Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Project Update - May 19th, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, May 20, 2018.

1. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

OP destroyers incoming?

2. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

I happy about the backhits being decreased. Players who play ork or dwarf (something with a huge back) are being punished harder for playing a race that they like because its easier to land a spell in their back.

Bear Forcefour likes this.
  3. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

I just don't see why you're focusing on combat before everything else. I keep hearing that work is done on multiple things at once so will we see something other than combat changes in the next patches?

4. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

PTS performs bad right now because it's a mirror from live and everything is squashed on there.

We're gonna run a fresh server for these tests and max everybody for testing so performance should be better than it is now.

It's important that people hop on to test these items to help with the balancing before they make it to live.
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes there are multiple things being worked on housing and tcs changes. But combat is the least dev heavy so it's easier to get out quickly for testing.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Sero, Circa, Darktide and 4 others like this.
  5. Dum Dum

Dum Dum Celestial
    Prosperous Wealthy Hero

patch pts now!

Fengor and Billy Lee like this.
  6. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

ALL fantastic changes just DON'T buff purple robe protections

Scroach ass purple robe/ unenchanted blackbolt being viable vs someone in actual good/ costly gear 1v1 needs to fucking end. I don't care how much more "skilled" the scroach gear guy is its a matter of risk vs reward. Gear needs to make a bigger difference in a fight especially when we are talking multiple tier discrepancies

7. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

I think that there should be expensive robes that increase magic dmg at the cost of not having as good protections as bone / fp / inf sets.

I think a good way of making it so the current naked / robe players being viable against good gear, which it shouldn't be, would be to make it so good gear has increased protections, but also increases damage done. That way it would balance out, if people are well geared, but also make it very hard for an naked / robed player to win.

Also with the changes they are making it seems destroyer is going to be in a strong spot, I think that they should make expensive mage Armour with tailoring mastery to balance it out.

Andrew, Urek Mazino and Battle Smurf like this.
  8. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Absolutely I have been calling for more expensive higher tiers of Bone armor and Robes for years that offer extra spell magnitude, mana regen, or even faster casting speed

Urek Mazino likes this.
  9. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Would be nice if there was specific school type robes as well.

10. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

make ( only for mage ) self buff passive skills it's possible ? buff don't work for naked mages .....

Johhny Mad Dog likes this.
  11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Black Knight
    Wealthy

no lol.
    theyre gonna be gimped most likely. ( big help with pros tho )
    Every part of the patch is great beside from the melee/archery stuff. Everything about it has the early signs of problems. But we have yet to test so still up in the air.
    Melee/archery goes hand and hand. Shouldnt have to put point towards either or.
    special shots....scarp them..terrible idea.

I dont know why other people play destro but why i play it is cause its simple...i dont want extra binds...
    nothing is wrong with it..why add all these problems? forever
    The only thing i hear about destros is about the staff damage...such an easy fix. Other then that theyre fixing somthing thats not broken.
    ..im praying other people that have the experience as a destro will really help me out on this.

this will probably ruin the spec forever

The only thing destro need is protection and were getting that. Taking damage from someone that cant aim sucks but BPG is gonna help us with the pros. I agree the staff thing is dumb...but its dumb in 2 different ways. First being we have to give up everything to do more damage to to someone with a staff out...which is very easy to counter..2nd you can kill someone with a staff out so fast. Such a super simple fix...5% damage bonus when using bow or melee weapon...boom.

Thats a nerf to destros and here a destro is begging for it.

#31 JEDIMind, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

• Base spell casting speed increased - We've increased the base spell casting speed to compensate for the loss of buffs/enchants affecting spell casting speed.
    in numbers, pls?

13. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

Approximately 50% of full effect from hasten spells, but there are other factors in there as well like speed of staves that are likely going to change before this patch hits the live server. We decided on 50% to assure there is plenty of leeway in either direction.

On the staff speed comment one thing we're currently looking at and considering is changing the speed of all staves to be the same making them inline with other weapons (which we've already stated we'll be reverting back to normal)

14. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

so its a 45 casting speed bonus by default.

i think it should be 80+ to make 0.50/0.60 staff enjoyable.

(not sure if make all staffs same speed is cool for the game, small tradeoffs are always good)

Wes Furtive likes this.
  15. The Guima

The Guima Goblin Warrior

Any plans to create new Robes for mages? With bonus just for Mage style, to create something like "Glass Cannon".
    Too weird to see "Mages" with heavy armor!
    I am in love with this focus "combat espacialization" patch, it atract old DFUW players like me and others what dont like everyone doing the same spell cicle.
    I have hope to return to game with this patch.

Keep walking...

Urek Mazino, Billy Lee and NonFactor like this.
  16. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

looks like we're entering in the era of heavy mages

#36 NonFactor, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
    Urek Mazino likes this.
  17. Kanak

Kanak Goblin Warlord
    Legend

@kilrain What is going to happen with pre-existing gear when the armor protections and staff changes come? Will those be changed as well, or will we be stuck with legacy pieces? Also, what about pre-enchanted gear? Will those enchants stay if they are already placed prior?

18. streaml1ne

streaml1ne Wildtribe Mage
    Loyal Legend

I know the focus is PVP but what's this going to do to the PVE side of the house. The armor buff is fine but stuff like stoneskin and some of the elemental buffs help alot when fighting mobs.

KingLlama and Circa like this.
  19. l0st exile

l0st exile Crypt Guard

not impressed. changes like this shouldn't be taking so long, however good or bad they are.

20. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Streamer Legend ANN Reporter

• Back damage bonus decreased - We've lowered the back damage bonus by 1/2......
    how am i suppose to kill anyone now?

Fenrir Frauki likes this.