Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion - Patch Update 7/12/2019

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilrain, Jul 13, 2019.

1. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

So is this PvE progression stuff going to happen before or after TCS and Arena?

2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

TCS is a compilation of many components being delivered over time including the clan window rework in this coming patch because it is needed in order to further advance it. Then alliances, clan platinum, city upkeep, and land conquest and more are all part of it as well. So while it feels like nothing is happening, it’s been happening for a while now.

Whatever is decided for pve progression can be added at any time depending on its scope.

there are no immediate plans for an arena. We have some ideas but it isn’t something that can be thrown into the mix as easily as other things and were not even 100% sure it’s going to be a thing.

3. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

kilrain it's possible add. one chaos stone for every area of the game whit banc and towers and give to the blue players the possibility to respawn in the nearest one ? and use the rune book for recall to Wilderness Portals?

this would create many hot spots

4. Chantree

Chantree Dire Zombie
    Wealthy Legend

Very frustrated to hear this. Arena was listed in your embers of war package and you guys received thousands in donations for it.

The Red King and Sameog like this.
  5. Brando Pando

Brando Pando Dire Zombie
    Patron

Right on! Definitely not a priority but I think having forms of casual pvp (structured setting with no risk of gear loss) would help get newer players interested in pvp which really is the heart of DF. A ctf mode would fit very well considering all the movement spells and would be a good way to do some pvp without the stress/frustration of losing gear.

6. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Not trying to sound like a dick, but your post about separating pve/pvp was a giant train wreck and was heavily voted against, please don’t waste time or resources into something the community has spoken/voted on and then have to revert it. I know this would never happen but they say history repeats itself.

7. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

And yet here we are with people requesting more ways to grind their character.

8. Methodico

Methodico Stormgraive

"Seriously, it's not a big deal. Hold my beer"
    Hey im still holding your beer for house updates...

The Cannibal likes this.
  9. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

This doesn't have any relevance with the conversation nor does it represent anything other than other things taking priority.

Appreciate the memory though ;)

Methodico likes this.
  10. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Winterbound
    Wealthy Legend

The soul purpose of all these discussion post are to distract you from reality.

11. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

Where are they going to find time to develop that stuff between the reverts of the reverts of the reverts of the reverts for combat. Maybe in 15 years when the remaining 15 people are happy with the combat, then we can work on making a game that other people actually enjoy.

The Red King, Fengor and Degamra like this.
  12. Featherbeans

Featherbeans Infernal
    Contributor Hero

I've been saying this for the last 6 months on discord.
    Or we are talking about something similar but different.

After putting skils after skills, weapons on top of weapons in the Gui hotbar I noticed that inside dungeons with shallow water i would have something like millions of micro fps stutters, some slideshowish fluidity in the action, even if the fps would not drop below 200 - strange AF.

In my case one thing that helped was installing Intel Clock Controler Service (ICC S Proxy).

I have an old gen i7 OC'd to almost 4Ghz with an old gen chipset and somehow i had uninstalled ICC.

I dug some info about it and found out that if you don't have ICC loaded "(...)with older chipsets, it will also disable the ability to do clock bending (meaning you may get additional screen flicker)." Quote from Linus Tech tips Forums.

NEvertheless with less items on the gui shit is WAY more smoother. - that i can confirm.
    That's why I'm not playing. How can I when i have no spells slotted... :p (last sentence was a joke anyway, rest is real talk)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #92 Featherbeans, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    SinSemilla likes this.
  13. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

HEY GUESS WHAT? THIS GAME DOES NOT SURVIVE WITH THE CURRENT COMMUNITY ALONE, BUT IT CAN SURVIVE WITHOUT THIS POPULATION IF WE GET NEW PEOPLE, SO HOW ABOUT YOU LET THEM DEVELOP THEIR FUCKING GAME THEIR WAY?
    There are two outcomes to that, they fuck it up and Darkfall dies, or they don't fuck it up and it lives a bit longer.

Wanna know what happens if they keep catering to the "community"? The same thing thats been happening for years, they game bleeds and it will die, 100% for sure.

I don't think a single fucking person on these forums wants this game to succeed, they just want it to be exactly what they want individually.

14. Sameog

Sameog Crypt Guard
    Legend

I had restored faith for a while when you announced embers of war would have arena. What a cock tease. Darkfall combat is the only good thing going for the game. But the game is designed in a way that people want to avoid it... and we wonder why the game is dying?

The Red King likes this.
  15. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

I’ve searched and can’t find where it was stated that an arena of any kind would be coming with embers. I could be wrong, just can’t find it.

Regardless, I know I’ve mentioned that we’ve been discussing ways to handle it internally and that any progress on one would happen after tcs. However like I mentioned above the next steps are getting event systems in place to evolve them into automated matches which would be similar to battlegrounds. A 1v1 or XvX instanced arena which is what I assume you were referring to would take more work and resources to complete.

16. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

But if the grind doesn't do anything to make you stronger in PvP almost no one is going to give a shit about it or waste time doing it.

That's a lot of wasted Dev time to add something that most people won't care about

17. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

I’d argue that you’re thinking like a strictly pvp player which only a few are and that you can still get plenty of advantage without being a direct pvp character advantage.

Rimamok likes this.
  18. Sameog

Sameog Crypt Guard
    Legend

https://forums.riseofagon.com/threads/embers-of-war-expansion.17856/

"Arena System with Rankings
    • New special arena area with ranking system, spectating, and practice pits
    • Sign up to fight for riches or glory and prove yourself the ultimate gladiator.
    • Unique titles for top ranked fighters in the arena
    • Arenas of varying sizes for battles including small and medium sized groups
    • Practice and sharpen your skills as a newcomer and once sharpened use your skills to challenge the top elite of the world!"

19. Adam Worth

Adam Worth Goblin Scout
    Hero

Im living overseas these days but I made a new character two weeks ago on a visit home! :)

So I have avtually tested progression changes very recently.

I enjoyed it alot and I will pick it up again when I next get a chance.

Took me two weeks to make a decentish char with a super basuc bank and enough crafting to live clanless in self sufficiency.

It would take me many more months to build a pvp ready bank and work on crafting masteries. Thats a good amount of prigression for me - after which the game requires content and conflict to drive the log ins.

Using character grind as a smoke screen for lack of content is a terrible approach imo.

On topic - does this revert mean we get unburden spell back?! Really missed that spell. I would like to play heavy hybrid but without self buffs and unburden uts more gimp than ever :(

Brando Pando likes this.
  20. Scrapnotcrap

Scrapnotcrap Eodrin
    Hero

Sure if you are buying gold