Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion - Patch Update 7/12/2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilrain, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

For me many old players come back...and many new players try rise of agon after the release of the new armour patch but only if bpg make an trailer or publicity ...

2. Rimamok

Rimamok Spellgazer
    Legend

I’m sure that Team C (advertising) will get right on that.

3. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

The armor patch is not the combat I'm talking about. They've now put that aside again it seems. They are spending time on a combat revert. It will never ever end until they stand their ground and just develop the game without listening to all the combat screeching.

Raap likes this.
  4. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

After 10 years and seeing the exact same result half a dozen times you'd THINK everyone here would realize by now that there is something fundamentally WRONG with the game.

Just because those still playing like it well enough, doesn't mean ENOUGH OTHER PEOPLE DO for the game to be viable.

Truly fixing it would require some things the few people still playing wouldn't like, at least not initially.

But some of them would rather have things 100% their way and keep playing with 200 than BPG doing things they don't like in order to have a chance at thousands.

This game will NEVER be populated appropriately without fundamental changes AND a wipe/relaunch to draw people back into actually trying the changed game.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Raap, propain and Buffalo Spaceman like this.
  5. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

This revert on test server?

6. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Yes

7. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Loyal Hero

Will definitely donate for the first time right after the combat revert patch if it's good.

8. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

We dont have many players because anyone know rise of agon lol

Revert....armor patch...and much publicity first to release ember of war and maybe you need another server....

9. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor Hero

@Auron , ti scongiuro, lezionuccia d'Inglese - SUBITO! E fermati prima di scrivere nei forums dopo fumare delle zibalde, bombe, miccie, canoni - chicco! :D
    Noi vogliamo tanto che il gioco sia migliore che il più che parliamo peggio è.
    Il meglio è lasciare andare. Piu uno parla piu loro cambiano. Dio cane.
    Ma andassero a prendere nel secchio e ad imparare a fare delle scelte per loro stessi, no?

Questo è un ciclo che si ripete: dopo que il combat alla vanilla darkfall arriva e se le cose non vano bene già lo sento" si ma noi abbiam fatto i cambiamenti che la comunità ha voluto"...

C'è una parvenza d'organizzazione in questa azienda che pure Rhino Gaetano si sconvolge dentro la cassa dove riposa.

Ma il cielo è sempre più blu!

Bella! :D

Auron and MaxiHori like this.
  10. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Haha si hai ragione a volte passa la voglia di dargli consigli visto che non ascoltano..almeno il più delle volte...il problema è che io sono più testardo di loro hehe piantala con sta storia dell inglese tanto meglio di cosi non posso fare lol per fortuna che fanno il revert stava assomigliando troppo a quello schifo di new dawn quelli si che si fumavano i cannoni non io haha bella !

#70 Auron, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Featherbeans likes this.
  11. SinSemilla

SinSemilla Air Elemental
    Loyal Tester

Just my random semi monthly post on a game I have lost hope on.

Something changed with one of the gui changes that makes your fps plummet unless you have a very limited hot bar setup. Using minimal slots bount for spells/items/anything on the hot bars.

When you start binding multiple staves to spells and weapons to attacks then you get these dumb .01 FPS drops that are not noticeable to many but, I can't get past it. (Can play when you cut the binds and items down on the hot bar but, it's something to do with the files writ/read on the hd while playing., kind of like the lag you get for every spell when you first log on)

I have had multiple friends test this to make sure it was not just me, easily able to be replicated.

Saw something in the post about runebook changes and I just assume they're being screwed up more, if not more power to yas, hope you make them useful.

Runebook recalls should cost near nothing.

This giant game having people run all over still (yes you can rune/portal chamber for a high cost) is silly. Take one from Ultima Online, Traveling faster to get into action is better. Even though people complain about it saying sieges would get messed up. Not if everyone can travel faster to runes they have. Action would just be that much more accessible.

Hope it can be brought around but, I really have given up.

Wish everyone the best, maybe someday cyas all again.

Back to UO <3

Methodico likes this.
  12. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We chose to target casual players at the beginning of the project, we aren't going to go back on that decision now.

Our focus with game progression for the future is around non PvP related goals. Things like collectibles, customisations and PvE related progression is where our plans are for long term progression. Combat viability on a skills and equipment level is aimed towards causal players being viable with little time investment. We don't want casual players to feel they can never catch up to established players which is why you can get combat skills and stats up to a powerful level in a short time.

Scrapnotcrap, Chantree and Sique like this.
  13. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Is this before or after TCS? Before or after an Arena?

BeatIt likes this.
  14. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

You know how there is no such thing as Santa Claus. Apply that logic to TCS and an Arena.

15. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Crypt Guard
    Patron

What types of PvE progression are you guys thinking about? Also are there any plans to make PvP activities that are more casual friendly at some point (similar to say battlegrounds in WoW).

16. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

As far as horizontal and non pvp progression it's going to take a lot of thinking outside the box, like the thread I posted about separating pve and pvp. I don't have any concrete answers atm for you, but as we come up with things we'll have more discussions.

For the casual pvp I have plans in the works to make creating events easier and even automated. At some point they will mimic what you're talking about to a degree.
    --- Post updated ---
    Crafting will have a nice addition to it that will provide a long time of development as well as rid the world of low dura items :D

17. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

Mobs points.
    Easy way to make EVERY mob valuable.
    Easy way to add character progression.
    Easy way to add incentive to them like using these points to buy nithron coin or ever stuff off a dev made market for gear. Even could have a market you could only sell stuff for mob point on..when these kinds points can be used for progression AND buying stuff hell ya people would be legit farming every mob on the map.

18. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Quasi quasi continuo a scrivere in italiano tanto non rispondono...se non altro mi risparmio la fatica di "scrivere" in inglese e che fatica porca bestia haha

Featherbeans and Methodico like this.
  19. Celebriant

Celebriant New Member

From Italy with love! Ciao AURON! :hearteyes:

MaxiHori, Methodico and Auron like this.
  20. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

Ciao Cele !!!

Celebriant and Methodico like this.