Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Public Test Server - Armor Testing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

I agreed whit many mage nerfs...and many warrior buffs....i want indestructible back i ask tha many times but whit 5 extra magic defense points....how many times if you are destro....hit someone whit the staff out ( 1 vs 1 ) ? And when the mage doing damage?when the warrior dont use shield or when use the bow...if you are indeztructible the mage for me cant doing damage ( i mean decent warrior)

2. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

Destro is already to tanky, cant give him indestructible in its current state.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  3. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

whit a less magic protection maybe can work....but whit +7 points of magic defense it's realy indestructible hehe

4. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

I don't think you understand how indestructible works the +7 only applies to when they have a melee weapon out so it won't give +7 when they have their bow out. And atm on PTS the heavy Armour negates 1-2 more magic dmg compared to live, but there was a poll a week ago to lower the magic prot bye 2-3. Waiting on @Metalkon @Neilk to put the updated Armour values in on pts. Pts was getting updated daily with the slow changes to Armour to balance dunno why the magic prot lowering on heavy is taking so long. But after the 2-3 magic prot decrease magic heavy will be taking very close to the same dmg on live just impale will be doing 5 less dmg RIP,

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  5. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

That’s mainly it, I would go for getting rid of wof before adding bspikes if I could only pick one

Animal, Fengor and Billy Lee like this.
  6. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Team B Lifetime

Same here.

7. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

I don' think you understen...lol when the warrior try to close the distance use the shield....or use the bow ( in that case him can take damage but can hit the mage whit some arrows )...whit the indestructible spec the warrior can close the distance whit the 2h weapon and the magic defense bonus activated because the mage cant doing damage....
    --- Post updated ---
    2 ...3....point magic defense decreased its a good solution....i hope thdy increase magic defense of robes to....

8. Oresmacker

Supporter

Or 1h/sheild+blocking while also getting magic protection bonuses from splash damage.
    What mages are fighting what heavies? I need to get on and test in the mornings. No offense but some mages are just bad at fighting us, and theres a super long list.

I would like to test for myself, it scares me that they could and will actually make changes based on opinions from some of the people I’m thinking of, and also others- who knows there skill level is, and they just slap it onto live, nerf this, nerf that based on these opinions.

@Blaze if you are around we could do a stream on testing numbers vise versa live and PTS and we can do some duels to get a feel for it.

Auron and Fengor like this.
  9. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Yeah I’ll try to wake up In the morning, dunno if u know but I made a video showing r90 splash dmg was able to tone it down a lot so r90 splash is a lot smaller which Is a plus
    --- Post updated ---
    Most heavies when they close the distance with melee use 1hander so they take almost to no dmg while blocking anyways xD I think most to all heavies will pick destro over indestructible

Auron and Oresmacker like this.
  10. Oresmacker

Supporter

Tuesday-Saturday are the mornings I play

11. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

Yes....close the distance whit 1h and shield...ok but i mean mage doing damage when the warriors cant parry...(disabling shot isnt realy easy to use versus a good player....)but when they have indestructible they didnt take damage and they can just run..close the distance and kill the mage easy....if the warrior have 40 ping the mage is death after 20 seconds....2...3...point left of magic defense maybe can work....

12. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Would be great for you to hop on there, join the tester role on discord from the #get-role channel

The feedback atm is that the heavy magic protections are too high and it was voted to take them down 2-3 points, so that should be happening this week.

13. Schnid

Schnid Akathar
    Hero

How many people voted?

14. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Join the tester group on discord and anyone can see the polls.

15. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

You people have already taken far more from magic than you ever should have.

All while slowly buffing melee archery

Leave WoF alone

And un-nerf eyerot BPG

16. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Agree eye rot needs screen-shake back or just make it so your screen goes completely black

Fengor and Oresmacker like this.
  17. Oresmacker

Supporter

So you have been calling for gear to be harder to get/break more often?

And you want a spell in a FPS game to make players float in one position to just get disabled and rayed down full to dead in those very high risk, high dollar scarce gear bags? Lmao where’s the logic in that. At least they could make the effect of the spell actually match the visual.

And what I’m really saying is log in on the test server or ANY server and fight before opening your mouth about combat.

Eye rot in the other hand needs a buff. You can actually outplay that spell.

18. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Smurf is a perma backseat wheelchair gamer extraordinaire.

Oresmacker likes this.
  19. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

Completely black would probably be better.

People should KNOW and be able to rely on the spell to effectively blind someone if they land it.

BPG already nerfed the damage and increased the cool down, making the blind less reliable (it wasn't even flawless to begin with) by removing the screenshake was WAY too far.

Blaze likes this.
  20. Oresmacker

Supporter

You forgot to respond to me about wof