Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Project Update - May 19th, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, May 20, 2018.

1. Mo Fugga

Mo Fugga Dire Zombie
    Patron Legend

Shit, now I'm really scared... :sob:

Bonii, Dum Dum, Sero and 1 other person like this.
  2. Liverbest Gibs

Liverbest Gibs Spellgazer
    Hero

It sounds like most of the changes are simply to balance against the disabling of buffs. It will be like everyone is buffed all the time, with a few changes, like the half back damage.

It sounds ok, but I was hoping for more changes, I guess. With higher TTK, stat management is going to be more critical. I didn't read anything about stamina and mana adjustments.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

pve no haste gonna suck hard now

sero made a nice video about deepblades, u guys gonna loot in to that?

4. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

As a mage I like the freedom to wear what I want. Putting more heavy pieces on has an impact on casting already. Im fine with how it is right now. I don't want to be forced into a robe :(

The Red King likes this.
  5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I would like to emphasize more on encouraging the use of certain items rather than force.

Fengor likes this.
  6. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

Don't remove buffs. Just wait until your fix for buffs are out.

Also, if your going to remove buff others, implement PVE buff others.

Seems like this update is being rushed out if your going to be taking away all this stuff only to add it back later once your done finishing the changes.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, Territory Control is coming out before all these combat changes right?

Darktide, Sero and Isaac Clarke like this.
  7. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

also @kilrain remember to tweak racial passives.
    pts

8. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

Im sure you and your team are carefull in the decisions you making. At least since I started playing I've seen nothing but good things/patches/updates comming out.

So I guess I shouldn't worry to much about what some crazy guy with crazy idea's on the forums is saying.

Bonii, NonFactor and Billy Lee like this.
  9. Kanak

Kanak Goblin Warlord
    Legend

@kilrain @Neilk could one of you please address this concern? Lots of us are iffy about making extra gear bags with these changes looming...

10. Kalos

Kalos Frostjarl
    Legend

50% reduction in back damage?

Sometimes your proposed numbers/percentages are too much and I believe this is one of those times.

If you think back damage needs to be reduced, why wouldn't you start at 20 or 33%? Nah, let's just half that shit.

Bonii, The Red King, Fengor and 3 others like this.
  11. Crunchbert

Crunchbert Undead Dwarf

YEA BOI CLUBS BUFF

Cobra staff should have its magnitude lowered or speed lowered. currently it will just be super op compared to everything else cuz its strong and fast. Ya its a top tier staff it shouldn't suck but it may need some tweak to work well with the new system.

12. Isaac Clarke

Isaac Clarke Varangian Warthane
    Hero

farm while you still can boys, ain't gonna do shit once buff others are removed

13. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Gear will update when we update protections

The Red King, koruun and Fengor like this.
  14. kinglear

kinglear Black Knight

i want robes that make knockups 6x as strong because fuck destroyers fuck melee fuck them all

Blaze likes this.
  15. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

@Andrew @kilrain This actually might of been a good opportunity to "soft wipe" some gear out of the economy and get people out farming again... which of course leads to more organic pvp over farming locations. The problem is almost everyone left in this community wants to be the hunter killing kids at spawns, BUT they then refuse to be part of the gameplay loop themselves by ALSO having to farm mobs

Hope you guys are adding more item/resource sinks like gank= a percentage of items worn being totally destroyed, another percentage of items worn taking a durability hit, and then like 50% chance an equipped item drops with no dura hit

Darkfall should of NEVER been a zero sum game we need a rake for MANY obvious reasons

For examp!e

1. This system reduces inflation
    2. It keeps the rich from being quite so much richer/ reduces the gap between haves and have nots
    3. It keeps even the best players farming/ contesting resources more
    4. It helps risk vs reward and makes fights more exciting because even if your team loses by being zerged or w.e if you get a gank off you actually hurt the enemy team by making them lose some gear

It makes things more exciting knowing that if you die your friends can't just loot EVERYTHING and give it back to you after.

We also need a system in place that REWARDS people for risking higher durability gear and makes scroachers using high rank 5 durability gear less effective.

16. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

Lol.

Sounds to me like they're removing more than they're adding.

If you guys keep listening to the same 5 crybabies to base all your changes around, very soon those same 5 crybabies are gonna be the only ones playing. Just sayin.
    --- Post updated ---
    That is probably one of your dumbest ideas yet, and that's saying something. Go back and read what you just typed. The main selling point of this game is that it's a full loot MMORPG.

We have a rake. Items can't be repaired and take durability loss and use & on death. An RNG looting system like your suggesting might actually be the worst idea I've ever seen posted for Darkfall since the games conception.

This RNG looting system guarantees a player with a 1:1 Kill/Death ratio is gonna be losing significantly more than they gain, when in the spirit of the game they should be breaking even. (Unless theyre a combat looting POS)

It would keep people playing like pussies, if that's what you mean by "more exciting."

Or since they're nerfing everything else they could just nerf all those rich players gear and make it not that much better than r50s. It's an equally shitty idea to yours that will appease the trammies even more.

17. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Fuck your soft wipe

18. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I'm not going to waste much time debating someone who has proven repeatedly for over a decade that they care more about their own selfish desires/ playstyle than what's actually best for the health of the game

Bottom line is the best sandbox game in history with a better economy than any other game ever created follows the model I have suggested and after 15 YEARS is still going strong with less inflation than even most IRL economies

Look up EvE online, educate yourself on how economies and succesful gameplay loops work, and then maybe we can have a conversation about what's actually best for the game as a whole, assuming of course that you're actually willing to approach it in good faith

19. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

In general: I wish you were more scientific with your approach to changes. So many variables are being altered all at once, it's going to be impossible to determine which change caused which effect in the resulting balance.

Specifically: what's going to happen to total health without Strength and Max Health buffs? The average health is going to be ~415 now when it was 440-450 before. If this isn't addressed then TTK is going to be the same or even faster than it is now.

20. Auron

Auron Chosen of Khamset
    Hero

you can upgrade all the armour - staff in the player s bank ?