Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Patch Update - Oct. 20th, 2017

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Community Manager
    Staff Member BPG Representative Game Designer

Hi everyone,

We know all of you are eagerly awaiting our next patch, and we greatly appreciate everyone who has helped test out the upcoming changes on the Public Test Server (PTS). You guys have helped us uncover bugs and issues that we have since been able to address, but there remain a few Quality Assurance tasks that must be accomplished before we patch.

Although we will not be patching today, our goal is to tackle these last few issues throughout the weekend so we can be ready to patch early next week.

Also, over the weekend we will be releasing our new Road Map page where players can vote on what Confirmed Features / Sketch Pad ideas they deem take development priority. This voting will be open to any account that has ever had 30 days of active game time since launch, which includes those who have utilized a Game Time Token. These accounts can still vote if they are not currently active, as long as they meet the criteria of having had 30 days or more of active game time on their accounts.

Thank you for your patience as we iron out the last few kinks with this upcoming patch, and have a great weekend.

Sincerely,

- The Team at Big Picture Games

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 MWTaylor, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Oresmacker, SinSemilla, Frank and 4 others like this.
  2. Myater

Myater Cairn Giant
    Hero

That moment you realize this discussion was made a little over an hour ago and this is the first reply to it and it only has 30 views!

3. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

ugh good luck

4. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday! Get your Patch on Tuesday! Mr Taylor, you must quit setting expectations 2 weeks before the actual patch, of a patch being patched in. Just some advice, from your friendly neighborhood SHARK MOUNT enthusiast.

5. MWTaylor

We actually tried to give ourselves more flexibility and gave an ETA past when we expected to finish, but you guys helped find a lot of things we did not initially catch on the PTS that we want to address before patching.

It's tough not to give an ETA when everyone is hammering us for one, and it's disappointing when we cannot meet one when we do despite our best attempts. We would rather take our time and tackle as many issues as we can before releasing it to the live server, which is why we opened up the PTS in the first place.

6. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

You do not have to give into those Bullies. Stand up for yourself and tell em! No way! The patch will be ready on Tuesday! Which one? GUESS PUSSIES!

7. streaml1ne

streaml1ne Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

Please please please mass email a notification about this to the entire player base.

8. MWTaylor

That's already the plan, we are releasing our newsletter in the coming days that will talk about this, the patch, and our free period coming up the end of this month.

9. bobisback

bobisback New Member

Dam I wish I read this before I just put money into this game. I really wanna like it but I hate wasting money to haha.

We shall see, downloading the game now to try out haha.

10. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

Hope it's a goodie. Probably a lot of us waiting for a good patch to start playing again.

11. MWTaylor

This is the content of the patch that is coming out. Once we release it we will move on to other tasks in our road map.

The new road map page should be out today if all goes well, I'll make an official announcement once it is live.

Check your private messages, I sent you a little something as a sign of appreciation :blush:

We would also love to hear your feedback, especially after our next patch, so don't be shy in letting us know your thoughts after you get some time to play!

onslaught likes this.
  12. onslaught

onslaught Black Knight
    Affluent Loyal Patron

It's fine imo. A lot of people on the sidelines including myself just kinda waiting and seeing. If they make the right moves and put the right stuff into the game a lot of people will come back. A lot of Darkfall players play other games together, word of mouth spreads fast, they just have to add in the right stuff.

13. Vader2103

Vader2103 Goblin Shaman

Damn Tasos delayed it again big suprise

Prodigy_Burn and Rigon like this.
  14. bobisback

bobisback New Member

I got it, thanks!

I look forward to seeing what you guys have done with the game. i played the original darkfall for many years since its beta lunch. I did love the game but there was more things I disliked about it then liked. Alot of the changes you guys have proposed look really promising towards fixing alot of my issues I had with darkfall.

I eagerly await the download to check it out. keep up the good work.

15. CottonEyeJoe

CottonEyeJoe Crypt Guard

Its a Friday in the AM in the US. Sorry not all of us run to forums at work and watch any breaking news! Trust me, a lot of people are waiting on these patches.

You're in a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. The best idea is just to keep 'trying' to set public goals, and if you hit them great, if not, ohh well. Your customer base is a bunch of addicts. We can only get that rush from Darkfall. And lets face it, your product is better than DNDs, so if you can only smooth the edges, make travel easier, etc etc, you will be fine. But, expect people to hate on you regardless of what you do. My tip, if you think it'll take 4 weeks for a project, tell us 6. So if you get it done in 4 your a hero! Your ahead of schedule!

This. There was a ton of us who came to ROA, and then left for different reasons or another. But I'm pretty sure each group has someone w/ an eye/ear on the project and waiting for the moment to come back.

---Off Topic---

Where are my retractable nets? Seas need life. Life on the great oceans of Agon, are retractable net dependent.

DAlonso likes this.
  16. Wes Furtive

Wes Furtive Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Blizzard never rushes anything, even when their shareholders demand it. They just deliver a solid polished product.

17. GrimReapiN

GrimReapiN Chosen of Khamset
    Contributor

I mean, its a pretty big patch honestly....

18. ThiefGarrett

ThiefGarrett Earth Elemental
    Contributor

This. People tend to underestimate what is being changed or added. Some people compare "Game X" adding new quests every month to adding new mechanics, new 3d models, the works. There's a pretty big difference.

19. Sean Connery

Sean Connery Fire Elemental
    Tester

BPG is nice if it was me I would have saved all these patches up and called it an expansion pack and charged an extra 10 dollars to access the rune book content.

20. Rigon

Rigon Windlord
    Legend

Darkfall 2010