Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 19th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Eleqtriq

Eleqtriq Goblin Scout

I'm rather new to the game, and I don't understand how I can get killed by a tower just PASSING BY a city because I was rogue from traveling in a lawless area (I'm +200 alignment) but someone who is -199, Red, killed multiple players, can be safe inside a city?

That feels wrong to me

2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

That was the point of the orange. Because orange is not blue because they can still be killed w/o alignment penalties however they were still allowed in the outer cities.

The only problem with this is lack of information. We're working on resolving as many alignment issues as we can and in the process we will make sure to inform the players in some fashion of the rules.

One possibility is the war target symbol. When you see that symbol it represents someone you are free to attack. So, perhaps everyone who is less than -200 will always have that symbol. Everyone who is between -200 and 0 will have that symbol unless they are in the outer city tile and blues would only have that symbol if in lawless or are rogue.
    --- Post updated ---
    When was the last time this situation happened? We reduced the time to go back to blue from 2 minutes down to 30 seconds a few patches ago.

Byzantinian, Fengor and NonFactor like this.
  3. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Look if they are half red and half blue then choose that color, purple then it will look half red and half blue. The other options are to screw the whole difference and blues only or you can make two shades of blue light for low alignment and dark for high.

4. skreww L00se

skreww L00se Undead Dwarf
    Legend

We need 2 indicators added. 1 to show if your character is in sprint or run mode (very hard to tell as Mahirim unless you're in 3rd person and it is constantly toggled due to it being on the same key as mount sprint), and 1 for horizontal/vertical swing. Please!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

not a perfect fix but works..

purple is more understandable than orange.

Mycke likes this.
  6. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

Heres my suggestion from May 16th

Its all right there over a month ago.

(The ironic part is people still tell me im here trying to ruin the game, at what point do they figure out im trying to save it?)

#86 Mycke, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Darkwulf, Ledwulf and NonFactor like this.
  7. Barracuda27

Barracuda27 New Member
    Tester

I am a new player and -170 , I have no clue where I am allowed to go and where I am not allowed to go. Also I used to be +240 but because I joined in on seige stone defense and contributed to deaths I turned red :( .

Darkwulf and Zeiken like this.
  8. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

That is another problem imo. During a siege the whole tile should become lawless no matter what, or something similar.

Darkwulf, Zeiken, Byzantinian and 4 others like this.
  9. Cool hwip

Cool hwip Deadeye
    Hero

So is the desync fixed?

10. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Didn't see it in the notes, so I presume it is a bug. However, red clan mates can not talk in clan chat.

#90 Amuru, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  11. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

it is, we'll hotfix it asap.

Fengor and Amuru like this.
  12. Melkrow

Melkrow Goblin Warrior
    Supporter

I think you simply need to make them some shade of BLUE instead of red.

The problem is that they simply feel like a bait, because they look like a free target, especially to noobs.

Making them darker blue would make all of the problems disappear and still keep intact the system that is currently in place.

Mycke likes this.
  13. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

Just make people between -200 and 0 orange so there's a mid point that lets people live in the outer cities.

kilrain likes this.
  14. Khazgol

Khazgol Deadeye
    Hero

@kilrain Are you liking posts as a read receipt? Or because They align with you beliefs?

15. Chersk

Chersk Skeleton Archer

The removal of polearm knockback is a shitty band aid change. All you're doing is removing playstyle diversity for the sake of a handful of players that want to main polearms pretty much just for the sake of saying they main polearms. Poles will still be relegated to second whirlwind duty at best and no top tier min maxer will use them as a primary two hander.

Just like most of this game, AV had good intentions when they put knockback on polearms but their implementation was flawed. A proper fix would have normalized the knockback in all situations. This is just lazy and shortsighted.

16. Kurise LXV

Kurise LXV Deadeye

Was that Alignment change supposed to make things less confusing?

So if there is a Red guy in an NPC not getting zapped, I can't attack him?

Can we get a straight forward system that is explained to us?

Zeiken likes this.
  17. Fawley

Fawley Infernal
    Legend

To me polearms should be a melee wepon for people that suck at melee. Lower DPS but much higher chance of hitting the other player.

onslaught likes this.
  18. Mycke

Mycke Obsidian Golem

This would work too, they are being treated as blue just make them a flavor of blue then.

19. Eleqtriq

Eleqtriq Goblin Scout

[QUOTE="When was the last time this situation happened? We reduced the time to go back to blue from 2 minutes down to 30 seconds a few patches ago.[/QUOTE]

This happened last night - I had just gotten back in a safe area in the Elflands, and the western city killed me passing by it, as it is immediately inside of the lawlful area. I knew that I couldn't enter cities when Grey, but I had no idea cities could kill you outside their walls, and was unprepared. Especially since the city was only a 5 second ride from the lawless area.

EDIT: This was my first major death, as I had safely made it back from farming some Undead Miners for the first time - thought I was safe and then, bam, sniped by a tower while on the road LOL. Knew I was gonna die sometime, just a little bummed it was from a laser beam instead of someone playing better than me!

20. DaveBizzle

DaveBizzle Goblin Warrior

Ive played since the patch and haven't noticed any desynch issues - previously it was a fairly regular occurrence.