Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Project Update - May 25th, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, May 26, 2018.

1. BeatIt

BeatIt Eodrin
    Loyal Legend

2. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

you're joking right?

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Cudelr and kinglear like this.
  3. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

No. Did you read the context of the discussion that led up to that statement? If you are red and wish to become blue then I don't see much point in being in lawful areas, especially when lawless areas contain the vast majority of coveted resources. As long as you don't continue killing blues your alignment will regenerate back to blue.

4. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

This was the topic that started the conversation. Not to mention if you go red may aswell log out til you're blue again unless you have a couple chaldeans with runes to every village since thats basically the only place you can get pvp outside of the sieges we used to drop.

NVM. Situation is resolved. We don't drop sieges anymore so sieges won't happen so you shouldn't go red :D. Forget I said anything.

#24 Sintan, May 26, 2018
    Last edited: May 26, 2018
  5. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Loremaster
    Staff Member BPG Representative Lifetime

I was responding to Sero, you may have missed the quoted portion of my post.

6. Sintan

Sintan Black Knight
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Nat started the discussion. I don't think you read the context that led up to Sero's post. Regardless I edited my post its all resolved now don't worry.

Cudelr and Billy Lee like this.
  7. TyteDaddyTite

TyteDaddyTite Obsidian Golem
    Legend

8. MerleisAirdburne

MerleisAirdburne Black Knight
    Supporter

@Neilk @kilrain @Andrew @Billy Lee I've never a done a @ to all the BPG staff before over the two years that ive been here, but these are questions that I would very much so like to be answered. Thank you.

Cudelr, Nat, Sero and 1 other person like this.
  9. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

As we announced before we will give an alignment reset when we change the alignment system to be time based. We're going to clean up the last remaining fringe cases of being forced to kill or be killed by a blue player as well as look into a new zone definition for sieges to prevent alignment lost to involved parties but not scroachers in lawful tiles.

10. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Celestial
    Supporter

Nice.

So this means it's possible to open up a seasonal 1 month server, with only 1 island open? please

11. Nat

Nat Shadow Knight
    Legend

If it worked maybe. It's the whole map on the test server right now.

Fengor likes this.
  12. Pimptight

Pimptight Obsidian Golem
    Streamer Legend

ahh i thought that was a cool thing for pts too bad

13. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Server side it's only running a few tiles around Hintenfau, it's why there is so many dynamic objects there. Also why collisions weren't working initially it was only running elish village tile. But client side the whole world is in the archive so that's why you can run around but there will be nothing there objects, vendors etc.

I could fix this with a level build but don't wanna mess with it too much or it would cause a large patch next time for the live server since we pipe our archives from PTS to Live.

Fengor and koruun like this.
  14. Ikaika Koa

Ikaika Koa Skeleton Archer
    Wealthy Contributor Legend

One good fix for this, is the area around a sieged city becomes a lawless zone for the clans involved, when the siege goes live, or possibly an hour before hand. To revert back to it's set zone, at the completion of the siege.

As far as how the "involved clans" will be determined, there's a couple ways it can be done.
    1. Clans can "opt in" on either the offensive or defensive side, and will have to be accepted by the attacking or defending clan. There should be a global notification, when a clan officially joins either side of the siege, much the same as the allying system, so those on the opposite side will know their opponents. Name coloring for siege opponents would be helpful as well. This will allow clans joining the siege, to be in the "lawless zone."
    or 2. Allies of the attacking or defending clans are automatically added into the "clans involved" list, and not have to "opt in" for the lawless zone. This may be better, in the event that sg or general of an allied clan won't be able to log on, in order to "opt in" for the siege. Unallied clans can ally up, for the siege(and have to be excepted), in order to join either side.
    Any who aren't officially included in the "involved clans," whichever way you want to go with, will just be considered scroachers, and won't have the "lawless zone."

As for how large this lawless zone should be, there's several options for that as well. Could be the seiged city's limits; the tile the city is in; or the area surrounding the city, up to a certain distance.(the same way siege stones have to be within a certain distance of the city)
    I'd say the latter option is probably the best.

Having a lawless zone for a siege, for the clans involved in the siege, will take away the alignment issue of killing blues on your opponent's side.

Void likes this.
  15. Void

Void Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Every seige force needs one villain and one elf

Ikaika Koa likes this.
  16. Ikaika Koa

Ikaika Koa Skeleton Archer
    Wealthy Contributor Legend

What if there's an elf who's a villain?