Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - July 15th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

2. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

nope just right click on my mouse

3. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

No I mean for your sword and shield bind. The same issue was happening to me and I found out it was because auto parry+ modifiers don't play nice together

Fengor likes this.
  4. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Deadeye

• Alignment color change for -200 to -1 alignment is now a purplish hue
    You realy like To loose players...

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #44 Prodigy_Burn, Jul 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  5. RootedOak

RootedOak Oak Lord
    Legend

Did you try it on the test server beforehand?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. Lodex2001

Lodex2001 Skeleton Archer
    Patron

small changes are not going to save this game.

Zeiken and Kurist like this.
  7. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

Naw but some guys said they had the same bug on test and it was fixed.

8. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

Even worse, small changes that make the experience more difficult such as loot drop nerfs will make the game die even quicker. Newbs are already at a huge disadvantage. Making changes like this are going to be an even greater deterent. Different company, same self-inflicted mistakes.

Zeiken likes this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

wait what? everything has to be fair? your trolling right?

10. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

No, he is not trolling. This is another new player nerf at a time that new players are desperately needed. 25% health bonus to mounts that are pre-patch? This company is making insane choices. Nerf it all or not at all!

P.S. It is you're...not your...just saying...;)

11. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

All mounts will have their proper health after next downtime. The adjustments for regular mounts somehow messed up and were not in the patch. That's all.
    --- Post updated ---

12. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Make it 250 health please. I think that would be more balanced

13. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

Thank you for clearing that up. However, can you please let us know how nerfing loot drops for PvE based skill grinding in a PvP centric game where you have two month veterans with an already huge ability advantage over brand new player is going to help the grow and improve the overall player experience?

Zeiken likes this.
  14. renton1231

renton1231 New Member

Magma storm, acid bolt, fire bolt all don't work on kobalds.

15. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

It has been resolved on test. Will patch during maintenance.

16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

The mounts have 0 to do with my statement.
    the part about being fair, as if this game could ever be fair, some people are always going to have more or be better, no such thing as fair. Even if a new player had 2 400 hp mounts vs a vet with 1 300 hp mount it wouldn't be fair the vet is going to win just plain and simple their is no fair, and that is the point.

17. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

You replied to a post about mounts. I think it is fair to assume that your post did have something to do with mounts, even if your overall point differed. Regardless, the mount issue has already been resolved.

As for the issue of fairness. There is a difference between a person playing before another person and having skilled up versus the game being changed fundamentally mid course to the benefit of veteran players over new players, i.e. loot drop nerfs. Some things just affect one group more than another. One could say that this is how Darkfall has always been since Aventurine was in charge. But how well did that end for them? No, BPG needs to rethink their approach to this game. It is a PvP game, make the grind less of an issue for new players. They should have to pay their dues, but not to the point of utter frustration.

Edit:

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The game is a great PvP game. It a mediocre PvE/grind game. The best part of PvE is at launch when people fight over spawns. After that it becomes a grindfest/frustration filled hellhole for new players. I know the people at BPG are vet players and nostalgic. However, Aventurine tried twice with this formula and failed twice. And one could argue that Unholy Wars did a better job focusing on PvP. What makes them think doing it again without really making sweeping changes is going to get a better result?

#57 Kurist, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Zeiken likes this.
  18. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

That is a staple in every single game, things change often making some things harder or cheaper than originally done, so to complain about something being fair or not just doesn't make any sense to me, ya it isn't fair and?? a lot of things are not fair, it is not fair that sele golems have dropped a max of 2 ores for 2+ mths and now they can drop 4+ I spent so much money I wouldn't have otherwise and that is what I am getting at making posts about fairness in an ever changing online world is just silly and that is making it as nice as possible

19. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

My friend, please, at least, recognize that your argument is spacious at best. At worst, you are proving my point. You are complaining about the equivalent of getting a raise. However, are new players harvesting selentine golems? No. They are harvesting essences and mats that have been consistently nerfed. Yes, in the long run a selentine buff is great for PvP in theory, but in the short term it increases the gap between new players and vets which is exactly what the game does not need right now. In case you haven't noticed the population is tanking, fast. Unless BPG is bold in its design changes and fun factor this game will fail. This is based on history, not conjecture. It is fine and good to be nostalgic, but reality has to set in at some point. Make the game accessible for new players. Increase the reward for end game (unique loot drops, collectibles, titles, status rewards, high end task awarded skills, vendor/crafter earned perks, etc) or this game is doomed to the same fate as every iteration before it: server shut down.

Mycke likes this.
  20. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Nice patch dudes, all good things you are doing IMO. Are the big roadmap items listed for July still expected to go in this month? Just curious, not a trolling or anything. Was not expecting a lot of these nice changes, and if other are planned for July will be really impressed.