Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 11th 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Problem is - the increase in magical prots by gearing up didn't offset the loss in damage before - the decrease from archery encumbrance was too much and what you gained in protections ... you lost in ranged pressure and your ability to stat effectively. That just meant any good mage could play the long game and win 9/10 because they'd reset indefinitely until Panacea or Rage was on c/d and got a good engage.

Light chest/heavy fillers with a bow will die in 5 seconds to any *good* mage or heavy. You lose the benefits of being low encumb as a mage(cast speed mostly) AND a huge loss in protections because of the chest. It will never be viable because of how Darkfall is designed.

The point is to reward people for gearing up - not gearing down.

I've had 4 2v2's with arguably one of the best duos on the server.

Our makeup for every engage:

Low Enc Mage + Full Heavy

Their makeup for the different engages were as follows:

1.) Low enc Mage + Low enc Mage
    2.) Low enc Mage + Low enc Mage
    3.) Low enc Mage + Light Chest Hybrid Arch/Melee
    4.) Low enc Mage + Full Heavy

Of these fights - their best engagements were when they played Low enc Mage + Low enc Mage.

This is clearly a small sample size, but given the level that we tend to play - I would say the balance in group fights is amazing right now.

Melee/Arch no longer has rapid shot or haste, so they have a severely dimished ranged output. The increase to existing archery damage offsets that. Field AoE damage still effects mages nearly the same as before, but the difference is heavies no longer die instantly to excessive AoE spam from a group with more mages. It's no longer braindead combat where you drop field AoEs for the win.

Positioning is HUGE in this patch.

#101 Animal, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    koruun and Fengor like this.
  2. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Ahh yes, the age old argument of if you wear expensive gear you should automatically win. The fix for that is definitely making infernal retarded strong and not just bringing bone sets or other low encumbrance gear up in cost.

This probably has something to do with DPS output being complete dogshit, indirectly buffing crossheals to godtier.

Game is in a solid state RN, really glad they messed with numbers that haven't been an issue for 9 years.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Cudelr likes this.
  3. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

bring back purple robes with blackbolts

fuck cobras

4. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

IKR?

Like I hated how effective you could be in robes/naked with a mag blackbolt, but jesus christ this is a fucking shitshow.

Cudelr and NonFactor like this.
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

i miss play scrub.

now im basically forced to carry a cobra q4

lazy

Sero likes this.
  6. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

You haven't been online. You don't fight anyone good. You type on the forums about how unbalanced the game is, then you go blow Rex while playing Runescape.

Get your best players. Go to the Gargantua spawns mid map and fight other good players.

Provide feedback that isn't rooted in theorycraft, but rather gameplay.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  7. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Logged in today with that intent actually. Dueled Cadaver. Logged out because the game is literally in a dogshit state.

PS: I don't play runescape, the rest of my clan does, which says wonders about the games current state.

Cudelr likes this.
  8. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Duels a high ping player mage v mage. Logs out without PvPing mid map at the new hotspots.

gg

Glad the game has organic PvP for the first time since launch and you're still chillin' in Redmoon!

https://www.riseofagon.com/agonmetrics/pvp/global/1

Just look at the fucking metrics list. It has been fucking insane.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  9. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Yea, idk what titled me, his high ping, or the fact that he was doing 36 impales vs my 31, or 46 dmg 90s vs my 26.

At least you got "organic" pvp though. Who is it? Squanto and Juice sitting there waiting to jump someone at half stats while they try and get 110 stat pots.

So exciting.

Personally, I think in an FPS game, where aim is 65% of the battle, having issues like the one highlighted above is minor compared to numbers that were practically perfect for the last 9 years. defo need to fuck with combat instead.

Also, the other 1000 things wrong with the game? of no concern. Those numbers though, I'll tell ya!

Cudelr likes this.
  10. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Arrow, Juicy, Myater, Wes, Lear, Cadaver, Trixie, Legitimately ALL of Dunes before we beat them in back to back 3v3/4v4, Dotix, etc

It's been a non-stop bang off.

Juice and I had our spawns on lockdown and would go help each other if people had numbers on us. Otherwise - we got a bunch of 1v1s while we farmed our pots.

@Wes Furtive has become some voodoo hex caster. Shits poppin(and you can finally farm as heavy, so you don't need to swap out your light chest for your heavy mid fight after getting jumped - which is amazing.)

I haven't had this much fun in DF in a long time..... call me weird, but getting jumped while farming in a pure Q5 infernal bag gives me an adrenaline rush that Darkfall doesn't tend to give me anymore.

Wes Furtive likes this.
  11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Nice Dude. So like, everyone that would have been around despite changes to combat? Also: Good thing they changed combat, thats defo the reason there is ORGANIC PVP at GARGANTUA spawns.

Defo needed to change combat to make that happen.

Cudelr and quietnoobz like this.
  12. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I'm saying - try out the combat in groups and maybe you'll realize the change isn't what you're thinking.

I can't win a fight 1v1 as heavy right now. I just drink panacea until I run out, then get fucked once I run out against any good player.

Group fights on the other hand.... are finally balanced because no rapid shot/haste or battlespikes mean positioning and transitions finally have a place in group fights again. No battlespikes alone has made this patch beyond incredible.

13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

What group? MY GROUP PLAYS RUNESCAPE BECAUSE OF THE CHANGES. RUNESCAPE. Theres posts in discord about it all day. Im about to go out and buy a helmet its so retarded.

Also, i like how you're referencing more changes that could have taken place WITHOUT changing NUMBERS.

Cudelr, kinglear and MaxiHori like this.
  14. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Relics would have been retarded to balance around destro/mk/mana shield/etc - The numbers are fine(outside of the flat archery increase. The damage on the higher end bows is fine, but it needs to scale based on rank. Lower end bows are much more powerful now. I always carry q4/5 silverbranches, so whatever, but it is an issue.)

Heavies still get blown the fuck up if you cast the right spells. It's actually stupid if someone isn't a total retard.

@Sero You have Cadaver, Lear, and like 3 other Reign that were on earlier. More than enough to dethrone the Gods that reside over the realm of stat pots.

@Juice

15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Staff magnitude changes? Hello? Why?

The game is nowhere near what it was before the removal of destro/mk/mana shield.

Also, why didn't we just remove destro/mk/mana shield and then introduce relics that can replace them? Too difficult?

Cudelr and NonFactor like this.
  16. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Probably because most of us could wear a robe with a q3 blackbolt and kill nearly any destro on the server with ease. The change just made cheap bags shitty - a much needed change.

Field Aoe, R90, Magma, Heal cycle if they hit me at all, ray before going into melee with a huge hp advantage. GG. It was a braindead dps race that ended in melee every fight.

Slayven likes this.
  17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

All I see is a problem with gear cost.

Thats cool dude. What happens now when you go into melee with an HP advantage? you lose?

DEFINITELY A PROBLEM WITH DPS OUTPUT.

Cudelr likes this.
  18. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I guess you want to continually neglect that magic is easy AF to land. Archery... not so much(at least consistently).

In reference to the hit me at all quote.

Slayven likes this.
  19. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

I guess you want to continuously neglect that changing dps numbers doesnt change that fact.

Cudelr likes this.
  20. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I'm sure you can get some fights and make a video showing us why you dislike the numbers, right?

It's better than saying, "omg 24 damage fireball! afk."

Testing the changes and proposing changes in the form of constructive feedback, rather than bitching incessantly tends to work wonders.

Fight good players and fight out what the right "numbers" should be. The Combat Focus Group discord channel is like the golden ticket to providing feedback. Get to it.

Sero likes this.