Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Public Test Server - Armor Testing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Neilk, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Battle Smurf

Battle Smurf Oak Lord
    Legend

I don't know who you are, aside from the fact that you've been aggressive, rude, and have a middling IQ at best.

Therefore your opinion is largely irrelevant and I tend to ignore anything you write these days.

However, i will make an exception and point out that WoF was perfectly fine in DF1 (I NEVER complained about it or had any problems dealing with it) where it lasted longer, had a lower cool down/ stat cost, and a stronger effect. Magic in general was stronger and Destroyers had less buffs.

Despite all of that the best player in the game was a Destroyer in DF1. And in group fights of really any size Destroyers were the biggest threats.

RoA however, has nerfed magic repeatedly (simplifying combat) while buffing Destroyer to the point that even someone like you can supposedly be effective with it.

Magic has ALREADY had too much of it's utility removed, if anything it needs more not less.

With that said and to your specific scenario, I'm ALSO on record for years as a proponent of removing predisable, increasing ranged disable attack speed, lowering disable cool down AND duration, and switching to a timed block mechanic similar to that of New Dawn.

This would add more counter play and fakes and not make WoF disable a guarantee like it currently is.

WoF is irrelevant to my views on the economy NEEDING an item sink on gank.

Magic having WoF is part of the balance and a trade off you make to get the benefits of destroyer, there are plenty of ways to counter it, it's just that most of them require teamplay.

Not to mention this game is an MMORPG, that means we need as many players as we can get and that many of them will suck and need things like WoF to feel like they at least contributed in PvP.

If you want to talk about alternative spell/magic specializations to WoF that players can choose between (so there are less WoFs going around). Then I'm open to discussing it, but there would need to be a worthwhile magic spell/magic trade off, NOT just removing WoF and without mages getting anything in return.

The game never was totally balanced 1v1 between mages and Destroyers and it probably can't be, not without taking all the flavor away from combat.

You talk about me not currently playing the game (as if that somehow means I can't understand it) despite the fundamental flaws not having changed much and me being one of the best most well known players throughout every version/ meta era of it's 10+ year history...

By your own failed logic (argument from authority), you should STFU and defer to my judgement in all things Darkfall.

Because while I may be a has-been, you're a never-was.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #241 Battle Smurf, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

I’m a never was? Lol I’d trash you now and probably back then if I played. You are a laughing stock on the forums.

And IF you did(but won’t) log in I’d give you all the time you needed to get warmed up and feeling good and I’ll accept any wager you want.

So Smurf back up all the shit talk, and log in. Hell we can do it on the test server.

If you think the original DF is like what We are sitting on now you are in for rude awakening. There’s a lot of we’ll known players that are getting beat by people that are 6-8 months into RoA. I promise you are just one of them.

3. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

Hey, guys, look at Smurf talking about end of DF combat as if it was remotely similar to RoA's current state.

Nothing to see here - move on. He's a drooling troglodyte at this point. Perma-wheelchaired.

Inkarnation, Slayven and Oresmacker like this.
  4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Lifetime

The thing about dfo, as much as I loved the game, is that many of the top players had extremely powerful characters and the power gap in RoA is much smaller, this is a more even playing field by a large margin. I remember back in dfo, before I had a strong character, I was amazed at how incredible some of the top guys were. Once I myself had a really strong character the frequency in which I won fights skyrocketed, I won a lot of hugely outnumbered fights and realized that my character advantage had a lot to do with it. If those same fights took place in RoA I would have no chance, 2v8, 3v15 etc as a destroyer without needing to kite, it's not going to happen. What I'm getting at is that this is a very different playing field.

5. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

please try to do that......metal armour hight defense melee/ medium defense magic/arrow---"archers" armour hight defense arrow / medium defense melee / magic---robes hight defense magic/ medium defense arrow/melee....

now robes have low magic defense....and metal and archer armour have similar arrow defense...

6. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

I never under stood the encumbrance value..to me is ass back wards.

Take a naked person they shoot the quickest and do the most Damage. Gear should be doing this..using spell speed and damage..

Encumbrance starts at say 80 naked..
    Then robes give like -60 encumbrance and a enchanted head piece moves u to 5 range..
    So being 0 u now hit hard and are the quickest with spell casting and such?? Pure example of numbers but in my opinion dammage and spell speed should be based on what u wear not what not wearing??

Correct me if u must by its always been my internal thoughts on the subject.gear should helping to get u to 0 encumbrance. Naked bolting a golem should not even be in the same ball park as a geared mage..

It’s always been set up to make it incentive to not wear gear!

Blaze likes this.
  7. Kael Trighton

Kael Trighton Deadeye
    Benefactor Tester

Has anyone tested sithras with the new armors? SIthras are already garbage tier, but with these armor changes (higher spell resists on armor offset by cloth giving spell magnitude bonus) sithras are going to be absolute dog shit tier. Either make these things viable or just make them a cash shop weapon skin.

8. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

wait 0.o where does it say armor have higher spell resists, also mag is no longer a thing for cloth for a while now. Sithras are good I think 2 of them are strong the rest is poop

9. Animal

Animal Eodrin
    Hero

I don't wager as destro if the person is using a poison sithra. They have their place, but cost far too much. The power attack is melee slow. They're OP in the right hands.

Blaze likes this.
  10. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Varangian Warthane
    Lifetime

As always, sources of poison damage are questionable.

Animal and Oresmacker like this.
  11. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Frostjarl
    Wealthy

LBS watching to much CNN, its projecting on the Darkfall forums.

12. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

^

quietnoobz and Inkarnation like this.
  13. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

hi lex!

14. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

Sup boo

15. Pink Taco

Pink Taco Black Knight
    Hero

N2m playin some league, you need to come play some DF again tho!

16. Lexendros

Lexendros Infernal
    Legend

17. Auron

Auron Celestial
    Hero

Please make an trailer for the armours patch before the release...or some days afyer ...

quietnoobz and MikerotchBAGFACE like this.
  18. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

This thing with different armors having different elemental protections is fucking stupid. Really fucking stupid. Please stop.

19. Oresmacker

Oresmacker Obsidian Golem
    Supporter

Turns into paper, rock, siccours at that point.

MaxiHori and Fengor like this.
  20. Blaze

Blaze Varangian Warthane

Pretty sure the magic prot are normalized again on pts if that’s what your talking about

Scrapnotcrap and Billy Lee like this.