Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Project Update - May 19th, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, May 20, 2018.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Serious question do you want to be "rich" and lazy in a dead population game or still be comparatively well off in a booming game that gives new players a better chance to last, but as a trade off have to go out and farm/create more gear?

Your dozens of ready bags of infernal/fullplate and cobras/JBs don't mean shit if there is no one to fight and almost everyone else has as many or more than you

Some of you are too close to it to recognize or accept the kinds things that need to be done if we ever want 5k-10k concurrent players which is my #1 priority (and SHOULD be BPG's if they ever want to be profitable)

You might be happy just playing the same game with only 200 people, but I'm sure as shit not.

I'll gladly keep taking attacks from the tiny but loud autistic groupthinking minority if even one of my suggestions is implemented that has even a chance to revitalize the game rather than it just subsisting on life support

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Smurf while I kinda agree with you, and wish that items held more value, I feel like I have hardly farmed at all but I have loads. You have to think about the amount of time people have invested in getting these items. If the devs turn around and say your items are now worthless its gonna piss people off.

I have said for a long time that the grind and farm is to easy and they just keep making it easier. What is the point in a full loot game when the items are basically worthless.

johntrikone and Kalos like this.
  3. Johhny Mad Dog

Johhny Mad Dog Celestial

No need to wipe peoples banks in order to get a better pop. I started a few months ago and I loved working to get a decent bank. This is part of the character progerssion now.
    --- Post updated ---
    Plus dont forget what happend at DFO. Rumors of a wipe started and people stopped playing...So instead of attracting new players it did in fact chase the old player base away and the server rapidly ran low on players leaving the game.

The Red King likes this.
  4. MWTaylor

MWTaylor Black Knight
    Staff Member

As mentioned before, the Combat Paths expansion will be implemented over numerous patches. The changes listed to go on the PTS in this update are only the first set of changes coming.

Also keep in mind that these initial series of changes (i.e. "Stage 1") are to create a baseline for the expansion on specializations themselves. It is important to discuss how they will affect combat overall, but I would not get too far "in the weeds" worrying about how it will affect, for example, the current iteration of "Destroyer" as the specializations themselves will be changing.

5. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Obviously these are tough choices and someone will always be screwed over or pissed off

But sometimes you have to amputate a limb to survive let alone thrive

It's my opinion that this game can't thrive WITHOUT doing some things that initially upset some vets , but that the majority of them will actually be much happier and willing to take the trade IF it causes a noticeable boom in population, revenue, player retention, and open world organic activity

The chances of BPG actually listening to me are slim anyway. I warned about all this stuff 2+ years ago and made it VERY clear that trying to fix it post launch would be far harder if not impossible.

6. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

Funny how someone who threw an autistic shitfit over RNG in the past is suggesting an RNG loot drop system.

Go look up Albion Online, they use the same shitty system of destroying random loot on death. Guess who gets fucked by it, the average player that could actually use the loot. Guess who it doesn't affect whatsoever, the rich people who loot is disposable to anyways.

Yeah your not gonna waste any time debating because I just dissected your whole retarded post piece by piece. For someone who consistently throws around terrible ideas on a routine basis, you've reached a new low.

Yeah I'm sure EVE has loads of new players.

[​IMG]

7. The Red King

The Red King Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

Problem is they tried this in UW and it basically put the final nail in the coffin. As much as I want this game to succeed, I would rather them drop my dura on my gear then make it worthless. I would probably just walk away if they killed all my gear. Its not the answer. Now maybe lowering the dura could be the answer, but last time they tried this the community rioted. They ended up making gear have more dura then it previously did and put back maintenance.

Johhny Mad Dog likes this.
  8. Shieldbreaker

Shieldbreaker Undead Dwarf
    Benefactor

How the hell is newbs not being able to get gear supposed to incentivize newbs and help them?

MaxiHori likes this.
  9. NumberFour

NumberFour Goblin Warrior
    Legend

I remember in DFO the newbie clan was very active and super helpful. If someone wanted to start this I'd be happy to contribute funding to them weekly for character development. Shoot I'd even be down to go farming with them and show them so good GP/Hr

Johhny Mad Dog and Mea Kulpa like this.
  10. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

RIP PVE Vids.
    --- Post updated ---
    Vitality enchants, bloodcraft armour, flat health enchants. 450 is still easily acquired, especially if people start farming their 120 stats.

Besides that, 415 > 450 is like 1 hit, not much of a difference when overall damage output is being lowered.

This isn't much of an issue.

MerleisAirdburne, Cudelr and Nat like this.
  11. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

What will happen to the already enchanted weapons / Armour / gems when you remove enchants?

12. Thug Life

Thug Life Gravelord
    Hero

I knew choosing great club main would be a good investment

Fengor likes this.
  13. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaame dude. I just chose it as a main last night, already maxed.

Cudelr and Dixie Normus like this.
  14. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Those are good points but it’s obviously much more time consuming to get those three enchants and/or farm up the 120 vit pots than it is to cast two spells. I don’t think that’s in line with their pivot.

Second, a one hit difference between two players is a pretty huge difference if they’re evenly skilled. The cumulative effect of increasing armor across the board could easily be less than the difference between 450 health and 415. Again, multiple variables are being changed at the same moment making the results unpredictable but also making the retrospective analysis impossible.

Isaac Clarke likes this.
  15. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

Its actually right inline with their pivot, since it's only a determinant in the most try hardest of battles, in which case, it's not a determinant, since both try hards will have it, and it leaves a grind for a small edge.

Frankly when I die, and my opponent is one hit, I'm not upset, I get excited and think "OOOOO I wanna do that again" or think how I could have done something differently. Not sure how a casual feels /shrug.

#75 Sero, May 21, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Cudelr likes this.
  16. Frog

Frog Black Knight
    Loyal Hero

Disagree, anyone with a stacked bank is going to make sure they have all the health enchants. Casual players always gripe about the tediousness of putting together a gear bag and now you’re asking them to add 1-2 more enchants.

My second point wasn’t about how you feel after losing a close fight - if you increase armor prots but decrease health then you haven’t changed anything. Or you’ve even possibly made TTK faster depending on the numbers.

MaxiHori likes this.
  17. Sero

Sero Menhir Sentinal
    Loyal Legend

35 HP is not a necessity of every gear bag, and bloodcraft is pretty standard/easy, especially with a market.

Cudelr likes this.
  18. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

I think it will be reserved to 2nd weapon choice. If you're up against squishy mages, Deepblade every day, but if against a heavy (which we will see more of now) then speed greatclubs will absolutely WRECK an unfazed destroyer. And with the reduction to back damage melee pushing and then fucking your fleeing opponent will no longer be as effective. I suppose a lot of this theory-crafting will depend on the new armour values though I'm already planning on using it as a 2nd whirlwind/2nd weapon. I've had 100 or 5 Greatclubs since shortly after launch... time to finally bludgeon a mother fucker and not feel like I'm using a giant feather.

19. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

By stickybacking them for 30 seconds solid, Duh!

Darkfall fights end too quickly, we need more anime-style PVP battles.

You're right, stat management will be more critical. And the other side of that coin is that your aim & FPS abilities are gonna be less critical.

20. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Can’t wait to play Unholy Darkfall: New dawn Wars!!!!!

Sero and Fenrir Frauki like this.