Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 19th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Actually there's a lot of this stuff entering the economy. Makes a lot of sense for it to disappear so it maintains some value later.
    --- Post updated ---
    see above
    --- Post updated ---
    exactly this ^

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Stoned likes this.
  2. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

i thought orange was pretty intuitive as orange -> light red -> dark red in the negative alignment scale, where dark red is max negative alignment
    even though I played UO (10+ years) and DFO both, it still made sense to me

and removing the mechanics of 0 to -200 alignment, 3 alignment range choices with 3 alignment mechanics, down to only blue and red with no 0 to -200 mechanic would mean only 2 alignment mechanics/choices and thus less player freedom to choose

3. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

I'm a saint. Now that murderers are traders... I at least want my name in trade chat to be white.

Okay? Or else I'm killing all the noobs until they quit the game.

4. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

If it was pretty intuitive, why is it that there have been so many threads about it, and every time the threads have many pages of almost everybody agreeing it isn't intuitive? Isn't this in itself is a proof that it wasn't intuitive?

Fengor and paxprobellum like this.
  5. apophis

apophis Goblin Warlord
    Legend

it's been said before, i will merely echo the obvious that house safe should be destroyed but lootable. houses are waaay more expensive than dfo and this would be a really unnecessary nerf if the safe contents were deleted. its just a fun and exciting part of darkfall that shouldnt be removed

and please start chars at +400 and keep reds out of town

Damaja, RootedOak, Marco and 4 others like this.
  6. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

I'm not completely disagreeing with you but to say polearms previous power attack was useless is like saying Eye Rot's int/dex debuff is useless. Especially with a 25 second duration. That shit would have actually been dope AF for destroyers.
    --- Post updated ---
    You can spend the literal millions it costs in mats to build a city if you want. I sure as shit dont.

7. paxprobellum

paxprobellum Goblin Shaman

Great patch except for the alignment changes. Just listen to the community and get rid of the arbitrary -200 thing. It doesn't make any sense and no one likes it.

Red: Alignment less than 0. Cannot Enter NPC towns.
    Blue: Alignment greater than 0. Can enter NPC towns.

Pretty clear.

Zeiken, Imrys, Indestructible and 7 others like this.
  8. Rocky

Rocky Goblin Shaman

I care less about the decos and shit but the safe should come with the house.

Circa likes this.
  9. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

if this were the case then maybe bloodline wouldn't have zerged those newbies out of tiquiya early in launch.

if this were the case then maybe there would be a really great gold and resource sink for late game.

Brown Dorf likes this.
  10. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

You're basically admitting, in the patch notes, that this is confusing and unintuitive by feeling the need to clarify that you will be zapped for attacking a red... just change it.

Everything else looks awesome though! Hopefully this was the magic bullet for the lag and we can all move on from it :D

#50 Tuloth, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Big Ed and Fawley like this.
  11. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

because there was nothing ingame (nor even on BPG's website) outlining the details of the alignment system from the get go
    people had to rely on forums, discord, or ingame chat (where lots of misinformation was spread)
    also, many of those were vets unwilling to accept change

also my comment was in regards to the colour scale: orange -> light red -> dark red
    which is more intuitive as opposed to say... purple -> light red -> dark red... or any other colour

12. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

intuitive : "easy to understand or operate without explicit instruction"

Fengor likes this.
  13. clandestino2a

clandestino2a Skeleton Archer

as a noob it was pretty clear to me that orange equal some kind of light red. its vets who can't accept any change, even a simple color change but they ask new players to adapt when they can't themself adapt to a simple color change. futur looks bad if a simple color change can be reverted because vets don't like it. because they can't adapt.

14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

I want to believe this is a troll, but after some of the threads/posts in these forums I just don't know anymore.

They add a monster polearm buff and you still have people that complain. Wut?

I might make a thread called "Bring back the server lag or I will unsub my accounts!" I was just getting used to it and it helped me get away from people who begoned backwards. Game is totally unplayable without lag.

Circa, RootedOak, DarkGhost25 and 2 others like this.
  15. Foomanchu

Foomanchu Goblin Warlord

tbh, with that logic, you could argue that many things in this game should be removed due to not being intuitive

bunnyhopping would be a prime example

all in all, i chalk up this error on BPG. A majority of peoples criticism of orange would have not existed if the alignment rules existed ingame (either through the tutorial and/or a help window that explains various game mechanics). The remainder would be vets unwilling to change or new players not willing to use ingame resources to figure it out

16. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

Yeah sorry for trying to make it more intuitive for new players. I guess I don't want any to play this game. I couldn't give more of a fuck about it for myself, I never died and lose all my stuff because of it. Go tell that to the ones who made multiple threads/posts about it in the first few weeks.

Vets are worried about changes related to pvp because of balancing issues, nobody cares about changes to other areas of the game if they make the game better. This change made the alignment system more confusing.

#56 Clarence Swamptown, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Fengor likes this.
  17. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

desync was fixed???
    any feedback about?

18. remixninja

remixninja Goblin Scout

I'm a fan of these changes. Obviously everyone loves the server desync stuff being fixed (tell me it's real! I know a few ppl quit already over it but would come back). I look forward to testing that this evening.

As for alignment changes... People are so up in arms about any changes that effect red players that nobody stops to think about the big picture.

When you think about a change, try to put yourself in the shoes of the game developer. For your information, personally I dont care either way. As a red I'll either use player cities or an alt account if I have the need. Who knows what is motivating the devs to make this change, maybe since you have a large pop that is red they want to have more life in the npc cities so that when new players join they aren't seeing lifeless bank staring alt chars? I dont know, I'm not involved in their game design.

What I do know is that when making changes, they have to weigh the effect and end up with a yes/no on whether or not it's a good change.

So, back to the alignment changes in question. Will allowing red players within a certain alignment range (1/5 the range of a neg alignment) effect anyone negatively? I just don't see how it does. Reds already get around this rather nonexistent problem, and it's probably some other issue the devs are trying to solve like immersion or reds who became red without knowing the implications.

I urge you guys to at least give the devs a bit of your trust when it comes to game design. They have done a damn good job with the engine thus far, and continue to listen to community feedback. Let's keep that feedback as concise and focused on the changes themselves as possible. It's one thing to give a player's perspective on a change, and another to criticize changes because you aren't looking at the big picture.

Trust me when I say red players are not all griefers who kill noobs, a majority of us are people who are looking for an exhilarating fight. That's it. Yeah it's fun to strike fear into the heart of a blue, but at the end of the day when I look back on "Darkfall" and the fun I had it wasn't trying to ruin someone else's game experience. It was to have fun with my friends, have some heart pumping PvP, and hopefully add to the danger element of a sandbox game like this for players that can appreciate it.

Sorry for the rant, but this one struck a nerve with me.

-Dr.Evil great lakes UO
    -Pink horseman na/eu DFO
    -Evil comes DFUW

19. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

You can spend the literal millions it costs in mats to build a city if you want. I sure as shit dont.
    Imo, they should make house decorations part of construction. There's nothing in it beyond 25 atm

20. Clarence Swamptown

Legend

There is a huge difference between learning the combat and movement mechanics of a game and things like the alignment system or the UI for example. One is something that is not expected to be understood/mastered instantly, the other is.

I do agree that if using that system, it would have been much better if there was a tutorial about it. My whole point is there shouldn't need to be a tutorial about the alignment system. It should be evident.

Fengor and Big Ed like this.