance you can address peoples concerns of this patch whats being said in this thread I mean it appears this patch has gone down bad, would be nice to see if you guys are taking this all on board cause from what I can tell nobody wants to log on after this.

Fengor and Hook like this.