Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - June 5th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Green Chili

Green Chili Spellgazer
    Legend

As at least a fee others have already noted, the only thing that seems a bit out of place is the all dungeons are lawless thing.

On paper, I think this is basically going to kill any chance of blues randomly grouping in a dungeon. Seems bad for newer/solo players. Let's be honest we all know ask first, shoot second doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of working in DF/ROA. Hey, want to grouwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......50% dead.

#81 Green Chili, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  2. Ledwulf

Ledwulf Deadeye
    Supporter

I kinda like the way how its now.

3. cpage01

cpage01 New Member

are there ever going to be daily meditation point tasks outside of dungeons?

Dixie Normus, Drago, Navlaan and 2 others like this.
  4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Patch times work out the way they do because we are a mixed timezone company. It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

Mobs healing each other: We just haven't had the time to circle back on that. We'll likely visit it real soon.

I agree that completely lawless dungeons is a bummer in some regards, but until a proper flagging system is in place it's at least a working alternative.

5. Killa162

Killa162 Crypt Guard

I'll make this easy and short as possible for my questions and praises of the patch.

Annotations
    ^What the hell is this? No explanation other then the functionality that you added to a system I don't even know about or heard of.

Harvesting
    I like the fishing change, allows you to continue fishing with a lower chance of getting a success once the node runs out. Not fighting over fish so much anymore.
    The decrease in ore from player taken areas is going to hurt the economy and player progression. Mages usually wear only bone and maybe a mix of light armors and plate (not full plate with current meta) to be battle ready. With this they'll just switch to bone and be fine. While destro's are locked becuz why wear bone armor, it's practically useless to us. (I main destro)
    As it stands papyrus is at 25-35g depending on who you talk too. Decreasing spawns but yielding more I feel will also drive the price of papyrus up more. Unless papyrus have been increased drop from bushes(gathering) this is also a gathering change mistake. Since scrolls/books are the one way to stay caught up with vets and players that play all the time. Hell I'm destro and I know casual mages/hybrids won't like this that use scrolls to catch up to the current skill gain curve.

Cash Shop
    Will this item be tradeable through other players as to be used as a pseudo Nithron Coin -> Gold conversion tool.

Alignment
    Can you guys elaborate on the mechanics of what counts as assisting a player? Since right after is my next issue/question.......
    "Healing/Buffing can be used to counteract damage if you have accidentally or mistakenly hit a blue player and do not want to take the alignment hit" What does this mean? So if you heal or buff a blue player that isn't counted as assisting? Only if you dmg the player in anyway, spells, melee, or archery DMG. And not any form of healing or buffing to a friendly member that's killing the target that's hurting your friendly in combat with?
    "Recalling from a lawless area to a lawful town should now turn you back blue immediately" - THANK FUCKING LORD.
    "All dungeons except new player city dungeons are now considered lawless areas" - I personally haven't done dungeons yet, since I just farm gold to buy my meditation since it was safer. But now I will definitely stick to doing that if I'm not doing the new tasks. If it was as if someone stated above. Lawless = Lawless Dungeon, Lawful = Lawful Dungeon. If they want to spend $9 on a alt to sit at the entrance of a blue dungeon let them. Go gank another dungeon, or take the risk and go in there. Otherwise this just drives newer people away from dungeons, yes the game is a PvP game but you don't have to directly force every PvE action you take in the game and associate it with PvP. Having some dungeons be law and some be lawless, gives them a choice and a CHANCE of not running into PvP. If a -1000 red wants to gank a lawful dungeon I don't think their there to care about losing any more alignment and there to gank anyone inside to begin with. But if its two blues then at least that blue player going there that's undecided has a choice to make if he wants to befriend or engage the targets inside. Sandbox gameplay is all about choices and decision making friends.

