Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

DnD Refugees?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aparks, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Not_Primetime

Not_Primetime Infernal
    Wealthy Legend

lol wtf? This guy needs some meds.

Fengor likes this.
  2. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

Eh not exactly. They must have made some backend improvement as I have played every iteration of Darkfall and I have seen 50+ alfar getting rolled by 20+ orcs in a dungeon full of probably ~15 gardarocs, 40 naleads, 20-30 sarlids and oathbounds, and did not experience any load lag or other performance issues.

Last RoA siege (December-January) I would still get small hitches of load lag. While much better than DF1, it was still an early detection system.

I agree that their execution was lacking in many ways, but a lot of their ideas conform more to what DF1 was supposed to be about. (Racial alliance, strict alignment, specialization etc.)

Ideally if BPG could bring over some of those fundamentals while continuing on their current path they could eventually attract enough new players to make RoA more than just something for fans of DF1.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  3. Hook

Hook Chosen of Khamset
    Legend

The whole racial alliance and strict alignment only played a part in the 1st 4-6 months while everyone was lvling thier characters. Once people where done they joined clans and didn't give a shot about them anymore, so it's not the huge of deal.

4. Uzik

Uzik Wildtribe Mage
    Affluent Legend

It is not that huge of a deal for the people who joined clans/alliances and lived out of player cities for the rest of their lives. You forget that TENS OF THOUSANDS of people were trying to play DF1 at release, and most of them eventually got it. Those people who joined later on found desolate NPC city areas that were gank-central spots where a blue is just as likely to kill you as a red.

Racial alliance can be forgone with a solid faction system, but without real alignment you will never get the 80% of MMO players who are not hardcore PvP'rs to stay (P.S- Those are the people you need for the game to survive)

5. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

there are some individuals who worked for BPG that a status of : lets listen to this guy.. because look @ this background. he prolly knows what is good for the game..

this backfire hard.. regarding game design issues meaning they lost alot of time in process of developing things.

on top of that.. roa had a very bad launch altho with alot more people compared to nd.. alot of people backed away fast due to these problems.

then we had the 8 months of shittalk on reddit and roa forums by certain people who thought ND was the holy grail and made a lifegoal for themselves to shit talk roa in any form they could think of..

this is actually what baffles me the most.. since afterall both versions are sort of darkfall..

now new dawn launched.. with 10% of their roadmap in which 80 of that 10 is broken unfinished or exploitable.

yes new dawn managed to make the game run more smooth.. but this enchance the new player experience?

like i said below.. ubergames relies on money.. while BPG dont have much expenses and always have the core of darkfalll behind them.

there should have never been 2 servers of darkfall.. this is a race of mana to stamina.

DAlonso and Johhny Mad Dog like this.
  6. Buffalo Spaceman

Buffalo Spaceman Frostjarl
    Hero

It's getting much harder to do this grind when there is no light at the end of the tunnel. There's no meaningful PvP to look forwards to outside of local villages that MIGHT go live if the 22 hour timer works in your favor. Theres no really busy areas to fin consistent open world PvP. Theres just nothing but PvE and running simulator.

Sique and Fengor like this.
  7. Darkwulf

Darkwulf Gravelord

They spent about 6 or 7 months of indev doing nothing but fixing the code.

8. Ch4r4x

Ch4r4x Winterbound
    Hero

How can this baffle you when you do the same shit yourself?:expressionless:

9. Andrew

Andrew Eodrin
    Staff Member BPG Representative

We can't control what happens off our sites, I really hope that our players don't troll or trash the other team. The community as a whole needs a toxicity cleanse and I don't endorse this super toxicity anywhere. I highly suggest the other team to take a strong stance against toxic players as well.

Inkarnation likes this.
  10. Copperfield

Copperfield Black Knight
    Legend

are you serieus or what charax?

if 10 people keep spamming hey that copperfield dude is in idiot.. some people take those words for granted. those are you call sheeps.

a: i never posted shit towards anyone. or harrasing people on a personal level
    b: yes i troll.. but i do it obivous meaning hey that guy is joking around.

from roa launch to timestamp nd launch.. and still going on.. the same handfull of people are trash talking roa devs, the game iteself, the players
    posting crap of different sites and so on.

those are the same trash talkers on the ND forums.. who do nothing else but calling people roa fanboys.. go back to roa. play you arena game or in those lines.

BPG never deserved any of this..

yes it is a project by players of the darkfall community.. but does that mean you can trash talk those people into oblivion?

also ill say it again comparing both project.. ROA has done alot more in adding content to the game. while those blind new dawn players keep telling themselves that grind is content