Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Discussion: Two Year Anniversary Patch Announcement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MWTaylor, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

why does every time you quote me you have to say some absolute retard shit? the fact theres not much to do except pvp literally means that the game needs content

HELLO??

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. Wizzy

Wizzy Crypt Guard
    Contributor

what would help a ton in terms of getting people out would be rather easy (not sure in terms of code changes or if it’s a GUI change).

Mob changes. Change them up, move them around and change drops all together. One thing that gets stale is you know exactly where to farm and where to not farm ever. He sad part is that Agon is so large and there are only a few places that seem to be THE place to farm.
    If we could change mob spawns and drops every month is would keep thing shaken up a bit to make people have to figure out what to farm for which item they need. It might actually correct the market some also because items wouldn’t be 100% farmable in terms of knowing what you need and going straight there without question. In this new change it would cause everyone to get out and kill mobs and check mob spawns for which mob is where.

3. Sorrow Avaritia

Sorrow Avaritia Obsidian Golem
    Hero

The main content of this game is pvp, however there needs to be meaningful content other than pvp to retain players and to create pvp opportunities. I don't understand why they have spent so much time fucking about with combat (which in my opinion is worse than it use to be), rather than creating reasons to pvp over.

In the current game state I really see no reason to pvp other than for the pvp itself. Something I would love to see added to the game would be a land control mechanic. Make it so you have to fight over a piece of land every few days and if you win that land you can set rules to that land. For example you could allow the use of rune books in that land for your clan, allies, friendly clans and even enemies if you want pvp (or people to farm your land), you could build temporary structures (that last a week) that would increase mob spawns / loot, you could also set tax rates on mobs, so that your clan gets items from every mob killed.

So for example you could make a building that increases mob drop rate by 50%, then charge a 10-50% tax rate, if you set a tax rate at 10% the farmer would get more items over all but your clan would still get some (which would encourage farmers), or you could set it to 50%, so they get less overall and be less likely to farm there but your own clan could farm it, either way your clan still gets profit. This could also tie into the rune book system, if you want to encourage people to farm your land so you make taxes, you could enable rune books there for every1.

This would also give a purpose for rune stones as well as people would still be able to use runestones to port into your land, just not books.

Inkarnation and BeatIt like this.
  4. WithoutShame

WithoutShame Infernal
    Supporter

This might be the dumbest thing I have read this year, congratulations.

BPG actually does keep doing this, and it's complete cancer. It is not fun to run around the same world, wasting time and finding that the mob spawn you went to is complete ass now. Or the holding you sieged for that was next to that good spawn is now worthless.

BeatIt likes this.
  5. Wizzy

Wizzy Crypt Guard
    Contributor

Are you absolutely retarded ? Hello?!???!

Kids thinking their opinion matters

6. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

ya I mentioned that in the rest of my comment that you choose to cut out. Nice try at framing your narrative and being the "retarded" one in the process.

7. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

you mean the part where the only ''content'' you can think of is adding even more mobs for no reason? yeah youre right, thats a genius idea
    jk its just as shit as fucking with combat, we need new things to fight over, not some changes to existing mechanics that make no sense and serve no purpose
    as i said earlier, absolute retard shit, stop quoting me

#147 Inkarnation, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  8. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

Just adding more mobs is the wrong way to go. I mean look at champions I personally think they added to many champions, there is 10 in total with a shot cooldown on each, that means you potentially have to check 10 spots to find pvp from them, I think they would have created much better hot spots if there was like 2 or 3 champions that took longer to kill but dropped far better loot.

Bonii and Inkarnation like this.
  9. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

they are already doing that. Have you not been paying attention? Guess what? things to fight about is pvp. Which further goes to prove how stupid you are and how accurate my original statement on the subject was.
    --- Post updated ---
    would not be too many if the pop were not so small.
    Have to think about the long term and if they are thinking that the current population level is acceptable then it is already over. So when they build and update the game they do so with a much improved population in mind and not of a small one where they would limit the content they do add to the game based on a small near insignificant population level.

Blaze likes this.
  10. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The thing is they have to consider the current population when they put things in, they could have added like 2 or 3 champs and had the rest ready to add if the pop picks up.

11. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

Champions were there before launch when we had 2000+ concurrent players.

Korag, Blaze and Fengor like this.
  12. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

combat on pts lit boys?

13. Sorrow Avaritia

Hero

The were barely touched b4 they were patched though as most people thought they were bugged and hard to kill (which they weren't I killed a lot of them pre patch). When you patched them and made it so you could open sealed treasure, surely you could have disabled some of them?

I just think that everything you patch is over kill. You added wilderness portals which I actually thought were good, but then you added rune books which is just way to much fast travel, there are to many champions to make them hot spots, and with your territory control (if that ever gets added) it seems like you are going to add way to many nodes to that, that you have to harvest far to often to create any hot spots, it even seems like there isn't going to be a good reason to fight over them, and combat changes went to far.

14. Korag

Korag Evil Eye
    Hero

You should find investors and go buy a game and develop it. I am sure you will do amazing.

15. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

16. Wizzy

Wizzy Crypt Guard
    Contributor

More teasers PLEASE :)

17. DeadlyHit

DeadlyHit Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

WER IS TEST SERVA

18. Neilk

Neilk Web Development & System Admin
    Staff Member Team Lead

PTS testing will probably be pushed until tomorrow, having some last minute issues with Robes

NonFactor, DeadlyHit and Wizzy like this.
  19. Mega

Mega Air Elemental
    Legend

:disrelieved:
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe this could be released to the public now, to soften the delay blow and give us some info of the changes coming!

20. NonFactor

NonFactor Fire Giant
    Affluent Legend

news?