Miscellaneous
    "Items placed and dropped on bags will now place that item inside that bag" You fixed this bug issue but not the portal bag bug? :( R.I.P.
    "Reduced the crafting time of all items by 50%" - I literally just started crafting yesterday, so thank you for making my future crafting quicker :).
    "Book of Rage has been added under Scribing" - Is this the skill "rage" under melee powers? I didn't even know it was levelable... Unless its completely new to be leveled with this patch only. Which in that case sick, more gold sink now LOL :p.

If anyone has any answers or knowledge on anything above please quote it, otherwise I liked the patch notes. For the first big patch DF:RoA is looking good BPG.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  6. Benevolence

Benevolence Akathar
    Supporter

amazing patch. yea not every single issue was fixed, but you are fixing some, tweaking others and adding content all the while. a little bit of everything, and i like it

KingLlama and Killa162 like this.
  7. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Goblin Scout

Why you dont start patching at maintenance time ? What about enchanted gem bug ?

8. Vhyle

Vhyle Goblin Warlord

I have worked in IT for 20 years, and find it odd that down times / reboot times / patch times aren't during the lowest possible usage times? Maybe there are more EU players than NA?

Crusader1 likes this.
  9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

When we patch, especially patches with big changes in them, we want more than just one person awake in case there are issues. Maintenance is just a server restart and doesn't even require a person present.

Fengor, JasonDark, Oresmacker and 2 others like this.
  10. Fawley

Fawley Fire Elemental
    Legend

Isn't the 30 second minimum flagging timer enough now? I can't imagine two blue players grieving each other much without one having to take alignment hit or the aggressor dying.

11. Darkerso

Darkerso Goblin Scout

Well my opinion is if I was a Developer I will focus on New players to make them have more fun in game so that will make them stay in the game and make it grow but I guess every time in any game they think more for the vets of the game than the new players like us who are just trying the game out and can leave at any moment sorry but I think u just lost 50% of the new population with this patch TVM no more fun for me and my friends in dungeon farming RIP.

12. Clarence Swamptown

Clarence Swamptown Black Knight
    Legend

90% of the mainland is a huge blue zone
    red players could already kill you in dungeon
    most mobs (if not all) that are in dungeons also can be found outside

there also was the problem where people trying to get their alignment up in dungeon (you know, the only place where you can get it up other than churches) were attacked by blue players and basically had to choose between going backward and losing even more alignment and kill them or dieing

I see no problems with dungeons being lawless. If anything, maybe keep a few ones lawfull, but majority, specially the best ones, should be lawless.

13. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

i love this patch but.. it can be even better.

gains above 75 were buffed?

14. Prodigy_Burn

Prodigy_Burn Dire Zombie

Devs need focus in new players. Game need be fun to then. All dungeons lawless will going to kill any chance of blues randomly grouping in a dungeon.

Set lawless dungeon only in the iklit ones and in the dungeons at islands.

15. earthwormjim

earthwormjim Goblin Scout

thx. ( its really sad thta eu ppl cant play game in patch day, coth time after work- before going sleep = patch time)
    Pls answer what about gems bug? i asked it 3 time. Why ignore? =( its real annoying bug

16. nuclearping

nuclearping Crypt Guard
    Legend

@MWTaylor Nice patch. But what about important bug fixes ... ?
    • Mobs healing each other with damage spells
    • Bag bug
    • Food bug
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes. This does more bad than good. The alignment system is already as broken as in DFO.

This only works if being Red actually has real consequences, instead of rewards.

Ledwulf likes this.
  17. Crusader1

Crusader1 Goblin Warrior

i agree the time they bring the server down to reset or patch is horrible for most NA players

18. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

The main problem with dungeons had to do with reds that didn't want to fight going in there to gain alignment back and having no choice against blues who do the very same to them as the rogues will do to each other now. For the time being this evens out the playing field.

KingLlama likes this.
  19. Octman

Octman New Member
    Tester

Great stuff keep up the work loving the game again!

20. sup

sup Akathar
    Legend

Patch looks great! Some big things as well as some super helpful QoL additions.

Maybe a good compromise would be a couple blue dungeons on the mainland. The lowest tier ones that are close to starter areas, or maybe even move entrances so it makes more sense why these are the blue ones.