Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Dismounting.

Discussion in 'Support & Bugs' started by JEDIMind, Jul 3, 2018.

1. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Winterbound

Was something chnaged? I can no longer dismount on 80% of the mountains with inclines.
    Literally found 100s of different kinds of terrain i normally would be able to dismount on but cant.

Just spamming dismount in till I can finally get off.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    #1 JEDIMind, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  2. Volfen

Volfen Earth Elemental
    Legend

Been that way since beta.

3. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Winterbound

Played beta and it was not like this. You have not notice you cant spawn your mount on inclines?

4. Volfen

Volfen Earth Elemental
    Legend

It was either beta or early launch, most likely beta. If terrain is moderately inclined I don't even bother trying to dismount. At the time, people said it might have to do with limiting exploits, but I don't know if that was the reason or if it was just a new bug.

5. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Winterbound

After beta ( some where in beta? ) tho they changed it to where you could dismount everywhere ( even in air i think?? )
    Didnt see it get changed after that. I might of missed a patch note about it but i feel like something has changed in resent months

i kinda feel like as there virus with terrain..not as in computer sense but if you look at dwarf lands it feels like the bugs in those lands are spreading little bit each day. Few days ago i report a few hamlets with system triggers 1.5kms out..i was standing on east talpacs walls and set off sunstone island system.

#5 JEDIMind, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  6. kilrain

kilrain Oak Lord
    Staff Member Team Lead Developer

No, nothing has changed in recent months. The old system checked if you were not moving and grounded before it would allow you get get off your mount. Enabling the moving aspect posed a few problems so now we do a raycast below the mount to make sure there is ground close enough to be considered "grounded" and no longer check for movement. The result is very steep inclines, like the ones you showed in the video, will be too much to dismount.

JEDIMind likes this.
  7. JEDIMind

JEDIMind Winterbound

Thank you.