Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Notes - November 4th, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Stormgraive
    Tester

Liking the updates and activity, going to have to use up a game time so I can be ready to play.

Remove screen shake when there are more then 10 players on the map plz (or just entirely) <3 <3

onslaught and WithoutShame like this.
  3. KingLlama

KingLlama Earth Elemental
    Supporter Lifetime

Good patch overall. Any news on act items?

4. Chantree

Chantree Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Like the regionalising ...

Dislike the portal shard and spawn scaling nerf. I must have missed the vote on this one.

Marxman likes this.
  5. Dotix

Dotix Gravelord
    Wealthy Legend

So you remove shards and stones from the vendor but don't update a spawn to introduce the items in a better form.

So you finally get some new players and nerf the rare golems so new players have a way harder time getting ore than all the people that have been stacked for months. Idk what you guys were thinking but that was probably not a good idea. If I was a new player I wouldn't wanna put in hours for items that people have stacked already.

Not to mention the fact that people probably bought hundreds of p shards and now you created a corrupted market value for all of these items especially for new players needing to now spend more money on items people have had in their bank for months.

6. Kantor

Kantor Varangian Warthane
    Prosperous Legend

Rip so now I have to wait 10 mins for a sele golem to spawn just to get 3 ores lol great.

Chantree and Marxman like this.
  7. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Sooo were mobs buffed on portal shards and runes or just villages? If not, that needs to change. Shouldnt be forced to do villages for portal shards and current mobs arent reliable for them. Aka ghosts in df1 for shards, cairn giants for runes, etc. Rest sounds alright IF there is a wipe. Just hurts new players while vets all got to farm this busted ass mechanic. My opinion anyways as 1 of the richer people.

Featherbeans, Mea Kulpa and Fengor like this.
  8. nightblighter

nightblighter Deadeye
    Patron

From Discord:

Neilk Today at 5:33 AM

10 people have more than 100 shard and nobody has more than 200

Metalkon(HeadGM) Today at 6:27 AM

The monster drop rates of portal shards and runestones have not been changed and are the same as they were at launch at this time, though which monsters were good for portal shards and runestones have not been widely known it seems which has caused some players to struggle with farming them.

I will not give any specifics but I can say that mage-type monsters are best for portal shards where rock golem-type monsters are the best for runestones.

9. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Just a clarification as we understand there's going to be some concern over portal shards and runestones access with them not on vendors. When we put them there it was as a convenience and gold sink however it made the porting far too easy which wasn't the intention. We wanted runebooks to be available for players to get around the world but constantly porting everywhere multiple times an hour wasn't the intention. This also caused a removal of a common hotspot and player market for these items as the low cost from the vendors caused players to simply always buy them. We've buffed portal shards on the village drops as a good source of them, giving you a shard or two on average every couple villages. We will be having a follow up patch planned for Friday that is going to put in a few hotspots with a high droprate for portal shards and some hotspots for runestones.

Currently runestones already have a droprate off pretty much every mob at a very rare rate with a harder mobs that drop them more often. Mage-type monsters were given more portal shards drops with the harder the difficulty the better the drop chance for them. We added one particular spawn in the last patch that would be great for portal shards ;).

When we added them on the vendors we didn't have a market to get them from easily, now with the market players can provide these to other players which will be a great regular market for PvE players to supply. More changes will happen this week with another small patch to create more hotspots and we'll be looking at upgrading specific mob spawns to larger spawns to make them group farmable as well as adding some more portal shard/rune hotspots.

KingLlama, Fengor, AbbaSalama and 2 others like this.
  10. Dotix

Dotix Gravelord
    Wealthy Legend

Although extremely late I like the need to go get the shards and stones, but for new players you didn't address my concerns over them getting rare or in any bulk now considering it is probably more viable to run around and look for veins than a new player trying to farm golems with low drops when the majority has endless ore.

11. Volfen

Volfen Spellgazer
    Legend

Based on the world map, you guys put neithal golems in ruby and theyril on nif. This is backwards (theyril nodes spawn on ruby and neithal nodes spawn on nif).

Edit: The only mobs I've seen drop more portal shards since launch are evil eyes, with them dropping like 6/hour with spawn scaling. I'm for removal of runes and shards from vendors, but with portal shard drop rates similar to DFO where ghosts and shadow knights dropped them a lot of the time.

Myater likes this.
  12. Grisvok

Grisvok Skeleton Archer

It’s 2018. I want convenience. This is a stupid change for new players. If you wanted to do open market for runestones it would be ok. Like unlocking travel. But shards should be available and cheap from a a vendor. Virtually every modern mmo has cheap fast travel for a reason. Guess we’re going to try making stupid features that should be simple into market sinks again though for the millionth time. Let’s see if it works this time.

MaxiHori and Lexam like this.
  13. Myater

Myater Eodrin
    Hero

Bdo, 1 of the more popular mmos atm, is local banking and shit ass travel so gonna disagree with that. Not many mmos today also just BRs

14. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

SHADOW SPIRITS ARE BACK BABY

Fengor likes this.
  15. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Portal shard change was real dumb. wtf were you thinking?

"Hey so uh, everyone's buying and no one's selling on the market, gold is inflated, so we decided to remove a major gold sink, fuck you." - BPG.

Good job guys.
    --- Post updated ---
    This is so out of touch it's infuriating. REVERT NOW, SAVE US SOME TIME.

Do you honestly think there's going to be a thriving portal shard market in a week? Why would ANYONE sell portal shards for gold?

Do you not realize that the runebooks / portal shards literally turned the dead economy around? This was before the market even.

You have literally no idea how your own game's economy works, like wtf? HOW? It's like you operate under the assumption that gold has inherent value - IT DOESN'T. Gold only had as much value as reagents and portal shards.

16. BeatIt

BeatIt Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

have to agree on this, it was a great gold sink not sure why it was removed from vendors

just 2x the gold cost of portal shards and make wilderness portal chambers link whit ea other.

#16 BeatIt, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Quin Tessence likes this.
  17. Inositol

Inositol Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I used 14~30 shards a day. Now what am I supposed to do? Walk? Fuckin' nah, I'll hit that logout button.

18. Blixxer

Blixxer Wildtribe Mage
    Hero

REVERT

Fengor likes this.
  19. Fengor

Fengor Obsidian Golem

EB807EDF-58B4-4B73-B5CA-C9C838B9B29F.png

20. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Loyal Legend

Wait. So you added portal shards to vendors because there was no where to reliably get them in game (your change btw) and now out of the blue you remove them from vendors without reintroducing a way to get them other than doing villages which cost portal shards to get to? Fucking lol.

Sero likes this.