Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - November 13th, 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

also everytime they tried to add a new system they would run into roadblocks with the old persistence (the double clan banks being one of them) so this is the foundation basically that they will be able to build whatever they want upon.

thats how i understand it anyway, but no one has ever accused me of being smart. :D

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Super Star likes this.
  2. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

I wonder how this affects enchanting and scribing though.

3. Kras Treetall

Kras Treetall Akathar
    Affluent Loyal Legend

I am excited that they have made changes that make improving things easier for them. I am ready to hop on because i am curious about what a few things mean.

DestLocke and Volfen like this.
  4. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

There's no list, per-say, it just makes managing the persistence of the game a lot more flexible overall, and also makes identifying what's going on when something doesn't work correctly easier as well, since it won't be such a "black box" anymore when we ultimately make the switch. It will also give us the ability to expand persistence functionality post-launch; the old persistence did not have this ability. @kilrain could probably speak more on the finer details of the benefits.

Fengor, Lakisuria_Moonglade and RoD like this.
  5. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Can't wait to test Village changes and see regional rewards. I am also a bit afraid to think how much I need for 50 enchanting. I was working for a good few days and got almost enough q1 mats to push to 50, but it seems like this update will delay it further.

6. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

I am willing to bet that none of these changes effect enchanting, since there are no tiers of enchants like there are with other skills.

FYI, if nothing changes, it's about 800 enchants to get to 50.

Bobbizzel likes this.
  7. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Yeah I know, the number I had was 820. I'm missing a few catalysts still. Higher quality enchants used to give a little higher gains, so this might be affected by hat too. Not sure if it's intentional or not. If it is, I'd ask for big q2 mat increase from PvE.

8. Ford Prefect

Ford Prefect Frostjarl
    Benefactor Contributor Legend

I actually tested it in DFO. 1 point of q1s vs. 1 point of q4s. Was close enough to the same to call it the same.

9. Rhuk

Rhuk Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Legend

From the description - first thoughts looks like a kick in the teeth to crafting, this makes it harder not easier.
    • Diminishing returns on Crafting:
      • Once you reach one “level” (25) above an item’s crafting requirement, a new diminishing returns system will kick in.
      • You will get a system message with the % of total experience gained from each craft that is not receiving maximum experience.
      • Diminishing returns starts @ roughly 55% and decreases as you get further and further from the item’s skill requirement

Is this is a stick to try stop people crafting 1000's of low level items - where is the carrot to enable crafters to make stuff relevant to there level that has value to other players and the tools to give them the ability to trade it ?

I think we just shifted from making 1000s of useless r0, to making 1000 of useless r10, r20, r30 and so on ... Just makes it harder to get the materials to level crafting.

10. Traxon

Traxon Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I like the crafting UI changes certainly and it will be interesting to see what the effect of the weapon shuffling is. The fact that you can now see the weapons in the next crafting rank will allow crafters to plan ahead to aquire mats and use them more efficiently. I haven't had any experience of the village capping as yet so won't see what effect it has.

11. mrW

mrW Black Knight
    Legend

Yeah but once the vendors come in you need to fill in these r20s / r30s for new players to use cheap. There needs to be a big supply for player driven economy.

12. Dixie Normus

Dixie Normus Black Knight
    Legend

they could also add Bulk Order Deeds such as uo had to say turn in 100 r20 gs for a reward. could even make it cosmetic rewards such as skins or colors that crafters could modify their crafts with. for instance also to bite off uo ; blaze cloth. so tailors could make colorful bags/clothes/sails on boats.

13. VVolfgang

VVolfgang Fire Elemental
    Legend

ETA on server up?

14. Kras Treetall

Kras Treetall Akathar
    Affluent Loyal Legend

I personally wish that there was a way to make "normal everyday" gear not be so high end. I do not see a problem with making items that will actually be used instead of items that you trash when finished. Everybody does not need to craft their own items anyway, maybe the changes they made have a bigger picture in mind. That is what i am betting on.

Dixie Normus likes this.
  15. Scrubby Bear

Scrubby Bear Eodrin
    Hero

If only they weren't completely useless to even newbies.
    I generally hold out until r40. You can just use your starter weapon until 75 skill and save yourself a shit load of gold.
    Early on you need all the gold you can get for other things. r30s and below just end up eating into that gold.
    They are basically pointless to buy. Pretty much craft it yourself or just newbie wep it till r40's are practical for you to acquire.

Fengor, leth1337 and Rhuk like this.
  16. Spike Spiegel

Spike Spiegel Goblin Shaman
    Legend

^

Bobbizzel likes this.
  17. DestLocke

DestLocke Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Scribing works like the rest of the crafts, so it would apply the same way. That said, scribing gains in general are low right now which i'll address next patch.

Enchanting is a different beast altogether, and remains the same at this point in time; which is the gain is static based on the level of enchanting only (I believe, I took a quick look), and the quality of the enchant has no effect on that. I'd probably go the route of better ingredients modifying the base amount, so better ingredients = more xp.

RootedOak, Magos, Super Star and 2 others like this.
  18. Rhuk

Rhuk Goblin Shaman
    Loyal Legend

No they wont use the r20 and r30 for cheap (at least not in any volume), remember those same player vendors will sell r40 and r50s.

Supply isn't the issue - its a medium of exchange that's missing (and for r20/r30 demand), and the actual viability of the lower end gear is garbage.

@Dixie Normus - Yeah they could add trade quests, to add some value to low end garbage - more content is good, however crafting is one of the gold sinks in the DF economy, this is going to be difficult to really fix without pumping too much gold out there.

19. Volfen

Volfen Celestial
    Staff Member Developer Loyal Legend

Sweet. I got the impression scribing was ignoring the type of item being made as well while I was grinding it.

What about cases like taming and armorsmithing mastery where there are gaps of 50 levels though? Isn't this a pretty huge nerf to both?

20. Super Star

Super Star Oak Lord
    Legend

Well they have lightly spoke upon adding vendors to npc cities that players can rent out at a later point in time. That would at least completely fill the void of noobies that are blue and are looking for gear to buy. They also just reduced the value of mob dropped gear, again moving towards making crafters a rewarding profession. All steps in the right direction.

Rhuk likes this.