Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - July 15th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Kurist

Kurist Goblin Scout

Does this patch address the massive population drain? Does this patch address the unsustainable PvE grind for the few new players who are giving the game a try? Does this patch address the boring end game for veteran players who are now quitting en masse? No. this is a bandage patch at best for minor issues. The roadmap is a joke for a long time sustainable game. I want his game to succeed. I have played DAO, DAUW and now this. I am sick and tired of the same crap over an over. When can someone figure out that no one likes PvE and crafting as a focus in a PvP full loot game? DFO FAILED, DFUW FAILED. Doing the same thing over and over WILL FAIL.

Yes PvE and crafting can be and should be in the game. But, instead of increasing the burden on someone to be PvP viable in a week vs 2 months, why not focus on what people really want: Meaningful PvP rewards in a skill (not stat) based system. Random unique equipable items, titles, achievements, bonus skills (even if on a timer), collectibles etc. I am Sick and tired of dumb, repetitive PvE tasks for meager gains. Let us all be honest. BPG, no one is playing Darkfall to kill 200 skeletons, 100 Skeletons Archers, 20 Deadeye. or to own a villa, dye their armor, or buy your in game tokens. DUMB DUMB DUMB. Focus on the important thing: Relevant, fun , easily accessible full loot PvP.

2. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter Lifetime

Nerf to mount health fixing an absolute non-issue.

Rebalancing weights (of all items, not just mounts) to prevent or decrease the likelihood of people carrying 3 mounts would've been the better idea.

This patch will seriously hurt new players who've just had their chances of escape reduced by about 25%. It will barely make a difference to vets who drop mount and begone/shrapnel/stormblast the second they give chase anyway.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Champions are pretty damn fun actually, and i'm stoked to see weapon and armor dyes. Hopefully we get capes and shields with clan insignias right after. I agree population is concerning right now. We unfortunately have lost too many actives to even attempt a champion spawn atm. Hopefully they'll be back to try the new patch.

I think what the game desperately needs is factions, or the race war back with a working alignment system and PvP events like VCPs and Sea Towers and Trade Routes all tied to factions. Meaningful PvP is what will carry the game into the future. Every clan member should feel like they can participate and helpful in any wars their clan is in, even if they aren't super skilled or have a max toon. Currently resources is the best way for casuals to contribute to their clan, and that's not enough imo.

So far player drama isn't enough to keep people fighting. Too many clans are nut cupping together and most fights are fights just for the sake of fighting. We need reasons to fight besides just resources. I'm talking territory control, or player houses even. You should have to fight for your home and your city.

Fengor likes this.
  4. Fengor

Fengor Eodrin

Founders blade!

Well played boys. Keep up the good work.

Featherbeans, His Man and NonFactor like this.
  5. darksidefloyd

darksidefloyd New Member

The item to transfer lock up is still happening while casting spells for me. Even after today's hotfix. I need to log off everytime this happens. It's impossible to play this way. If this happens in pvp = insta death.

6. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

mount weight is a better way to fix that shit.

7. blkgnd802

blkgnd802 Goblin Warrior

You keep acting like casting a spell and tapping jump is an impossible skill to learn. If that skill ceiling is too high then everything else about PvP is going to be too hard anyway. Also other newbies are some of the biggest b-hoppers around because it's really easy to learn. It's not a "vet only" skill, you're just really bad.

#67 blkgnd802, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Fengor and RootedOak like this.
  8. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

FOUUNDERRRR BLAAAADEE HYYYYYYYPE I CAN NOW DIE A HAPPY MAN

Fengor likes this.
  9. Flux D

Flux D Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor Legend

I was crashing rather often yesterday. Has this been fixed?

10. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

What was the cause of your crashes? If you do crash please submit a ticket and attach the most recent Client_1/_2/etc log file from your data folder. That will help the devs and the support staff understand why you crashed.

Fengor likes this.
  11. Adopted Manchild

Adopted Manchild Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I don't see race changes.

12. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

Even tho i don't think it's top priority, we could have some new level 25 taming skill recipes.
    What recipes: for example allow an alfar to craft a wolf mount using the normal ingredients plus a wolf scalp. Something like this maybe.
    Ofc, it's highly exploitable. A player has alts from all races, etc.

13. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter Lifetime

I missed this post. It's over a week old but I'll respond.

Low end toons generally have 1 bunny hopping spell, begone. They generally don't have it leveled up as much as vets do (25 maybe, 50). Even if they have it to 75 they will only have Shrapnel and not Stormblast in most occasions.

But all this is irrelevant.

I've said it about A MILLION DAMN TIMES but everyone on forums seems to ignore half of what I say because it's an inconvenient truth bomb slapping them in the face.

Bunny hopping largely benefits veteran toons more than new toons, because:

a) Veteran toons heal faster, and for more - Hasten Spells Witchcraft, Hasten Spells Lesser Magic, Intensify Lesser Magic, Intensify Witchcraft - NONE of these skills are something that newer toons can "just learn" overnight.
    b) Veteran toons take less fall damage - Agility reduces fall damage from about 37 to 32 I believe. This requires 50 dex and if you're trying to level magic/2 hander first then chances are you're not going to hit 50 dex. I only just hit 50 dex despite having +75 int/str/quick/wisdom/vit
    c) Veteran toons can generally begone/stormblast FURTHER than newer toons, meaning less damage taken/distance travelled
    d) Veteran toons can deal ass-load more damage - just a near miss from an R90 can EASILY finish off a 5 hp noob-toon who's bunny hopped away whilst the noob toon is probably going to need a direct hit to finish off a veteran toon
    e) Veteran toons have more hp which, combined with the above, means they can bunny hop a 100 m and still have more hp than a newer toon.
    f) veteran toons regain stamina, health and mana faster so even if they're losing health to bunny hopping they're still gaining a lot more stamina and mana during their pursuit.

All of this combines to mean that veteran toons benefit waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more from bunny hopping than new toons.

But you'll sit here and try to convince yourself and others that bunny hopping 'adds skill' to the game, when all it really does is give even more advantages to people with high end toons, like they didn't already have enough.

The idea that a player with a new toon is going to bunny hop away and escape the veteran character is quite frankly laughable. The veteran toon will keep up with, and even gain on them easily, and drop them in 1 spell whilst maintaining most of their health.

It's got nothing to do with 'learning bunnyhopping'.

14. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Glad to see these much needed improvements BPG!! People can finally fight mounts properly

Lucan and Fengor like this.
  15. Lucan

Lucan Ghost
    Hero

Ooo who will be the first to complain about Mount combat being nerfed... Taking bets!

16. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I wasn't aware this was still happening, my apologies. I will look into it and anyone with -1000 or 1000 alignment will be grandfathered in without having to wait another 2 weeks.

Fengor and l0st exile like this.
  17. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Thank you! I've been waiting a month for people to see just know villainous I truly am!! Muwahaha

l0st exile likes this.
  18. Airenn

Airenn Goblin Shaman
    Legend

any plans for disable skill on mount

Lucan and Zorak like this.
  19. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

So apparently you can still get spell bugged and stuck unable to do anything :(

WithoutShame and Fengor like this.
  20. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Don't fix this, we need to keep the skill ceiling high. get gud