Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Project Update - May 19th, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andrew, May 20, 2018.

1. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

New dawn of agon?

quietnoobz likes this.
  2. Fenrir Frauki

Fenrir Frauki Akathar
    Loyal Supporter

The only thing wrong is back damage is the spammable rays to the back, which wasn't even part of the original design of Darkfall (no wonder it's so broken, another unintended consequence of a shitty AV patch). If you ask me they should put a global cooldown on Rays like they do on R90 nukes give them a range increase. And before you dirty bastards jump all over me, I'm not suggesting to give them sniper range; Just a slight increase.This would keep them useful but also keep people from getting machine-gunned down for trying to kite someone.

Ahahahahahahahaha

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. MADtheMADDEST

MADtheMADDEST Competition Winner
    Streamer Legend ANN Reporter

Seriously though I would much rather they ADD content rather than changing it.

But seeing as this is going to happen I really hope its a slow burn. For example we should test one thing at a time like armor protection changes. I just feel like all of these dramatic changes at once will just fuck eeeeeverything up.

Mea Kulpa, Nat, quietnoobz and 4 others like this.
  4. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

50% of current spellhaste (will be 40ish) is going to make the gameplay feel like molasses.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Oresmacker, chad, Circa and 7 others like this.
  5. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

i personally strongly dislike the majority of combat changes. i prefer classic vanilla darkfall gameplay and mechanics when it comes to combat. buffs and everything... some kids are optimistic and think change is great. not me. oh well. -1

Void, Shieldbreaker and Isaac Clarke like this.
  6. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

eye rot 40 secs cooldown.
    best combat change

The Red King likes this.
  7. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Chosen of Khamset

couple quick gear questions rattling my brain and surely others':

will certain extra enchants be more desirable such as everyone newly wanting piercing protection / slashing protection instead of current mage desiring stuff? will casting time + magnitude be best for staves, or still mana efficiency / magnitude? or mag / casting time? are you basically making boomsticks and sarracenias the new go-to staves, rendering cobras more weak and useless, or will they remain top tier based on speed and usefulness, or too weak now? you're going to make all staves same base casting speed? that limits our staff choices somewhat, and gimps the cobra hard.

you're basically, seemingly altering all the desirable gears into alternative stuff, which bothers me, making me yearn for answers regarding the upcoming go-to equipment to know in advance, in order to plan and hoard appropriately in preparation. this is unnecessary imo.

I think making newly renovated armors / equipments / required-chants is cool, but just gimme a heads up, (anyone), during public test time, guys, thanks!

P.S.
    a lot of us would rather have content over combat paths and changes.

a lot of us want Billboards in player cities, territories, and new trade route loot and functionality.
    trade routes shouldn't be dead content. player cities should have more to do. arenas would be cool as well.

#87 quietnoobz, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
  8. KeredCaltith

KeredCaltith Goblin Warlord

What about ranged and melee haste? I mostly solo farm.. but for champions.. we will need to bring more and it's already hard enough getting 4-6 people together.
    Also you should maybe remove the q6 casting gem? Maybe?

quietnoobz and Wes Furtive like this.