Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Public Test Server Patch Notes - January 5th, 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Jan 5, 2018.

1. RabbleRabble

RabbleRabble Deadeye
    Legend

ETA on this patch or are you guys delaying it until closer to New Dawn launch to try and keep more players?

Skelly likes this.
  2. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight
    Staff Member Developer Team Lead

I'm finishing up the champion weapon effects and a couple more rare items to drop from champions ;) Trying to finalize it all this week.

quietnoobz, Skelly, Fengor and 2 others like this.
  3. Sero

Sero Gnoll Vilegaunt
    Loyal Legend

Do you guys even play other MMOs? You make the materials to craft it also drop off the Mob. :D

Sad. This was a great opportunity to add some type of specialization/bonus to choosing specific crafts.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #363 Sero, Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  4. Billy Lee

Billy Lee Chosen of Khamset
    Lifetime

No, I don't :p

Sero likes this.
  5. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

This was a thought as well, but for these particular weapons I would want the recipes to be extremely rare. If the materials were also just as rare then crafting would be very difficult. If the materials were common enough to warrant crafting these things then they would probably stockpile because few people were using them.

6. Slayven

Slayven Obsidian Golem
    Legend

Dude took Easter egg and scrambled the meaning

chad likes this.
  7. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Spellgazer
    Wealthy Legend

Public server client crashes after loading screen. Any ideas how to fix this?

8. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We have yet to ever delay a patch on purpose, trying to get an end to it is usually the difficulty and preventing feature creep. For this patch we weren't happy with the smaller changes originally planned to buff up the Champions so we ended up heavily increasing the scope on this patch. In addition it was very busy over the holidays with a couple team members doing big moves to new homes, some shuffling of staff as we picked up a few replacement volunteers for some full timers who had to switch to a minor role and also I had some crises over the last few weeks that held up key design docs in progress. It was a combination of a heck of a lot of things and the aforementioned increase in patch scope that forced the delays in the patch. It's going to be a lot more impactful due to all the extra crafting and balance changes going in as well. We're nearing the end though and hopefully get things wrapped up mostly by the weekend. We added several new mechanics and items for this patch :)

Korag likes this.
  9. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

- 1 runebook per account is enough
    - we need city whit portal chambers for more conflic
    - BHop was fine just remove battlespike hopping
    - Wof.... FFS remove that shit
    - spawn scaling FFS i dont even have time to skin
    - eyeroot increase CD

#369 BeatIt, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2018
  10. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

they removing skinning so that is a non issue

Dixie Normus likes this.
  11. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Runebooks may get some limitations such as cooldowns, libraries would be able to contain a lot more charges and players don't have to individually mark runes to the spots.

Territory control will bring about a new meta game with dynamic building and actual territory conquest through control towers. There will be a leaderboard end we're looking at possibly seasons and trophies.

We disagree on bhop being "fine", it's a good mechanic but the low stat and endless chase hops are often boring, frustrating and too powerful for the top elites who leave the other 90% frustrated. It's a great skillful mechanic for repositioning and why it isn't being removed, simply limitations to address the frustration cases we feel are unbalanced. PvP balance and combat mechanics will always shift and move as time goes on, this not only helps to shake things up and make playstyles more fair bit provides new challenges for creating new metas.

WoF we've discussed changing and it likely will in some form. Several ideas include reversing the polarity to a "push", making it an actual physical wall and possibly making a new spell for the push style wof and a wall ability. We don't want to change everything at once which may unbalance the game so smaller adjustments will continue to be made from time to time throughout the life of the game. That said the perk system will have a huge impact on balance all at once but that can't really be avoided... It's supposed to be a game changing patch :).

As mentioned, skinning is no longer a thing for now, skins will be on tombstones. We'll likely re-use the mechanic for another specialty purpose for some other PvE/crafting ideas.

Blind spells and others such as some of the knockup spells may get some balancing tweaks in upcoming patches. We've had a few ideas brewing there but nothing final yet on changes, I think they could both use some tweaks however they are a pretty important tool for mages to counter with so it's a touchy thing.

#371 Andrew, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  12. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Shame to see you subscribe to the whole elitist bhop fallacy, but it's your project. Hopefully you aren't completely set on the idea if it causes major problems and will be willing to change it again if so. Personally I feel like the initial changes in test seem overboard, but I'm unable to play and test myself. Can you be real and admit you changed bhop because of the threads here blowing things out of proportion from people who clearly (and admittedly) dont play?

13. kilrain

kilrain Shadow Knight

On November 22nd Metalkon was putting together an event for bunny hopping. When he asked for feedback and get approval it was denied because we weren't 100% sure where we stood or what we were going to do with it and didn't want to send the wrong message if we in fact intended to modify it. It's been a repeated discussion for a long time.

Like everything once people have had time to adjust to the changes and get a real feel for it we can revisit it. On that note we've been discussing changes to mounts, sprinting and the lawful/lawless settings on player land. Perhaps later this evening or tomorrow I will start a couple threads on those so we can discuss them.

Billy Lee and Grimtide like this.
  14. Yomi Scythetalon

Contributor Legend Streamer

bhop is fine but remove battlespike hopping? What destro wronged you so hard in the past, give me his name.

Fengor, Korag and Sique like this.
  15. Grimtide

Grimtide Evil Eye
    Legend

Discussions are good! Wish we had more of them to work out all the kinks in ideas.

16. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

why is it so hard to just admit that he is right and the 10% benefit so much more from this mechanic than the 90%?
    If you owned a business are you going to go with the job that nets you 90% clean profit or 10% or if an Ad you paid for brings in 10% more customer or 90% more witch way would you go? and even if those numbers were not 100% accurate would you not explore it? and try to improve or would ya turtle up and say "fuck that were not changing no matter what cause I like it" I mean can you at least see the thinking you have on this and agree that you could be wrong for once?

17. Headhunter

Headhunter Goblin Warrior

Any change to bring players back is a good one.
    I have to agree that Bhoping needs fixing as it can draw fights out much to long and with no risk at all.
    Begone is a great skill to change momentum of a fight but should not be used to end one.
    In a pvp game there should not be any way to completely remove your self.
    For the guys that stand behind it we might just as well be able to bind a auto log button.

18. BeatIt

BeatIt Obsidian Golem
    Loyal Legend

bra my battlespike hopping is so perfect every time that i can go faster then begone

if u think I have a problem whit it...

19. aaraym

aaraym Undead Dwarf
    Legend

Bunny hop thoughts:

I would add more damage to stormblast and battle spikes. I think reducing/removing them as options but leaving begone bhopping about the same would be the best route imo. That would still allow for use of it but not to the extent it is used at present.

20. quietnoobz

quietnoobz Celestial

I agree bhopping is frustrating vs. Elites who always get away no problem.
    I hope champion spawns are doable with less people than advertised, I think 3-8 would be a better more obtainable group number, and hopefully won't be too too challenging, as I fear the required 8-16 players would hard to grab on a whim for some fun pve expeditions! Plz ninja buff trade route loot as well!! Content! #excitement