Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Pricing & Development Structure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hugo, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Australian

Australian Crypt Guard
    Supporter

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if AV pulled 500k + 50% of revenue and it only being a temporary licence they have to renew in 2 years.

aparks likes this.
  2. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

It is

3. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Name reservation. How is it going to work? When do you choose the name and what will prevent me from stealing someone's name if i buy the pack 5 mins earlier?

4. Carrot Soup

Carrot Soup Celestial
    Legend

<looks up from staring at his watch>

HOW SOON IS SOON?! TAKE MY MONEY!!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. vhuxtable

vhuxtable Goblin Scout
    Legend

Take. my. money.

6. RoD

RoD Undead Dwarf
    Wealthy Legend

MY MONEY TAKE!!

DAlonso likes this.
  7. Wozno

Wozno Goblin Warlord
    Legend

Maybe i missed this info somewhere, but as far as i know, everything will be wiped after both alpha and beta. I really want to play darkfall, but im unsure i wanna redo the teadious tasks of lvling 3 times (not counting original game) and i have a feeling the hype could die because of this. At the same time i realize its prob for the best for the game to wipe before releast but.... Anyone else having similar feelings?

8. gosti

gosti Frostjarl
    Legend

Wipes always hurt in mmos, I hate them too, but that's what alpha/beta tests are for. There will be bugs that can effect economy or skill progress. Those need to be fixed to give everyone fair chances, so wipes are inevitable until release.

BootyEater69 and PENETRATOR like this.
  9. Swing

Swing Infernal
    Legend

I think most of us are used to wipes by now. :S

I threw my credit card at the screen and it bounced back, any time frame on the Founder pack being released?

10. Lakisuria_Moonglade

Lakisuria_Moonglade Varangian Warthane
    Legend

That's assuming skill-gains aren't hastened for the purpose of Alpha/beta. Give or take phases for testing the meditation system and skill gain pace itself. In any case, I doubt they intend for maxing characters before being pvp ready to be a thing. If you are a max-out a character player to enjoy yourself then you may not wish to participate in the alpha-beta.

Ultimately, play or don't play the game knowing the circumstances, I'll be damned if a wipe or two stops me from playing arguably the best MMO in my history of gaming. (With or without it's flaws)

FKNrocked likes this.
  11. Furion

Furion Skeleton Archer
    Contributor Legend

To be honest if its just wipes at the end of each test then its really not that bad... However if it's wipes every so often, every week etc o.0.. then there's only so much people can take until they get burnt out/bored.

12. Hugo

Hugo Gravelord

Wiping is a neccessity during testing phases, as is maintaining the possibility of a wipe should it be required for any of our implementation. However it's worth remembering that the game itself was a release standard so we won't be subject to the traditional expectation of frequent wipes you would associate with early Pre-Alpha/Alpha servers.

Wipes between phases will be vital in allowing the public the opportunity to experience our treatment of character development and provide important feedback on reaching the best possible experience. Should any additional wipes occur, it's likely these will be neccessary to usher in feature additions or new content which we're sure will be welcomed.

13. Gravely Diggs

Gravely Diggs Goblin Warrior
    Legend

+1000, THIS. . . Very much this

14. Vic

Vic Spellgazer
    Legend

Sorry if this has been answered, when are these packs going to be available for purchase?

15. Bloodscar

Bloodscar Cairn Giant
    Legend

Once we have the servers up and running for everyone to connect to. We do not want to start taking money until we have a product for people to log into.

Dum Dum, FKNrocked and SuB ZeRo like this.
  16. Belmon

Belmon Goblin Shaman
    Legend

We want to pay now, if you have more money, you will have better server dont? :)

17. ShlurthyGoose

ShlurthyGoose Goblin Shaman
    Legend

Yeah BPG fuck it just let us buy the damn packs already... WE BELIEVE IN YOU

You can't fuck us over any harder then AV already has

18. Avenging Martyr

Avenging Martyr Celestial
    Legend

Not the words I would choose lol. Though I understand the feelings behind it.

I like how the BPG crew has handled discussions and ideas on the forums and the steps they've taken to get DFO back. They didn't take the first contract and decided on bargaining with AV on the License and thier clear and consistant communitation with the community. I've really enjoyed the comms especially the technical details because many of our community understand the details and love hearing about progress.

I have a ton of confidence in BPG at this point. If they keep going on thier current track we'll have a group of devs who on thier worst day are still better than aventurine on thier best.

FKNrocked and DAlonso like this.
  19. ShlurthyGoose

ShlurthyGoose Goblin Shaman
    Legend

There doing a great job! I just don't want money to be an issue for these guys. Maybe got a little carried away I just want to help out.

Rath TNT, DAlonso and Avenging Martyr like this.
  20. Karim El Mahdy

Karim El Mahdy New Member
    Legend

Me want to play :)