Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 11th 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Sero

Sero Shadow Knight
    Legend

[​IMG]

Have fun beta testing your awesome combat changes. Ima go RIP another level 89, because learning how to speed run a1-10 is more fun than logging into beta test things that shouldn't be broken, in an already broken game

People defended portal chamber removal. People defended bunnyhop changes. People defended runebooks. People now defend combat changes. Where are all those people? Where are all the people at?

This company has performed admirably, but has VERY poor design choices, and clearly doesn't know what makes a game like Darkfall function. This may be the final nail in the coffin. This is some straight up DND, fanboy level, shit tier change.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #121 Sero, Jun 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    MaxiHori, AbbaSalama and NonFactor like this.
  2. Kiyayne

Kiyayne Goblin Warrior

This is why people should support the 'Make Kiyayne Lead Dev' Campaign, 99% of RoA Dev choices have caused a population decrease while none of my design decisions have caused a decrease in the player population.

Slayven likes this.
  3. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

@Andrew rollback combat before its late.

4. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Wildtribe Mage

It's all cool but I don't see these changes being very attracted to new players. All I see is them having to farm more before being viable.

I wish the focus was more about trying to get more/new/returning players in to the game. These changes are cool for the current player base but won't do much for new players (exept maybe the removal of bunnyhops, which they will find ridiculous the 1st time they encouter it).

Sameog likes this.
  5. Animal

Animal Black Knight
    Hero

@Sero Ripping a lvl 89.... is like dying in tier 10-11. How does that even happen with sunder? Just don't roll a sextant with invasion and you're fine.

6. turk0lu

turk0lu Undead Dwarf

rs has 10k more things 2 do than this game leave it alone sero

Fengor likes this.
  7. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

not playing anymore.

u guys fixed combat already or stil awful with no one playin?

8. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Spellgazer

dont need to tell people youre not playing. Just dont play.

Not_Primetime and Fengor like this.
  9. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

i didn't ask you anything yet.

10. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Spellgazer

if you look at Darkfall Rise of Agon as a different game then Darkfall online you would be able to come back down to earth and see its fine.
    think of it like this...if you knew nothing about Darkfall Online and started playing Darkfall ROA you being as passionate for the game as you are you would say its the best game every.
    please stop being so jaded. The state even this Darkfall is in its better then every game plus the potential is huge. youre a vet..test shit..tell devs, theyre listening.
    just cause darkfall in not catering to you doesnt mean you have to blast this forum with none stop negativity.

i mean for fuck sakes dude do you like the game or not?
    --- Post updated ---
    you didnt ask anyone anything. Just made a cry baby post i called out.

Fengor likes this.
  11. NonFactor

NonFactor Shadow Knight
    Legend

stay quiet. stop defending this shit combat patch only because u taking advantage from this. u sounding ridiculous.

literally no one is playing the game anymore.

Sero and Void like this.
  12. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Spellgazer

one non factor who is not playing is telling me people are not playing...
    who sounds ridiculous?

people like you have alot to say but did you test? Did you help in anyway besides crying?
    you have such a small brain...cant even think a few steps ahead.
    whats the problem with patch?
    destros still lose allllllll magic playing heavy? Little damage boost vs an op class? Tell me why 99% of the server was mage if it was not op? Higher tier mages still have no problems with infernal wearing destros.
    all magic schools the same? Ya not for long. Damage has been as balance as i seen in a long time.
    So tell me why you dont like it

#132 JEDIMind, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  13. Myater

Myater Obsidian Golem
    Hero

While I don't think destro is OP i see why people don't like the changes (I also prefer the game before these silly patches). More people played mage simply because 1. It was cheaper and 2. Was less punishing if you made a mistake. I've always looked at it like this: Noob destro vs Noob Mage, noob destro wins / Average Destro vs Average Mage, average mage wins / Good Destro vs Good Mage, good mage wins / Best Destro vs Best Mage, best destro wins. The other issue is playing with magic is just simply more fun than playing sword/bow to most players. Stop using the argument that 1 is played more than the other so it must be OP because that just simply isn't true.

Sameog, The Red King, Sero and 2 others like this.
  14. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Spellgazer

Ok, lets say its not about who plays what more.

Name a destro that would beat Arrow. Since the best destro can kill the best mage.

I've played with a lot of different people I out of all them I would have to say Killset is by far the best player ive played with. He has a very good understanding of the game and just knows every little trick. I seen this kid play destro and he would be what Luck was years ago. With that being said arrow would kill him 99 times out of 100. Even people like Swanto ( who I consider very good ) would be able to take the best destro 99 out of 100 and he's not the top mage.

Where are those people? where is Swanto, Arrow, Juice, Animal, complaining they don't like the patch? I think they can see that " Hey whatever change Darkfall has I will adept and still be good "

And btw I didn't use the argument that 1 is played more. I gave a few examples. But here you are defending a guy saying "Change combat patch back" with out testing or giving any details why he doesn't like it. Can we stop using that argument?

#134 JEDIMind, Jun 14, 2018
  15. Myater

Myater Obsidian Golem
    Hero

The thing is, Arrow also won a tourny as a Destro beating all of the "good mages". Maybe in 1v1's he's just the best player by a long shot? Lol

And not all players complain and are willing to just adapt to whatever. I don't really see Arrow playing (in the small amount of time I've been on so I can't really say) and Squantos group just chills mid map all day now because of the 110 pots.

How about my 45 man alliance going down to ~2 actives because of combat changes on top of lack of content? The game shouldn't be doing what small scale players want in every change (though sometimes they should obv). But if that's the case the game will always be small. The game should revolve around clan conflict and yes solo play should be an option but it SHOULD be better to be in a clan (sorry to all you solo players).

Also, you said 99% of the players played Mage so you did use the argument of 1 being played more than the other (while 99% is also obv way over the actual number). And where did I defend his comments? I was simply pointing out how I see things.

#135 Myater, Jun 14, 2018
    Fengor, Sero, Void and 1 other person like this.
  16. Animal

Animal Black Knight
    Hero

Arrow has been mid map every day since the patch. We've had a lot of good players come for fights.

Btw, Arrow won as destro because the people that think they're able to compete at a certain level.... aren't(and the people that could challenge him for the W weren't at the tourney or playing a different game.)

Fengor and Myater like this.
  17. Myater

Myater Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Ah ok, I just personally haven't seen him which is why I said in my small amount of time played :D

18. Animal

Animal Black Knight
    Hero

:p

19. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Spellgazer

I didn't know Arrow did that sorry, but ya he might just be the best so maybe we shouldn't count him

I just see it like this. If the game had 5k people would it be fun to play? I think it would so its really not the game itself. You know these numbers for damage are probably the closest it been to right before Darkfall shut down it has been? Even with this protection buff the damage was messed up at the start of RoA ( Way to high ) I been saying this since day one of beta now its more normalized. We're the ones that found out BPG ninja a damaged patch. We do the test. It was increased to where people chould not do anything if they lost any advantage in a fight. That's not how Darkfall we loved was. Numbers are good, TTK is better, soon people will be so different there will be no 2 players alike, archery hibird is off but can be fix, and mages can still hit shit without aiming.
    The game is good, fights still can go anyway, people can make come backs, it's no longer 100% defense or 100% offense, so I'm lost why people are going crazy over it when we can all play the game fine right now? We need to focus on a player base. New players wouldn't know the difference between the old way or new way.

Fengor likes this.
  20. Animal

Animal Black Knight
    Hero

Hopefully Juice recorded the fights we've had at mid map lately(I'm not making any more vids, so I didn't record).

It's been amazing and the combat feels the best it's been in a long time from a group play perspective.