Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 19th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

the same should apply to hamlets/cities won in sieges

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

+1

Dont see a reason why should red be in a npc city in first place and under towers protections? like wtf?

kilrath81, Darkwulf, Damaja and 2 others like this.
  3. Kantor

Kantor Black Knight
    Prosperous Contributor Legend

Common. Good patch but, I would like to spell it out for you guys. No. Reds. In. NPC towns. Period.

4. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Reds shouldn't be able to enter cities at all, but if you leave it in, blues shouldn't die for attacking them.

5. RaB

RaB New Member
    Supporter

Reds in a Blue city terrible idea needs to be changed sooner than later. Just more catering to the Vets.

6. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

If a character is red and inside an NPC city they are -200 or above and the towers will zap if you attack them

Please explain why this mechanic is beneficial to the game. I can see nothing other than it being confusing and that confusion leading to tower death by an unsuspecting blue. Red = outlaw, outlaw = not welcome on lawful areas. Explain to me what I'm missing here.

Kilrain said in another thread that there will be messages to give warnings. How is that possible. Are you going to warn every time a -200 and above alignment character enters a tower zone? That would be lame and annoying. I just don't see a possible solution other than make all red the same red.

kilrath81, Zeiken, Kurise LXV and 5 others like this.
  7. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Agreed that the removal of housing items is bad. There is no reason other than location purposes to recap houses now. Which makes only a handful of targets viable for recap. What a shitty change.

Rocky likes this.
  8. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

I'm not sure if i agree. I know housing is very hard to obtain in this game so its not like we are going to have deeds laying around to cap a house like DFUW but, it was good pvp content to bring a clan to a house (with a safe) that was going live and having a battle for the house/safe. Even on UO, a big part of the game was going to houses 24 hours prior to collapsing and just fighting/pking for a good part of the day.

9. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Is the safe removed too? I have no problem with other housing items to drop, but the safe should stay there, or at the very least the stuff that was inside the safe should drop like in UO.

NonFactor, Fengor, apophis and 3 others like this.
  10. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Anyone else getting a memory/data failed error after this patch? never got it before until this patch.

application error*

11. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

YOU SEE THIS SHIT?

[​IMG]

WHERE WAS THIS A MONTH AGO? *SLAPS BPG UPSIDE THE HEAD*

GOOD JOB.

Todd of Hartford and Wes Furtive like this.
  12. bLankszor

bLankszor Ghost
    Hero

Can we get separate sprint binds for character and for the mount? This is terrible and sucks even more for Wolf model where you can hardly tell the difference between walk and sprint
    --- Post updated ---
    Also - i think there is a bug with chat?

I am red and blue friend messages me, when I reply the reply opens a new tab calls "<self>" and I am talking to myself, he cannot see my reply.

13. dragula

dragula Gravelord
    Legend

YES!!! This system still makes no sense.

Zeiken, Dixie Normus, Damaja and 2 others like this.
  14. Goretusk

Goretusk Goblin Shaman
    Hero

no race alliance chat? why no race wars? why must you remove all the flavor? the triple trade chats created interesting price disparities. why is it starting to feel like we all have to be cookie cuttered into umberto and dests play style? even the portal network feels like they were set up for the annoying runs those guys used to have to deal with. just make the lightrise arena already if you want to destroy all the rpg elements. and -200 does not equal 0 anywhere else but here :worried:

Zeiken, Incanuth Archbane and Chris like this.
  15. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

orange was fine as it was. It allowed an intermediate playstyle between blue and red (being allowed entry into outer npc cities) while offering no safety outside of npc cities (blues can attack without alignment loss yet while turning grey so the orange can fight back)

if the dumbass whiners couldn't understand orange, how will they understand it now that there's no colour differentiation yet the same mechanics?
    blues will hit -199+ reds, turn grey.. and go wtf?

poor change imo. what was needed was an ingame system that told players all the alignment mechanics.. not the removal of player freedom (Which is what will happen now with the upcoming -199+ alignment complaints)

kilrath81 and Zeiken like this.
  16. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

Or use a more intuitive color than orange. Orange was used previously in this game and also in UO as the "at war" color.

Also, how exactly does this remove a player's freedom? lol...

Catorino likes this.
  17. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

yeah, having an alt account in the human-elf-dwarf trade chat was really immersive

RootedOak, Schnid and Pink Floyd like this.
  18. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

• All housing items on any Cottage/House/Villa/Large Villa/Keep that expires will be removed
    Lol wtf was this implemented for?

People loved to capture houses to see the contents inside and now you decide to kill another part of player driven content for what reason??

@Umberto you lived for this man what is this ?

19. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

Safe and it's contents should stay in the house, it made for some fun pvp trying to fight over a house that is about to go up. I don't mind the other items disappearing so they get filtered out of the economy a bit.

Zeiken, RootedOak, Fengor and 3 others like this.
  20. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

The amount of house decos and stuff is already flooding the market because they drop on higher tier mobs and chaos chests so i can totally see them filtering those out too.