Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Pricing & Development Structure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hugo, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Erock

Erock Varangian Warthane
    Legend

We all wish :p There's been a lot of time and finances paid out of pocket by team members just to make this a reality, just to try to make Alpha free, just to try to bring this gem of a game back. I don't think some you guys fully grasp the cost of buying a gaming license from another company. Nor the amount of man hours put into this project. I wish I could say more, but I can't. Just know that all of your support continues to go towards to game itself and not in our pockets.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    BootyEater69 likes this.
  2. Ultra Combo

Ultra Combo Spellgazer

Can't wait to give you 200 dollars for me and my son. Kids 9 but his potential for darkfall is in his blood. He already eats kids in online consul games.

DestLocke likes this.
  3. DAlonso

DAlonso Finance Lead
    Team Lead

While this is true and almost every MMO pricing model is F2P with cash shops and things like that, we already have seen that this model for Darkfall is really difficult to implement (DF UW, Korea).
    It can really put in compromise between keeping the ground base to be a competitive game and being financially sustainable.

We will try to alleviate the problem you are showing, developing a "PLEX" system ala EVE.

BootyEater69 likes this.
  4. Cruz DF

Cruz DF Deadeye
    Prosperous Benefactor Contributor

A PLEX system in my opinion is a great solution. Black markets will happen, at least implementing a PLEX like system the company gets the money in this scenario and not rando123. Also another note is that players can play for free by playing which is appealing to a wider audience. The downside is that someone is paying and getting rich in game off other people, but like I believe those types of players WILL do that one way or another off the black market, it just becomes a little more common and the company gains the profit lost.

5. Down Under

Down Under New Member
    Legend

This type of news just makes me more and more excited for the games testing phases as well as the actual game :D

6. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

Darkfall, the blood pumping homicidal experience your entire family can enjoy.

aparks likes this.
  7. Circa

Circa Black Knight
    Legend

I think the packs are a great idea to fund the game while in development. I really think the sub should cost $9.99. I'm sure a lot of us will pay the $15 because we know what DF brings to the table, something about new players will not try an older game for $15 a month. Also I think you guys should add guaranteed alpha access with the Legendary pack.

Furion likes this.
  8. Azane

Azane New Member

Give me a $200 founders pack to guarantee being in first day of alpha please.

9. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Gravelord
    Supporter

I don't mind the 15 a month fee, but the entries into beta/public beta ect is kinda expensive and why does each beta have an increased in cost?

10. Arkonis

Arkonis Goblin Scout
    Supporter

Take my money already. Time to step into a time capsule and fast forward life a bit.

11. Furion

Furion Skeleton Archer
    Contributor Legend

Do we know How long the founder packs will be available for ? I just wondered as I think a few people are split between RoA and DND. If both companies bring out alphas at the same time I think the majority of people will play rise just a lot of people also l are waiting for the alpha before pledging money ( at least people it know ) it would be nice if the founder packs will still be available after alpha launch :) if your alpha is good and has the most population I think in terms of funding it will be amazing.

If you could let us know when you plan on stopping the founder packs that would be amazing

12. Suncross

Suncross Ghost

Sounds good! I guess I'll make a running jump onto the founders pack train.

I had a question. The last two packs offer game time. One is "launch game time," and the other more expensive pack is just "game time." Is there a difference, or is it all just launch game time?

BootyEater69 likes this.
  13. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Both are launch game time.

Suncross likes this.
  14. zander

zander Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

What does it mean for the Hero and Legendary founder packers when it says
    " Unlimited public beta access" and "Unlimited beta access".

If you don't have atleast the hero founder pack does this mean during the public beta you may be locked out of the servers at time and Hero packs and above just will have the ability to skip any server queues?

Also will purchase of the Hero or Legendary pack guarantee access during the Alpha period/closed beta period or will this simply be luck of the draw from the sign-up pool?

All that said like the looks of the pricing structure, when you factor it all out they all seem to be fair deals for the customer.

15. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Fixed this inconsistency. Both are the same.

The Hero & Legend Packs, as far as Public Beta is concerned, will never have to pay a pre-launch subscription. Non-Founders have equal access to the Public Beta but will have to pay a subscription.

Founder packs do not influence Alpha access as we made a promise to the community to have a free Alpha with equal access for everyone.

#95 Hugo, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
    BootyEater69, Suncross and zander like this.
  16. IsilithTehroth

IsilithTehroth Gravelord
    Supporter

Okay so Alpha is free with the same chance for everyone to get in. Closed Beta and Public Beta both will be given to both Hero and Legendary packs and with no monthly fee; while founder will be choosen at random and pay at 15 monthly fee?

17. Eagleglow

Eagleglow Ghost
    Hero

Im going crazy about this 15 dollars a month come on.
    A pizza with a soda cost 15 dollars, a tripp down to the store for some snacks costs 15 dollars, its just stupid. You get unlimited 30 day gametime with no extra costs.
    I spend sometimes 50 dollars in one month on LoL for some stupid skinn sales.
    Almost all free mmorpgs have a premium 15 dollar sub that you need to have to play the game at the high end. Stupid kids.
    F2P is a nother word for come here and spend your money.
    The only f2p game i played is LoL that you can play totally for free at all lvls.

Carrot Soup likes this.
  18. inDef

inDef Dire Zombie
    Legend

And Path of Exile. Path of Exile is by far the best F2P model game out there.

19. RagnarokDel

RagnarokDel Frostjarl
    Hero

IF you paid more then 10k/y you overpaid greatly. We're not talking about a license for WoW. We're talking about a game that 1. was not a financial success. 2. Had less then 5k active subscriptions when the servers got canned.

20. Fornicator

Fornicator New Member

I'll definitely be buying in when this comes out, super excited for a dev team that gives a shit