Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 19th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

The devs are all Red's in game which is why you get these narrow minded alignment changes.

Other than the above, good job on this patch if it all works

2. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Sadly, this may be true. The dev team is made up of top tier pvp'ers who probably really don't have a grasp on the new player experience due to it not really having any relevance to their play style. Pure speculation though.

Rocky and Khazgol like this.
  3. apophis

apophis Goblin Warlord
    Legend

keep your trash in the trash bin my friend

Fengor, Scrubby Bear and Kilset like this.
  4. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

This couldn't be further from the truth.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

Some good changes but Jesus Christ who is coming up with this ridiculous -200 red but not really red nonsense?

Be honest... is there a dev who's at -100 but wants to live out of an NPC city without raising it? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause someone thinking it makes any sense whatsoever.

Rocky and onslaught like this.
  6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I disagree very much on polearm change you will now see them way more often then before
    the knockback only worked when they stood still or was moving away/jumping it was useless

RootedOak, Dixie Normus and Fengor like this.
  7. TierQQ

TierQQ Goblin Shaman
    Hero

When people said "red players should just be red" it wasn't just about the color of the name.

This system is going to be even more confusing and cause even more unnecessary deaths in safe zones. I do not understand with all the good changes how you guys think your making this better

Make it more simple please.... when you go negative alignment you are red and cannot use any safe cities. If you want to give people more gap before they go red have people start with 400 alignment.

It has been over a month and you don't have a good/ intuitive fix on this so just suck it up and admit it isn't worth the grief it gives people. Give everyone 200 alignment back and make it only blue/red and only blues can use safe cities.

Korag likes this.
  8. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

I would say that maybe they want to make the life of solo reds less bad to keep them playing the game, but even then its only -200 and above, so any true reds are still boned. So ya I dont get it.

and fun fact, my nub friend attacked a red in town and died and told me about it. This reds in town thing doesnt help new players at all, cuz it makes no sense.

9. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

It seriously is like some jaded dev heard complaints about orange and just said "fine we'll make the name red. Happy?"

Rorschach, Mycke and Khazgol like this.
  10. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

That's good to hear. I'll give your team the benefit of the doubt.
    But since you're responding, would you mind sharing the mind set behind the design of -200 reds being able to enter NPC cities? Not trying to corner you. I genuinely want to know as I really can not see a positive. Thanks much.

Khazgol and Rocky like this.
  11. Bound

Bound Project Manager
    Staff Member

I wish... I sadly still have some newbie protection on my character. I've only really played with my son killing little things :)

Fengor and Circa like this.
  12. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Allowing lower alignment in outer cities provides a midpoint location for players which in turn gives more life to those otherwise rather vacant cities.

13. ijharb

ijharb Chosen of Khamset
    Supporter

Chris stop spouting off about shit you have no clue on.

Fengor likes this.
  14. Bartlebe

Bartlebe Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Patron Legend

You may have liked using it and even done well with it in your encounters but it was obviously not on the same level as the GS or GA. Now, I feel like it may be closer? Here's hoping. Options are good for everyone.
    --- Post updated ---
    So the system will remain confusing for people then? No progress made? They'll keep seeing these "outlaws" in their blue areas being protected by their towers.

Zeiken, Mycke and Kalos like this.
  15. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

The cons far outway the pros. Read this thread. Community outcry.

Plus those cities are not vacant

Zeiken likes this.
  16. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

No, we're working on it now.

Fengor likes this.
  17. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

I would just like to point out the solution many people like is the exact same one I gave you a month ago, but instead of considering it you just responded with i never give suggestions.

There is a learning experience for you in there some where....

paxprobellum and Darkwulf like this.
  18. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

keep them blue or something dif than red.

Bartlebe likes this.
  19. Chris

Chris Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

I know you are probably a very new player to these kinds of games so I will let you off and explain what they made happen in this patch for you mate. Basically they made it so that there is next to zero inconvenience to being Red in a game which lets face it is not exactly brimming with content, thus taking out a lot of the player interactions we were seeing at launch.

There is a high level overview for you mate, if you need anything else please do let me know.

20. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

This is my last post on the issue. Yes I'm frustrated. The change to Orange is frustrating and seemingly (to me anyway) defies all logic. As someone else put it, it seems the change was made out of spite in reaction to bitching on the forums about the whole red/orange thing. But what frustrates me the most is how the whole thing was handled. It was communicated to players that it was a display bug, then later it was communicated that a lone Dev made the change by design, and the team was not consulted/brought up to speed on the change. Before this change, there were threads regarding this "bug" that were ignored. And now, myself, and many others have given ample examples of just how borked this system appears, and the most we get is Devs skirting around the issue refusing to address concerns in detail.
    I'm left with a very poor perception of professionalism here. These are the types of situations with proper, or poor communication you can retain, or lose subscribers over.
    That's it for me on the subject! Going to do my best to just forget about it and keep on keepin' on.

Rorschach and Big Ed like this.