Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: PTS Patch Notes - August 22nd, 2018

Discussion in 'Patch Notes' started by Neilk, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Flux D

Flux D Crypt Guard
    Benefactor Legend

I like some of these ideas sort of...

Don't reduce the splash size, but add more dmg reduction tiers and have a more aggressive reduction of dmg
    I think parry disable should only work if a person is parrying.

Instead of becoming immune to wof snare, add it to the list of one of the things that some pots remove, or add it to the effect of rage... find a skill based/tactical requirement that a player has to actively initiate in order to provide snare/popup immunity.

I dont like the idea of WoF being on the same cool down as AoE's though... putting everything on the same cooldown (all r90s on their own cool down, r50s, aoe's etc) has made it to where people are forced to either focus on one school of magic or pick and choose and thats cool, but WoF doesn't fit into that category... It will force people to coordinate more in group fights though.

I would like to see more diversity added to the magic schools though... fireball has its own bigger knockup. why not add a slight snare to shards, a melee protection debuff to corrosive blast and a stam debuff for lightning strike? All upon direct hits only.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Squanto likes this.
  2. Void

Void Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Pungent mist should pre disable, bolts should work under water and bows should be to heavey for a mage to even equip. Soon as a mage try’s to use a bow it should fall on the ground.

3. Squanto

Squanto Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

Wouldn't be good in this game, it was okay in UW because they had pre-disable spells and lots of splash abilities. If you were to do that in this game, people would be unkillable. They did it in ND, and if you aren't braindead its nearly impossible to die.
    The idea of adding more counterplay to spells/abilities is good, but I don't think it should be that way for WoF. High ping players and noobs need a crutch like wof, but vets shouldn't be abusing the spell to instakill people (disable them in the wof, comehither them).
    Completely agree. The only thing the WoF+AoE global cooldown change does is make it so you need to be WAY more coordinated (higher skill ceiling) in group fights, which is the opposite of what BPG is trying to do. Im fine with it, but I don't think they fully understand how their changes affect combat.
    No to snare on shards, don't you remember bitterstep from UW? (that's what you are asking for) It was absolutely horrible...
    Yes to the other two, would help to seperate r90s and make them useable in different situations. They need to revert the r90 changes, having them all be the same thing just different colors was a mistake.

Void and NonFactor like this.
  4. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Team Lead Developer

We don't want to remove the skill ceiling per say and "group coordination" doesn't even fall into the same category of what we're looking at. Good group coordination should be encouraged. What we would rather do is lower the floor, make it easier to get into and be competitive. This will likely affect the ceiling as well, that can't always be helped, but that's our primary goal when it comes to skill floor/ceiling.

Squanto likes this.
  5. Void

Void Celestial
    Loyal Legend

Wall of force change is the opposite of what you are trying to do.

The Red King and Myater like this.
  6. Flux D

Flux D Crypt Guard
    Benefactor Legend

I suggested snare on shards but i mean it to be a slow down to like halfway between walk and sprint speed because its almost what the knockups are in that knockups create an easier predictable target... And, it would have to be a totally brief slow. I guess I didnt play UW when bitterstep had a snare. to know its cancer, but my idea for shards slow would be a slight slowing down for ~1-1.5s

I agree r90s shouldn't have been made mirrors. I think those that were less effective should have gotten some sort of unique buff that set them apart or made them a better choice situationally. Giving spell schools unique 'buffs' that make them essentially equals but different will help allow for a system of school focus to add diversity. Some staff transmutation that similar to blood craft would add a slight bonus to dmg output for that school while reducing the effectiveness of other schools, or a 'earthen craft' tree added to the sagecraft skill so that you could craft chest/helm that adds earth bonus. etc.
    --- Post updated ---
    I like that idea actually.... aside from the bow falls to the ground. it should just be unequippable

7. The Red King

The Red King Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

I disagree with the needle change as well - half the splash with double the cool down would be suffice - adding it to another spells timer is the lazy way out.

Same goes for WoF - change it so it lessens the pull to half what it is.

Change parry disable to 6 seconds.

Put eye rot at 45 seconds why you keep changing shit

Squanto likes this.
  8. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

i heard eye rot ?????????????

lol

9. Sero

Sero Forest Golem
    Loyal Legend

Staff magnitude?
    R90 splash radius?
    Back Damage?

Hello?

10. The Red King

The Red King Varangian Warthane
    Loyal Legend

Fix encumberance formula - .88 feel like 30. Make it so 15 encumberance does not affect cast speed so we can wear dragon!!!!!

Void likes this.
  11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Chosen of Khamset
    Wealthy

Bank and bind options for house and just amazing. Thank you.

Void likes this.
  12. Darktide

Darktide Stormgraive

The game is so much better now, i can't even explain.