Welcome to the Rise of Agon Community

Create an account today to engage in discussions and community events on the Rise of Agon forums.

Draunadan the new Blackbolt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeJT, Jun 28, 2017.

1. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

There actually used to be in dfo. I'm not sure what was changed but it used to be people used slow staffs for transfers/rays and blackbolts for r90s in order to get the increased effect. Used to be rays were barely usable with a blackbolt. I'm not entirely sure why it was changed actually, possibly to normalize gear or lower skill ceiling

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    Slayven likes this.
  2. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Do you honestly think it's impossible to be good at a game and critical of it at the same time?

Do you think every high skill player loves Darkfall and thinks it perfect and anyone who criticises is just bad.

I was rocking 7 KDR in Planetside 2. 5 v 1'd members of the best outfit on my server on a regular basis but was still critical of it.

Made it to Legendary Eagle in Counterstrike: GO after spending months in silvers. Never once criticised it.

Top score boards on BF3 and BF4 but still criticised elements of both of them.

Get absolutely rekted by top tier Quake players but have never criticised the game.

See a pattern? Yes! I criticize games with glaring design flaws! Irrespective of my skill level in that game.

If you honestly can't criticise something you're good at thats a good indicator of narcissim, or psychopathy.

3. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

You're not offering constructive criticism you're clamoring for glaring design changes and overhauls of entire facets of the game. There is a difference between saying I think there should be safer areas for lower skilled players and saying completely change the entirety of the games economy and gear scale and lower the skill ceiling by removing bhopping so my zerg can kill you easier.

Not only that but you're circle jerking with the same forum trolls who are personally attacking the games developers and calling them stupid. Don't backpedal and hide under some "I'm just criticizing chill XD". You're trying to change a game completely while having an uninformed opinion

TryHard likes this.
  4. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Do you actually read my posts or just look for keywords and make assumptions? I'm seriously curious because making the difference between a 0.03 damage staff and a 0.38 damage staff more than 2 damage isn't really "glaring design changes". Stop putting words in my mouth mate.

Yet again, you're seriously stretching there buddy.

Lower the skill ceiling? You've got to be trolling. Do you honestly think Bhopping in DF is seriously high skilled? Do you really think that bunnyhopping saves lower tiered characters from higher tiered characters? BULLSHIT.

High tier characters bunny hop further and faster than low tier characters, and heal up faster than lower tier characters.

Indefinite bunny hopping as it stands benefits high tier characters far more than low tier characters.

And stop pretending that you're looking out for new players by resisting changes to the game.

You're looking out for yourself.

5. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

LOL I love this post made me laugh out loud for real.

Schnid likes this.
  6. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

Lol clear case of mad cause bad. Anyway do some actual tests kid. I just dragon breathed a full bone clanky for 33 popped on a unenchanted sortilege staff and hit him for 40. 7 damage for double the cost of staff. On a full bone dude.
    If the dude with a blackbolt was better than me he would reck me even though I paid for and have a advantage. Idk man to me that's pretty balenced.

There's Alot more to darkfall than fucking quake and csg I sense you are just bad and are looking for a way to justify it. Try getting better

Schnid likes this.
  7. Tuloth

Tuloth Infernal
    Loyal Hero

I use druanadan while grinding because I don't want to wreck the durability on good staffs to cast 10,000 of a spell to level it up.

The real issue here is a great deal of magic damage comes from leveling up the spells, you don't really gain damage from leveling melee because you don't need to level up 19 different sword swings, only mastery (intensify). Personally, I think spells shouldn't level, they should come out of the box at "max power" and the spell animations can be based on the rank of staff used. (This is just a rough idea concept, not really relevant to this discussion)

As for the destroyers, I would assume the "ideal" staff for them should be the Lesser/Greater staffs, if the school based staffs were more relevant this would likely end up helping them in the long run?

8. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Which staff gave you 33 damage? A BB or a Draunadan?

I'm trying to seriously and objective look at staff damage here.

But "mad cause bad" because I criticize the game.

I can just as easily say "I sense you are just crutching on an overpowered unbalanced character and that's why you don't want the game to change."

Which is pretty much true for 99% of players that don't want the game to change.

9. Inkarnation

Inkarnation Frostjarl
    Legend

a saracenia will tear you a new one
    --- Post updated ---
    mage IS the safe area for newer players

btw reduce sele golem respawn time

10. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Akathar
    Legend

You remind me of cringer from the Thundar Cats cartoon... everytime you post I imagine you saying SNARF SNARF with your fat profile picture. Hours spent laughing at how your brain works on the forums. Thank you, I enjoyed this.

11. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

I personally think he looks dapper.

Grimtrove likes this.
  12. WyLd_SyDe

WyLd_SyDe Spellgazer
    Legend

Why thank you m'sir

MikeJT likes this.
  13. Sacrillegious

Sacrillegious Fire Elemental
    Loyal Hero

Holy cow buddy. It's not that hard to understand. I feel like you are talking out of ur ass and haven't actually tested anything

14. clyde frog

clyde frog Skeleton Archer
    Supporter

Is that true? r20 is only 1-3 damage difference? if so ill sell all my blackbolts

15. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Go ahead and test for yourself.

16. clyde frog

Supporter

Not in game, I am working. Is it the same for hastestaffs.

17. MikeJT

MikeJT Black Knight
    Supporter

Sadly the primary difference between the three is cast speed, which is negligible.

18. Check Mate

Check Mate Stormgraive

There won't be any noticeable damage difference, but hastestaff is slightly faster than draunadans and black bolts slightly faster than hastestaffs. The speed is much more valuable than the magnitude which is why it's forever black bolts and cobras.

19. clyde frog

Supporter

Well it doesnt seem like it blackbolts and cobras it seems like r20s are the way to go. Thanks for the input now i know to not waste money on blackbolts

MikeJT likes this.
  20. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Fire Elemental
    Legend

Goblin 0.02 Dmg 0.60 Speed
    Draunadan 0.04 Dmg 0.60 Speed
    Hastestaff 0.06 Dmg 0.65 Speed
    Blackbolt 0.08 Dmg 0.70 Speed
    Cobrastaff 0.25 Dmg 0.70 Speed

Hastestaff seems easiest to make and best value for leveling spells.

#60 Ron Mexico, Jun 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    MikeJT likes this.