Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - July 25th, 2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

I assume the spawns would be moved instead of the stones but that's not really up to me. I never supported the way digging was implemented, that happened long before I joined the team. I don't think it should stay how it is either.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

Caving into the cries of the elitists is only setting yourselves back

Now only the upper-tier clans can afford to rune to places, and the mobs are consolidated (along with farming being more tedious) so it will be much easier for those same upper-tier clans to lock down the only spots worth farming, which is exactly what they have been crying for all this time and you guys gave it to them.
    --- Post updated ---
    This is still 100% possible, but now only for the richest clans. If we are really concerned about this then we should get rid of runes all together or repurpose them for something else.

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Varangian Warthane
    Legend

I logged in, looked around, casted a few self buffs, logged out. COnTenT Plz

4. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

This is a player driven game....we create our own content largely, the lack of content has been almost entirely due to the community itself being over the top toxic.

5. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

I realize it's still possible but it requires more effort, I prefer it how it is now over how it was.

6. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

So you prefer only the richest try-hards being able to do it while taking it away from everyone else?

7. Billy Lee

Team B Lifetime

Do you feel that runestones are significantly more expensive than portal shards? I don't. I'd argue that runestones will wind up being similar or lower in value over time. The prices may not reflect that in the near future but it's not a significant matter imo.

8. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Its like you want people to be terrible at the game and not learn.

I tell you what. If PVP in this game is a problem for players, they can have fun farming in the safe zone when it comes out, mmkay cupcake?

Inkarnation likes this.
  9. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

They already sit in a safezone, calfardar

10. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

You guys don't get to complain about that. You really don't.

11. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

I can say the same thing about getting rid of runebooks because people don't want others to port in on them, scared of pvp or something? git gud

12. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Lol relax sero, game is dead. Have a sense of humour already or Im comin down there to kick your butt

The Cannibal likes this.
  13. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

If that is true then the ONLY thing this did was make things far less convenient without actually changing anything, just lower quality of life and that is it.

14. Sique

Sique Fire Giant
    Legend

definitely worth the 5 month wait for sure, great job guys!

15. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

I'm not the one that logs out ontop of Calf when people hit system bud. Theres PVP, and theres game crippling fast travel to anywhere on the map from a safe zone.

Inkarnation likes this.
  16. Marxman

Marxman Black Knight
    Loyal

Wouldn't more fast travel = more pvp? Think local banking/more travel gave new dawn more pvp? You got things backwards buddy

17. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

Must...resist...urge...to...add...sarcastic...comment...lest...I...risk...being...banned...again... Aahhhhhh

18. Squanto

Squanto Frostjarl
    Legend

No, its the opposite. You are wrong. New dawn actually had a lot of PvP for the amount of players it had, and it was enjoyable. It needed some fast travel though. Both ends of the spectrum are bad you need to find a balance between.

Do you want to port around everywhere knowing that people like me, arrow, animal, ect are also porting around? No.

Billboards are a perfect example of why the game is in the state that its in. There is available pvp every 30 minutes, yet 80% of VCP's go uncapped. You'd think they would all get capped because everyone playing wants pvp and wants to fight, right? No one wants to risk porting in and instantly losing a bag to being zerged or risk a bag running into a good player so they don't port.

Because everyone is just porting around instead of organically riding/running into each other you miss people most of the time because everyone ports, loads in, kills the mob, then recalls rather than having to ride to a bank and back to a spawn. The next person ports in and does the same thing.

Chaos stone runebook change was supposed to help the game because you'd have runes marked to the few 'best' of the 20-30 chaos stones on the map and those best chaos stones would be hotspots, but would be far away from high end mobspawns to prevent constant camping/zergs porting in. With the map of chaos stones we proposed, there would be many options per continent so you wouldn't have to pick the hotspot 'good chaos stones' if you wanted to avoid pvp and you'd still be able to get everywhere within 5-10minutes of riding. BPG dropped the ball big on this one (like always) and the change was meaningless and just wasted everyones time.

#38 Squanto, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  19. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

u need to contribute with that and move u guys to bind in something raidable

20. Jack_Bauer

Jack_Bauer Deadeye
    Legend

^This. Could of been a good change but instead it sucks cuz the chaos stones are in shit spots...

Inkarnation, SinSemilla and Squanto like this.