Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 19th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jun 19, 2017.

1. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

what if reds can enter those cities regardless of alignment? They then become entirely neutral cities. Anyone can bind there but not attack each other otherwise they get zapped. Instead of having a arbitrary -200 alignment rule

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Foomanchu and Dixie Normus like this.
  2. TryHard

TryHard Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Cool GJ bpg.

3. Amuru

Amuru Skeleton Archer
    Legend

Agreed, server appears to be stable and in the best position since launch.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  4. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

You cannot base any changed off of this thread a lone, that is very small minded and ignorant to think, the amount of people actively using the forums is less than 10 or 20% of the server, ie. The loud minority
    --- Post updated ---
    I will tell you my theory on why they did it>
    Making it so that it is like an back up for all the alignment fuckups that have happened/happening like a blue going red because of a naked dorf jumping in front of an arrow and then letting mobs kill him, this give them a place to bind still to work on going blue from the fuckup crated by BPG

5. Goretusk

Goretusk Goblin Shaman
    Hero

LEMMIE FIX DIS 4 YA:

ALIGNMENT +1000

Purple is your -200-+200, then people chose to go blue or red.

jefftxp, Shadow-Demon, Mycke and 2 others like this.
  6. Big Ed

Big Ed Goblin Shaman
    Supporter

Oh please. Every single argument is stated clearly and with sound reasoning. The only ignorance I see here is you to not seeing that.
    It's a very basic idea to work out. The players, everybody here with the exception of maybe two, and every single person I have talked to in my alliance agrees that the idea is confusing and bad for the game. The only ones it seems not getting it are the devs themselves.

Careful with your accusations when you yourself fit them so well.

#106 Big Ed, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  7. Minouche

Minouche Goblin Scout
    Legend

Fishing Box loot table updated ??? I did fish for 40 mins and all I got is 120 fish and 16 nacre.
    Not woth the time and ship/ fishing net value.

Korag and 23teeth like this.
  8. 23teeth

23teeth New Member

Yup! I'm going on an hour and a half now, and have definitely gotten more fish, but WHERE THE HELL IS THE SQUID?

I JUST WANT 1 SQUID! Actually i want more than 1, i want at least 3+ per hour to make this worth it.

I can easily farm 20k+ per hour gold killing shit, this is such a waste of time.

Make the trawling loot worth our time please, cannot be that difficult, these boats are expensive.

Darkwulf and Carrot Soup like this.
  9. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

It's not even Tuesday yet and the servers are fixed! One day ahead of schedule. Great job BPG.

negocromn, Kilset and Fengor like this.
  10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

I will tell you my theory on why they did it>
    Making it so that it is like an back up for all the alignment fuckups that have happened/happening like a blue going red because of a naked dorf jumping in front of an arrow and then letting mobs kill him, this give them a place to bind still to work on going blue from the fuckup crated by BP
    Never said it was good, do not make assumptions of my opinion based on my comment I simply stated you cannot base a change off of 15 loud kids on a forum.

Chris likes this.
  11. Navlaan

Navlaan Infernal

Good changes besides alignment. At this point just remove the alignment system. or make it so anyone that is red can't go to any towns at all.

Korag likes this.
  12. Anthrage

Anthrage Goblin Scout

I am not new and I too have been killed by towers in this manner, in the version prior to this one. It was due less to the time and more to the way the lines are drawn in some areas of the world for lawful/lawless - there is at least one spot where you can travel in a straight line between 2 NPC cities that are directly next to one another, only meters apart, but go from blue to grey within tower range. If you are within tower range and can find yourself in a lawless area and go grey, and be killed in 3 hits, that's something of a problem, regardless of the timer.

As for the whole orange/red thing, it wasn't just a question of the clarity of the system, but for some, of issues with the colors. Seeing the orange and red used side by side, it may be clear which is which, but seeing orange by itself, it is not as clear for the many people with color-blindness out there. Using Blue and Red to differentiate a meaningful and significant variation in related game mechanics is very clear, using orange and red which are quite similar, is less so. Use of a symbol, perhaps in addition, to these colors, would indeed be a very solid solution which avoids these problems.

13. Stonars

Stonars New Member

As a player with -16 alignment, when players have killed me I have not been given the option to punish their alignment, whether they were rogue or not, this is because I am on the 'evil' side of alignment. Although the outskirt towns still allow me to take refuge within their walls, the capitals from what I've heard are unsafe for me, and also some towns close to the capital cities are unsafe from experience.

14. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

@Andrew

so uh.. when are the meaningful actually needed changes going to occur? we were all of course clamoring about how the game could not be played due to polearms being useless.. and of course we are happy about the fact that reds can now safely tower hug when being chased by blues trying to kill them.. and wtf, why remove the bank and other stuff from a house when the timer goes up? that was literally half the incentive of buying a house....

stop wasting your time, and ours, on changes that were not needed please.

tutorial, UI, hackers.. those are things that need to be addressed.. meanwhile you guys are mucking with polearms and screwing over the crafters so that you don't need to add actual meaningful content.. good job Tasos.
    --- Post updated ---
    it's my opinion, that you should not be in racial npc cities if you have less than 0 alginment. it's a crap change that needs to be scrapped.. if you pk, you should be an outlaw.

Korag likes this.
  15. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Havn't experienced any server lag yet, feels great! Thanks for working so hard to fix it BPG.

Feedback wise, auto parry should be canceled by doing other actions, like swinging a sword or jumping. For example, if you begone to bunny hop and pull out your sword and board to parry, it locks your character into parrying and you have to hit RMB to unparry before being able to jump to bunny hop. I could get somewhat used to it, but i'm sure it'd get me killed just as often as help me.

16. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Auto Parry does not lock parry on, if that is happening then something else must be going on. The only thing auto parry does it send the "parry" command when you press the hotkey for that slot. it should be releasing when you let go.

Fengor likes this.
  17. Shadow-Demon

Shadow-Demon Goblin Warlord
    Legend

What does this "All housing items on any Cottage/House/Villa/Large Villa/Keep that expires will be removed" mean exactly can you clarify?

18. negocromn

negocromn Black Knight
    Legend

died ;D

19. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

When the taxes are too high and you lose the house, the items disappear forever.

negocromn likes this.
  20. Aristos Giannes

Aristos Giannes Cairn Giant
    Hero

Maybe a bug then? If I hold it down the entire time, releasing it does stop parrying. If I just tap the hotkey though it locks my character into parrying