Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Do people still play this? If so try to convince me to play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Battle Smurf, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Umberto

Umberto Spellgazer
    Staff Member

Changes to combat is something we're talking very seriously. And as a community, you'll have the chance to help us shape the meta by playing on our Test Server and giving your valuable feedback.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. FilthyIrishman

FilthyIrishman Goblin Shaman

Make the time to kill longer for the love of god....... 99% of the community agress with this.

3. Shaocoo123

Shaocoo123 Goblin Scout

Woow, very cool to see some GM responses on this one. Some I even remember fighting back in the day, lol kinda surreal, makes me wanna learn programming :) . One thing I can say about UW is that they had the combat RIGHT. When the servers closed... Everyones build was so diverse, it was very rare to see anyone running the exact same build. And I loved that about it, there is a reason even just logging into to duel kept the game alive for a bit in the end.

I'm definitely gonna check out the free weekend, but as a vet of every DF iteration. I know exactly how this turns out, fireball - magma bomb fest, everyone is the same character etc. I cant wait to see what combat additions/ tweaks/ evolutions are coming down the pipeline. Gona hit the gym and log in! See you all in game. And good job on the responses, your definitley already like 10000X better than AV in my mind... lol I remember waiting months on months on months for them to say something in Forum fall.

Gj leading the push gents

4. NonFactor

NonFactor Forest Golem
    Wealthy Affluent Legend

Pmist is already fixed?

5. MaxiHori

MaxiHori Akathar

Still lacking what's required to bring me back:
    1) I logged in and I was naked at the bank, there must be an easy way (maybe a saved template) where I can just click and create a bag. Or even better directly buy every item in my list from the marketplace. Making bags is tedious.
    2) keybindings, I can deal with it but not any of my friends.
    3) an arrow on the map that tell me where to go for pve/pvp, you don't know where to go if you are not already familiar with the game.

I can't really understand how combat changes are prioritized, the combat mechanics always been the reason why people came, not why they left.

6. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem
    Staff Member BPG Representative

Agreed, we're not just going to throw these changes in altogether. The plan is a series of smaller changes over a few months to set the baseline and then introduce the perk system. We'll be outlining the basic change concepts in a design thread. One of the goals is to increase time to kill(ttk) as we agree with many of the community saying it is too fast.

7. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Earth Elemental

add foebringer and make powerattacks vamp strikes since theyre completely worthless right now and no one uses em.

And yes I suggest this only because I want to be able to kill people as a destroyer without being good at the game

Bonii and Dixie Normus like this.
  8. Porch

Porch Goblin Scout

Unless somehow the larger gaming clans are attracted back I can't see myself coming back.

Darkfall was meant to play 500 v 500 not 1v1 or 10v10.

I miss the days where you'd follow the forums and political map as huge zerg alliances battled back and forth.

Darkfall even if designed perfectly would still die because us the playerbase is pure cancer.

#68 Porch, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Battle Smurf, WithoutShame and Circa like this.
  9. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem

Yes the game had allowed unhindered griefing and a lack of choice for PvP participation which is one of the things we've been changing and will continue to make changes to. The idea of everywhere being non-consensual PvP is changing and we're going to be implementing different rulesets depending on the zone(Capital, lawful, lawless) so that players make a choice. This has been a highly successful approach in many games such as runescape and EvE with safer zones containing low-end resources and less safe zones having the high-end materials. This is our plan and we will be building towards this goal.

Also the concept of 500 v 500 gets pretty crazy on a regular basis and while was an original design goal in practice on the world it's a bit much. We'd have to essentially remove a lot of the magic and other aspects to even get battles that large for a single battle likely. Instead I think it's much better to have a conquest game more like planetside 2 where there's a variety of ongoing objectives and battles happening instead of everything focused into one single battle at a time. This is the direction that we're going with TCS, there will be more happening than just one battle at a time with the exception being holdings will become the large battles. Smaller daily and weekly battles will happen for territory and large sieges for holdings will happen more rarely but will be a BIG deal. If every day sieges were so intense it gets exhausting, this is why TCS we feel is a far better idea to give smaller regular battles and more infrequent larger battles.

Battle Smurf likes this.
  10. GoodDoggie

GoodDoggie Earth Elemental

I could see this working out for the best for all, as pvp will likely be easier for the pvpers to come by if there are dedicated pvp areas.
    less ground to cover

and more room for the noobs/pve players to breathe

where the arenas tho

Bonii likes this.
  11. Andrew

Andrew Obsidian Golem

An unlimited queue style arena with rankings and whatnot is not something on any radar of ours. However new arena type structures or places added with tools for players to run their own tournaments and events is something that we will look to explore in the future. It's not on an immediate roadmap at this time however.

Right now the focus in on reasons to "bang" every day, this is where TCS is designed to shine.

Not_Primetime and Billy Lee like this.